• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New, 7000 PSI Compressors from AEA:

Not sure I would say "suffers". When was the last time you lubricated the front wheel bearings on your car?
My trucks wheel bearings have been upgraded from open bearings to sealed beaings, and are not generating a 4500 PSI load.
I believe the compressors lower end will probably last for years, but a simple oil bath, would likely last a lifetime, and be a very inexpensive improvement.

Not sure I would say "suffers". When was the last time you lubricated the front wheel bearings on your car?
The additional cost to upgrade to a oil bath system, would be very minimal.
A seal, a slinger, a pint of oil , and a oil cap.
Total cost...probably less than $5.

But then we would have threads for days.....asking what weight of oil to use, how often on changing oil, what brand is the best, etc....
Followed by videos on youtube, about the benifits of adding water to your oil system!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: markhooper
So when the hydro test expires on the tanks where do you take it to get retested? Definitely interested in the air compressor, not so much in the gun.
Fire extinguisher supply house usually does Hydro testing. Just do a search on hydro testing near me. If there is no place close, you can send it to Ninja Paintball and they can test. They will make you pay first. If it fails they cut your tank in half and you still have to pay.

Not in any dive shop I have ever used. All hydro testing is sent out. And costs more than $20 since around 2000. You're lucky to have such at your disposal, and at such great prices.

What's the name of the place that does this for you, and where are they located?
Last tank I had hydro tested was $35. This was 10 years ago in Lima Ohio. I would expect it to be around $50ish now. The tank failed. When buying a tank try to get one with a high REE number.

Last tank I had hydro tested was $35. This was 10 years ago in Lima Ohio. I would expect it to be around $50ish now. The tank failed. When buying a tank try to get one with a high REE number.
The question is are they capable of hydro testing a 7000psi tank. If I remember correctly it need to be tested at a factor of 1.5 which is 10,500 psi

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
The question is are they capable of hydro testing a 7000psi tank. If I remember correctly it need to be tested at a factor of 1.5 which is 10,500 psi
Not sure if it's correct but I was told that tanks are tested at 5/3 the operating pressure. So for a 7k tank that would be 11,667 psi

Reactions: IMADMAN
Do you own one of these 7,000 psi tanks?

And what do you mean by "most places"? A lot of people are under the false premise that any ole SCUBA shop can do hydro testing. Mostly #fakenews.
No I do not. That’s why I’m asking. Even if the the compressor fills to 7000psi. In 5 years, would you have to buy a new tank if no one can hydro test it?
Any just to clarify I have zero interest in the gun/tank. What I am interested in is the compressor that was announced. I have yet to see it released. If it can do 7000psi then 4500-5000psi should be cake for it.

Last edited:
No I do not. That’s why I’m asking. Even if the the compressor fills to 7000psi. In 5 years, would you have to buy a new tank if no one can hydro test it?
Any just to clarify I have zero interest in the gun/tank. What I am interested in is the compressor that was announced. I have yet to see it released. If it can do 7000psi then 4500-5000psi should be cake for it.
And that's my point. A GX compressor can do 5800 psi. The AEA can allegedly hit 7000 psi. But those are MAX output ratings, and no tank has been made to hold either charge, so asking if there is a hydro facility that can test it is kind of moot, IMO.

And most people who own their own compressor and tank aren't going to get hydro testing done anyway.

Bin Tac new Rifle takes 7000psi BUT is regulated at 4500psi

IMG_1985.png

Too soon to tell!
Even the GX-CS4 owners here, are only up to 20 or 30 hours, so way too soon to tell for a brand new product.
In other words - disposable?
Every compressor is great when brand new - put 50-100 hours on it and then put out a real review.
If I get 50 hrs out of my GX-CS4, I will have got my monies worth. That is only $10 an hour. Still way cheaper than driving across town and paying to get a tank filled. Not to mention the convenience.