• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New, 7000 PSI Compressors from AEA:

hopefully they are good for some people, myself I almost bought a new aea hpss 22 and I am glad I didn't, got to test a friend's and I suppose there's got to be a lot of people who like them, but it left a lot to be desired for at the price range.
Mark
They are about to release a .95 caliber Zeus rifle, thus the need for a 7000 PSI compressor!

.95 caliber!
4000 FPE. !
Crazy!

Last edited:
Its great that a 7000 psi. compressor is being manufactured by/for a company with years of airgun experience.
And knowing AEA's buisness model, the compressor will probably retail for less than $399, and offer a warranty and excellent customer service too.
It should be very useful for stress-free, 4500 psi fills.

Now, the .95 caliber Zeus rifle on the other hand .......
Im still trying to justify that one.
Dinasaurs are extinct where I live, but we do have periodic Big Foot sightings!

I was just thinking it would be nice to test some parts to failure (homemade parts) and considering how I might get there. 7000psi might do it, and if it didn't it would at least demonstrate that they work to 7000 psi...

GsT
Someone must perform the very important job of testing!
But thats not how Id like to exit earth!
Im sure your aware that a 7000 psi failure, could easily turn fatal.
A extremely reinforced "container" of some sort, would be a must!
Perhaps numerous layers of thick, AR500 steel would be a start.

Reactions: markhooper
I was just thinking it would be nice to test some parts to failure (homemade parts) and considering how I might get there. 7000psi might do it, and if it didn't it would at least demonstrate that they work to 7000 psi...

GsT
There are many, many reasons why failure and proof testing is never done with air. Use water!!

There are many, many reasons why failure and proof testing is never done with air. Use water!!
I can only think of two: ease / cost of achieving very high pressure and safety, the latter of which is a matter of appropriate preparation. I would like to ascertain not just when and where a part fails, but how that failure would proceed. While water (or other uncompressable fluid) would provide a valid failure pressure, I'm concerned that a low brisance failure may not accurately reflect the results of a real failure. For instance, testing e.g. a regulator to failure, as installed (i.e. in a pressure vessel / plenum) water will eventually burst the regulator, but you'll have no idea what effect that same failure, with air, would have on the vessel / plenum in which it was installed.

That might be construed to imply that I'm trying to find ways to cut corners. I am actually looking at quite the opposite.

GsT

Reactions: Airgun Al
How I feel

IMG_0753.jpeg

I took mine to a paint ball store. They took it it along with others to some place in Riverside then after they were done the paint ball shop filled it all for $25. She called it a lost leader. That was around 5 years ago.
If the bottle or tank has a working pressure of 7k, they will have to test it way beyond that and I doubt they have the capability of doing so...

Reactions: Airgun Al