New, 7000 PSI Compressors from AEA:

Have to wonder what kind of cooling and filters would be required for a 7k compressor.
Im not sure, but this AEA 7000 PSI unit looks to be very small, compact, portable, self contained, and promising at this point.
Almost too good to be true!
Compressors continue to evolve, become more dependable, and less expensive as time goes on.
Time will tell.

So when the hydro test expires on the tanks where do you take it to get retested? Definitely interested in the air compressor, not so much in the gun.

The same people/buisness that fill tanks, are usually certified to perform hydro tests as well.
Check any local scuba shops and/or fire extinguisher related buisness's would be my suggestion.
I have a small, local company that fills my large tanks for $10, and they also perform the hydro testing when required, for $10 or $20 as I recall.
At $10 per fill, and $20 every 5 years for testing, a compressor of my own just doesnt really makes any financial sense, for me.
The air they provide is extremely dry, high quality breathing air, normally reserved for scuba divers and firemen.
I do have two, brand new, unused, small and inexpensive compressors I keep as SHTF back ups, (and a large generator) but so far, Ive never had to use them.
As compressors become more dependable, and less expensive over time, at some point, the independence of owning a quality compressor, will be beneficial for myself.
This particular compressor looks very promising, and will probably be very reasonably priced.
It might just be a game changer.
Time will tell!

Reactions: rcs9250
Im not sure, but this AEA 7000 PSI unit looks to be very small, compact, portable, self contained, and promising at this point.
Almost too good to be true!
Compressors continue to evolve, become more dependable, and less expensive as time goes on.
Time will tell.
Yeah, it might take 4 hours to charge a 480cc upto 7k with cool down periods. We will see.

The same people/buisness that fill tanks, are usually certified to perform hydro tests as well.
Check any local scuba shops and/or fire extinguisher related buisness's would be my suggestion.
I have a small, local company that fills my large tanks for $10, and they also perform the hydro testing when required, for $10 or $20 as I recall.
At $10 per fill, and $20 every 5 years for testing, a compressor of my own just doesnt really makes any financial sense, for me.
The air they provide is extremely dry, high quality breathing air, normally reserved for scuba divers and firemen.
I do have two, brand new, unused, small and inexpensive compressors I keep as SHTF back ups, (and a large generator) but so far, Ive never had to use them.
As compressors become more dependable, and less expensive over time, at some point, the independence of owning a quality compressor, will be beneficial for myself.
This particular compressor looks very promising, and will probably be very reasonably priced.
Time will tell!
For a 7000psi tank? I believe it needs to be tested @ 1.5 x that, not sure if dive shops can test that high? What may happen is that you probably have to send them back after they expire to get recertified. More than likely for a hefty fee, that would be close in cost to a new tank. It has been well over 10 years since I had a hydro test done on a 4500 SCBA tank back then it cost me $45.

If I had a dollar for every time Bin repeated "don't fill to 7,000" in that video I'd be rich. There hasn't been any under $1K box compressor from China that has a reliable track record over time. The GX CS4 is reasonably priced and a good value. In a year or two we will see if it is the first one to be affordable and be reliable long term. They sell like hot cakes so I hope they last.

Last edited:
For a 7000psi tank? I believe it needs to be tested @ 1.5 x that, not sure if dive shops can test that high? What may happen is that you probably have to send them back after they expire to get recertified. More than likely for a hefty fee, that would be close in cost to a new tank. It has been well over 10 years since I had a hydro test done on a 4500 SCBA tank back then it cost me $45.
I believe that my 4500 psi cf tanks get tested to 7500 psi.
Technically speaking, typical c.f. tanks should be tested every 5 years, and discarded after 15 years.
Please be careful!
Most legitiment buisness's wont even fill a tank, if its inspection is out of date, or the lifespan is expired.
Years ago there were some nasty photos, of a carbon fiber tank that exploded in someones house, and the scenes were gruesome to say the least.
$45 for testing seems high, and Id suggest shopping around.
But even at $45, its a great investment and peace of mind, in my opinion!

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I believe that my 4500 psi cf tanks get tested to 7500 psi.
Technically speaking, typical c.f. tanks should be tested every 5 years, and discarded after 15 years.
Please be careful!
Most legitiment buisness's wont even fill a tank, if its inspection is out of date, or the lifespan is expired.
Years ago there were some nasty photos, of a carbon fiber tank that exploded in someones house, and the scenes were gruesome to say the least.
$45 for testing seems high, and Id suggest shopping around.
But even at $45, it’s a great investment and peace of mind, in my opinion!
I’m outside of the contiguous US. Prices are alway high where I live.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Time will tell!
Not in any dive shop I have ever used. All hydro testing is sent out. And costs more than $20 since around 2000. You're lucky to have such at your disposal, and at such great prices.

What's the name of the place that does this for you, and where are they located?

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Not in any dive shop I have ever used. All hydro testing is sent out. And costs more than $20 since around 2000. You're lucky to have such at your disposal, and at such great prices.

What's the name of the place that does this for you, and where are they located?
I realize Im fortunate.
Its a local buisness, that specializes in breathing air for local fire departments.
Its been 3 or 4 years since my last test, and I dont recall exact test prices, but its very reasonable.
Fills however are still $10 each, for 88 cubic foot tanks filled to 4500psi.
Dosent justify buying a compressor, but if compressor prices continue to get better, and less expensive, that may change soon.

I realize Im fortunate.
Its a local buisness, that specializes in breathing air for local fire departments.
Its been 3 or 4 years since my last test, and I dont recall exact test prices, but its very reasonable.
Fills however are still $10 each, for 88 cubic foot tanks filled to 4500psi.
Dosent justify buying a compressor, but if compressor prices continue to get better, and less expensive, that may change soon.
Don't blame you one bit bud!! Where I am, a SCBA fill is $10, SCUBA is $4. A Hydro is about $30-35. Even at those rates, buying a compressor isn't really a viable cost-saving solution. But the freedom to not have to drive 20 minutes and wait for a fill, added to the benefit of being able to take my compressor anywhere I want and refill using my truck battery was a big deciding factor.

Don't forget that when your SCBA hits 15 years of age, you'll have to pay extra to get an extension via MAE testing, so the cheap local hydro will no longer work. Bummer for all of us. Wish I was near a Naval facility that could do it for me.

Link to the compressor plz?????
This very recent video (link below) is all that I know.
Apparently, its been in the works for some time, and the only delay is waiting for D.O.T. approval.
I assume DOT approval is necessary due to the ability to operate it with a automotive 12 Volt battery.
But then again, are other compressors DOT approved?

AEA has always been super helpful if I've had a problem. That being said, it would be nice if they would work on making better valve pins, transfer ports, durable orings with proper spacing gaps so the rings don't extrude, etc. Instead of coming out with a new gun every week.
My zeus transfer port exploded into the bolt on its first shot brand new. No way I'm using a 7000psi zeus. :D

This very recent video (link below) is all that I know.
Apparently, its been in the works for some time, and the only delay is waiting for D.O.T. approval.
I assume DOT approval is necessary due to the ability to operate it with a automotive 12 Volt battery.
But then again, are other compressors DOT approved?

DOT is required to transport it.

The GX CS4 is probably AEA's biggest compressor competition.
The GX CS4, though not perfect, seems like it is selling well.
The GX CS4 uses a "GREASE POT" twist and turn lubrication system to grease its top end, and suffers from no method to lubricate the lower piston connecting rod, (other than periodic disassembly).

AEA's compressor looks smaller than the GX CS4.
AEA claims it will fill to a much higher pressure than the GX CS4.
AEA seems to have eliminated the "GREASE POT" system that GX CS4 uses to lubricate its its top end.

If this compressor from AEA has a better lubrictaion system, fills to a higher pressure, is smaller in size, and is about the same price, they should have a great selling product.

Im looking forward to more details.

Reactions: IMADMAN
The GX CS4 is probably AEA's biggest compressor competition.
The GX CS4, though not perfect, seems like it is selling well.
The GX CS4 uses a "GREASE POT" twist and turn lubrication system to grease its top end, and suffers from no method to lubricate the lower piston connecting rod, (other than periodic disassembly).

AEA's compressor looks smaller than the GX CS4.
AEA claims it will fill to a much higher pressure than the GX CS4.
AEA seems to have eliminated the "GREASE POT" system that GX CS4 uses to lubricate its its top end.

If this compressor from AEA has a better lubrictaion system, fills to a higher pressure, is smaller in size, and is about the same price, they should have a great selling product.

Im looking forward to more details.

Not sure I would say "suffers". When was the last time you lubricated the front wheel bearings on your car?