New acquisition.

I notice that I did not had a .22 air rifle classic style with a bottle. I have a Uragan in 22. That was my only .22 that gives a lot of shots per fill.

Then I started thinking if I would buy a classic style .22 with a bottle and 45 fpe, which would be my alternatives.

Some weeks passed and then I found in the used airguns section of AoA a Wolverine HP walnut stock (apparently a beautiful one) in .22 with a substantial reduction in price in regard of a new one.

I made the call, requested a change of bottle to go to 580cc and now it is on the way to it's new home.

I am expecting the wolverine HP to give 78-80 shots per fill with the 580cc bottle.

If working properly, it should be very accurate, it should have an excellent trigger.

The already known expected disadvantage is going to be the total length....

I will report how it performs once I receive it.

Congrats. So is this the new flavor of the month that is better than everyone else's airguns they post about?
Do not know yet.

I have not receive it. Wolverine HP .25 and non HP are very accurate. I shoot with them today.

I suppose the .22 Cal should also be accurate.

Wolverines are a pleasure to shot with. But it is very difficult to decide which rifle "is better than everyone else's airguns they post about". And mainly because I have not shot Dayatate with computers nor Evol rifles. Nor FX Impact nor Maverick, nor the really hand made expensive ones.

AGT rifles are super rifles also. That is for sure !

It is very different what someone could consider the best rifle, but for sure it would depend of the use you want to give to it.

For shooting from a bench I like the wolverines. For hunting I like the sidewinders and the Vulcan 3 700 in .30 Cal.

The New member of the crew arrived !!

It is beautiful and apparently shoots really well !

F58A3088-FFCE-4387-ABEE-9B2855886037.jpeg

This rifle should be more accurate with JSB's 18.1 and 25.4 grain, but I do not have as much of those pellets.

This morning I shoot some JSB beast 34 grain and I did not notice something really special.

For plinking purposes I think I will shoot the 15.9. If there's no wind they are accurate.

Later on if I would like to take this Wolverine hunting, then I will zero it with the 25.4 grain, but form the moment is a great rifle to shoot the 15.9.

Recrown worked for the JSB's 25.4..... But this rifle DO NOT shoot slugs not even so-so.
From your picture it appears that you have the HP version of the Wolverine R.

I have the .22 Wolverine R HP.

My understanding is that the HP barrels have a slow 1:32 twist rate. This allows pellets to remain stable at higher than normal velocities - but the slower spin rate is likely not good for slug shooting.

From your picture it appears that you have the HP version of the Wolverine R.

I have the .22 Wolverine R HP.

My understanding is that the HP barrels have a slow 1:32 twist rate. This allows pellets to remain stable at higher than normal velocities - but the slower spin rate is likely not good for slug shooting.
Yes, it is a Wolverine HP HR.

Thanks a lot !!