• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

New Air Arms TX200 HC - Wow!!

I just received a brand new walnut stock Air Arms TX200 HC .22 caliber rifle and put a Hawke Optics Vantage 4-12x40 AO 30/30 Duplex on high mounts (without using Permatex threadlocker yet). I got to shoot quite a few rounds at a bench target that displays about 25 individual targets that are about 1 1/2" in size. The bulls-eye is smaller than the pellet hole it seems . So I sighted in the scope and kept adjusting and shooting and the results were very, very good. There are no major outliers...maybe a couple about an inch off of bullseye. Most of the shots, (maybe 80%) were within 2 cm of bullseye and half of those were within 1 cm. The grouping is outstanding with many overlapping shots. I am guessing that it will only get better after I have it tuned and use Permatex on the rifle and scope mounting screws. Needless to say I am very pleased with my rifle!

The rifle does have the buzz/twang that was expected but I intend on sending it to Motorhead to have it tuned. The smooth as butter descriptions achieved by Scott's tuning convinced me that it is well worth it to send it to him so he can do his magic on the rifle. I thought that the price for the rifle was a bit steep but now that I have seen the accuracy of this gem I am convinced that I made a great purchase. The walnut stock is gorgeous also. So add me to the list of happy campers that own an Air Arms TX200 HC .22 cal air gun.

45ad7d373448a9de2941c1dde5664b9a.jpg

Sorry that I didn't get pics of the targets. I'll do that in a couple of days and post here....(assuming that I have the same results). Actually...I'll post a pic of the targets even if they are off on my second session. I expect/hope to get similar results.

If I were ever to buy another springer, I'd get one just like this one. What a classic beauty! I love the fish-scale checkering on that gorgeous walnut stock. The metal work is outstanding and the bluing is stunning. Reminds me of my old Weatherby decades ago. I wish there was one close by so I could try it out. I'm not sure who it is, but there's a guy on this forum that just did a big photo spread and written description of all the upgrades that he did to his and I fell instantly in love with it and offered to buy it. But it's already spoken for. If I ever get one of these, I'll find out who he is and hire him to do his upgrades to it.

"BeemanR7"If I were ever to buy another springer, I'd get one just like this one. What a classic beauty! I love the fish-scale checkering on that gorgeous walnut stock. The metal work is outstanding and the bluing is stunning. Reminds me of my old Weatherby decades ago. I wish there was one close by so I could try it out. I'm not sure who it is, but there's a guy on this forum that just did a big photo spread and written description of all the upgrades that he did to his and I fell instantly in love with it and offered to buy it. But it's already spoken for. If I ever get one of these, I'll find out who he is and hire him to do his upgrades to it.
Nitrocrushr is the guy that works his magic on the springers. He’s tuned and modded a few of his own and sold them, not sure if he does customer guns but it might be worth it to contact him here or the gateway. I was lucky to snag one of his earlier TX200HC projects that he did a couple years ago, really a stunning piece. He also has detailed write ups with pics on several of his builds pro sport, tx 200, hw97 with mods and tunes on the gateway, maybe on AGN too.

Very nice gun STx, congrats, you picked a winner! The TX really shoots good out of the box, you can tell why it costs what it does when you handle it and just look at it, then when you shoot it...that’s just the icing! Motorhead tune would be the extra icing, his work speaks for itself.

"Trailryder42"

He also has detailed write ups with pics on several of his builds pro sport, tx 200, hw97 with mods and tunes on the gateway, maybe on AGN too.
Suggestions on how to find these write ups?
What's "the gateway"?
Gateway to airguns, sorry, I assumed everyone knew

"Joekrooz"
"Trailryder42"

He also has detailed write ups with pics on several of his builds pro sport, tx 200, hw97 with mods and tunes on the gateway, maybe on AGN too.
Suggestions on how to find these write ups?
What's "the gateway"?
Gateway to airguns, sorry, I assumed everyone knew

I search these build write ups by googling “gateway to airguns nitrocrushr hw97” or gateway to airguns nitrocrushr tx200hc. Unfortunately none of the pictures are available in these threads anymore because of the photobucket delete thing that happened recently. It’s a real shame because without the pics, these write ups are not the same. Still good info though, but the pics really told the story.

Heres his last write up that has pics https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=137109.msg1372745#msg1372745