• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New 25 cal. Fun fun.

So I had been admiring the bullpups. I also had been admiring the energy the 25 cal guns were capable of. Well I bought one. I went with the Flashpup. Made a little adjustment to power following advice from my favorite air gun shop, and wow. My backstop was great for 22 cal guns. The 25 blows right through with a good bit of energy left. This is going to be fun.

I want a bigger scope, but I was able to grab a cheap 4-16x44 locally.
1588482526_17760650175eae51de09e7e7.05190367.jpg

I'm not ready to answer that yet. The only 25 pellet I have on hand are RWS superdomes. The hit like a freight train, but the accuracy isn't there. It's 1 inch groups or less at 50 but there are an unacceptable amount of flyers. I blame the superdomes. RWS Pellets suck. Plus at 31 grains they may be heavy. I have a full diet of JSB coming Monday.

I tuned it down just a bit. I'm pushing these 31 grain superdomes an average of 800 fps. My foggy brain this early calculates 44 fpe. That's plenty this was my reason for wanting a 25. I'll adjust again when I get my regular ammo.

I'm noticing these guns are like real guns in one sense. They all need what we gunsmiths call a "Fluff and Buff". I went through every part on this gun with a set of hones . If it moves, it got a mirror finish. That seems to really help. I don't have a cr 123 battery for my trigger scale but I bet I got it to 1.2-1.4 pounds. 

I removed the barrel and used a bronze brush in .257 caliber to scrub any burs from the barrel. The stock had a 1 place that caused pressure on the action so I relieved that with some 220 grit paper.

All of my guns get this treatment. It it night and day difference.