New AAA Evol Wood Stock?

Tom, 

Just thinking ahead. I have an Evol 30 Tac and I'm also looking at getting the HPS 22 with the new stock. Will the new stock be interchangeable between the two? I know the safety is in a different location with the new wood stock. If I wanted to put the wood stock on my Evol Tac 30, would I just remove the lower and swap trigger groups or is there more to it that's involved?

Tom, 

Just thinking ahead. I have an Evol 30 Tac and I'm also looking at getting the HPS 22 with the new stock. Will the new stock be interchangeable between the two? I know the safety is in a different location with the new wood stock. If I wanted to put the wood stock on my Evol Tac 30, would I just remove the lower and swap trigger groups or is there more to it that's involved?

im also interested on this since i have the evol .30 tac, it will be awesome if i just can buy that beautiful wood stock and swap it, i like the tac version but man, that wood stock looks great.

AAA (Tom) mentioned that he had several different types of EVOLs there for people to check out. I was under the impression that they were only "concept" guns that are maybe or maybe not going into production in the future. It seemed like the wood one was only made for EBR. It ended up being actioned off at the end of the EBR and sold for over $4,000.

Tom, 

im also interested on this since i have the evol .30 tac, it will be awesome if i just can buy that beautiful wood stock and swap it, i like the tac version but man, that wood stock looks great.

There are some differences that need to be addressed. 1) The burst disk has been relocated from the side to the bottom of the receiver. This negates the need to carve a relief on the right side of the inletting. To use an older receiver this area will have to whittled out for clearance. 2) The trigger package has two differences, a set back trigger and a different safety lever.

So yes it is possible but not sure it will make economic sense.

Tom 

AAA (Tom) mentioned that he had several different types of EVOLs there for people to check out. I was under the impression that they were only "concept" guns that are maybe or maybe not going into production in the future. It seemed like the wood one was only made for EBR. It ended up being actioned off at the end of the EBR and sold for over $4,000.

We had a few guns to demo. A standard 22 with a 15" barrel and Magpul PRS (this is the gun I shot in the Extreme), a 22 Mini wich was lent as a replacement to Matt Hodges son so he could compete, and a 30 caliber Mini (I shot this one for AFT).

We have built the 30 cal. Mini before and received a lukewarm reception, but I really enjoy this combination so I built another. There are more refinements needed before it is offered again. Specs are 10" barrel, 63 fpe. with 44 gn, and 18 shots (two mags) with a 4k fill. Goals are to get a few more fpe and less cocking effort.

Tom 

Tom, 

There are some differences that need to be addressed. 1) The burst disk has been relocated from the side to the bottom of the receiver. This negates the need to carve a relief on the right side of the inletting. To use an older receiver this area will have to whittled out for clearance. 2) The trigger package has two differences, a set back trigger and a different safety lever.

Tom

I guess that I didn't realize how much was changed. Thanks for your openness. In regards to the overall weight, is that 6.3 lbs with an 18" .30cal barrel? If it is, that's not bad at all.

Tom, 

Tom

I guess that I didn't realize how much was changed. Thanks for your openness. In regards to the overall weight, is that 6.3 lbs with an 18" .30cal barrel? If it is, that's not bad at all.

Yes, 18" 30 cal.

Claudio and I were laughing because somehow I knew he would end up with it. Lol

received_1931250940388596.1634619886.jpeg

Its definitely an elegant looking rifle, Tom and Steve did a phenomenal job.