• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New .22?

That runs ftom sub $200 dollar guns and refurbs, all the way to real money.

The Gamo Swarm Maxxim has the needed power, the needed accuracy, and a trigger you can get used to. My grandson has. His is a $99 refurb, and weighs less with the scope than the others do without it. The feed system woks quite well. A 34 is a little more money, and lots of people saying good things about the Sig a little past that in price. The Sig gets those reviews at a higher power level than the others producing the same kinds of reports. If it was two pounds lighter, I would be hunting for one myself i think.

Last i looked, the new Crosman Benjamin magazine fed break barrel is $169 from a well known vendor if you don't mind heavy. The combos usually include a scope you are at least going to want to replace eventually.

Gas ram in .22 with 30 yard pesting power is a big group.

I want to wander over hill and dale at my age, chasing a grandson, so light and truck durable are biggies for me. I like inexpensive. Others look for different things.

I have a Trail and the 95, and both are plenty for this usage, but both are heavy. Heavy works just fine for yard work and target work.

Some are easier to cock than others in the same power level. Some do better as a behind the door pest gun than others. Some are almost works of art, to be protected in the safe.

A spring is a down grade fro a ram in my opinion. A dovetail alone is a downgrade. A bad trigger is a bad trigger.

Any of the nominal 800 fps with lead will easily do the job. The bottom end has a dovetail; and maybe a stop block. That is the bottom end on the scope rail.

A gas ram can be left cocked for days on a hunt. The new magazine fed guns offer a fast followup shot with a springer action. A gas ram can be used in all weather. It recoils straight without the rotational forces that a spring produces.

A bad trigger is a bad trigger. My Trail is set at ounces right now, since i am working on groups, but that is an aftermarket trigger that has its own limitations. Most triggers can be improved, but if you have to pay for such work, then buy one with a good trigger from the beginning.

If you want top accuracy, look in the 12 pound range. if the groundhog at thirty is a concern, then look at 15 to 18. If hunting is your primary goal, look at the 22 to 25 range. For a backyard gun, more power can be bad. A 15 foot pound .22 wadcutter will destroy a squirrels head at 20 to 30 yards. . .