New 700cc bottle questions answered and the bottle installed on my Red Wolf HP.

Best to pay slightly more and order on Amazon.com. You are rolling the dice with US Customs. I got burned the same way a couple of years ago ordering a 580cc bottle when they first came out. It got stuck in customs and I had to pay over $100 plus another $$$ in storage fees. If you don't pay right away within 3 or 4 working days they start accruing a daily storage fee.... Save $20 ordering direct and roll the dice, or pay a little more and order from Amazon. Your choice...

• Wow
Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
I had no Customs charges at all, but any charges are always the responsibility of the purchaser. I think that there are no Customs duties for purchases under about $800, but I am not certain about this.

My bottles skipped right through Customs with no issues.

In the past, however, whenever there has been any sort of 'delay' in going through Customs, I have had to pay fees (specifically in my case for a gun purchased from Krale). Other times, when things travel smoothly, even for a similar or even a higher purchase price, I have not had to pay Customs duties.

I guess it is kind of like a lottery - If checked and of a certain amount then you will pay. If not seen or checked thoroughly by Customs, you don't pay. Part of life when purchasing direct from an International seller.

With all of that said, however, a $345 Customs duty seems excessive to me. If you paid, for example, $155 per bottle for your 9 bottles, I think that the Customs duty is only about 4%, which would equate to ~$55 on your purchase. Where they got $345 for duties is is unknown by me, and as I say, seems excessive. That's about the equivalent of 25%!

Have any new tariffs recently been levied against China?

I have to say that my experience has been the same. I ordered two bottles and they skipped right through. Quick delivery and no extra fees. This has also been true when I ordered from Krale.

Best to pay slightly more and order on Amazon.com. You are rolling the dice with US Customs. I got burned the same way a couple of years ago ordering a 580cc bottle when they first came out. It got stuck in customs and I had to pay over $100 plus another $$$ in storage fees. If you don't pay right away within 3 or 4 working days they start accruing a daily storage fee.... Save $20 ordering direct and roll the dice, or pay a little more and order from Amazon. Your choice...

This is probably true. 

I had no problem ordering through Helen at Allsafe, but frankly if the Amazon option had been available at the time i would have taken it given all the advantages, like quick shipping, easy returns, and no surprises.

I would also recommend Wes from Airgunarcheryfun.ca, fast shipping and great customer service. Wes is a super standup guy. 

amazon would be my second choice since it isn’t part of prime. 

qball,

I agree that Wes is a super standup guy. The only issue is that he ships from Canada, and one can occasionally get caught up in cross-border issues. I had one purchase (a 9L SCBA tank) which simply disappeared in the border mess during the first blast of Covid, back in 2020. Wes took care of it and I didn’t lose any money, but I suspect that without the cross border transit there might not have been a problem.

I would also say that I tend to stay away from Amazon shipments that are not part of Prime, if I can help it.

Chris

A while back, my buddy, Tom(Broekzwans and longrangeairgunning) told me about the new 700cc bottles that were available from Alsafecylinders. He then also posted here making people aware of them. The other day there was another post talking about them. After I replied to that last post, I got quite a few e-mail’s asking about the price, shipping times and quality.

After Tom told me about these bottles about five weeks ago, I messaged Helen at Alsafecylinders, through Instagram, to order a couple. Of course, they were out of stock but Helen told me they would be back in stock in about 21 days, maybe earlier. I called 14 days later, they were back in stock a little early, so I ordered one to try out. I wish I had ordered more and will soon! I ordered it on a Tuesday, it shipped on Wednesday, it arrived in California on Friday and was delivered to my door on Monday morning. I’ve been very busy but finally have the weekend off, so I decided to put it on my Red Wolf today. It is a long bottle but because the Red Wolf HP has such a long barrel, I don’t think it looks out of place at all. More importantly, it will take my shot count from 30 in .30 cal to up around 43-45 shots. Much more respectable. When I switch the gun over to .22, the shot count will be awesome!

So here are the details and answers to the questions that people messaged me asking about… The price is about $150 for the bottle(no valve) and shipping was $40 to California. I contacted Helen through Instagram at Alsafecylinders. I checked today and the bottles were in stock as of this morning. Shipping times from China to California was 4 business days via Fed Ex Express with tracking and it only took one day to ship. The quality really is exceptional. Comparing it to all of my 480cc and 580cc bottles, I couldn’t see any difference in quality, it is as good or better than the other five carbon bottles I have. It looks very well made and the finish work is superb. It is rated for an inspection time and a lifespan of 3yr/15yr, just like American made bottles. When you order this bottle, it is important that you order the 300BAR version with the M18x1.5 threads. The 250BAR bottle doesn’t have deep enough threads(.5”-.75”)for using with most air guns! The model number is: CRPIII-55-0.7-30-T. Of course, verify when you order. If you are going to use this with an FX air gun, you will also need a valve, not with the Red Wolf though, just swap or replace the o-ring inside the rim of the bottle.

As Tom originally recommended, after you swap bottles, be sure to fill the new bottle slowly and only to 50-75BAR initially, for the sake of safety. Then, when you finally fill it to 250 or 300BAR, again, go slowly the first time. Just a precaution but a very sensible one and great advise from Tom!

I think that covers all of the questions. If you don’t mind the length, these bottles are a great option. It won’t be long before you see FX Impacts or other PCP’s with dual, 700cc bottles. 1400cc! In .177 that would be about 4000 shots! 😜😂 Just joking but it will be an absurd amount of shots!

Here are a couple of pictures of my Red Wolf with the 700cc bottle installed. One is just of the gun and the other next to the RAW with a 480cc bottle and the Impact with a 580cc bottle for comparison. Yes, it’s long but I absolutely love it and don’t think it looks out of place at all because of the gun’s length. Even if I didn’t like the look, I’d use it anyway, just for the added shot count in .30 cal.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Looks like it’s going to be a super wet one out here in Nor Cal. Finally, Salmon and Steelhead time!

Stoti

View attachment 183049View attachment 183061
Thanks for the information, looks great on your Redwolf!!