New .22 Streamline!

Thanks to some great members of this forum and cosmic collision of right place right time right people I have very minty .22 Streamline (and first FX) and she is quite a shooter! 
Streamline.1629777242.jpg

However just like Superman who looks great it plain clothes and then jumps into a phone booth I ordered the Aeron CZ Hunter stock for it and when she leaves the safe confines of my home she will sport different optics and a super new look similar to below.

FX_Streamline_Aeron_Stock-1.1629777407.jpeg

Stay tuned more to follow once she gets all dressed out for field and competition work and thanks again to all those that made this possible!

Congrats this is one of best pcp's i had and foolish me sold it.It doesn't get better then this even for twice the price.I had to learn the hard way.

This was mine.Regards.

IMG_20191110_113437.1629786928.jpg
IMG_20191110_113216.1629786929.jpg
IMG_20191016_114540.1629786930.jpg

Wow looks great! I can't believe they discontinued it so quickly! I get it that FX is always innovating and moved on with the Dreamline but I really think they should have kept this model around for a while longer. What's the story on the adjustable check piece was that an option at the time?

Hi i also think Streamline should stay.That smooth twist solid barel is very accurate.My groups at 100y average were just under 1.5'' and doing that very consistently.Poi never changed.I only had to rezero it if i changed the scope.That power wheel adjustment is also great and saves air with lower settings.

Adjustable cheek piece was custom made by my friend gunsmith and that made this rifle even more awesome. 

Regards Marko

Hi i also think Streamline should stay.That smooth twist solid barel is very accurate.My groups at 100y average were just under 1.5'' and doing that very consistently.Poi never changed.I only had to rezero it if i changed the scope.That power wheel adjustment is also great and saves air with lower settings.

Adjustable cheek piece was custom made by my friend gunsmith and that made this rifle even more awesome. 

Regards Marko

Wow! those are great groups I hope I can do the same with mine. Your friend did an amazing on the stock that is a good friend to have!!

Congratualtions , they are a great classic rifle. I had two, sold the .25 as it was just kind of long. But doubt I ever sell my .22. Replaced one breech oring. Other than dipping it a year or so ago, never done a thing to it. Still shoots 16 grains at 900. From a 3300 psi fill I shoot five full mags and it still has usable air remaining . It is the rifle I use to indroduce new shooters , they fall in love. Can you still get them new?

20200111_125647_resized.1629817387.jpg

Congratualtions , they are a great classic rifle. I had two, sold the .25 as it was just kind of long. But doubt I ever sell my .22. Replaced one breech oring. Other than dipping it a year or so ago, never done a thing to it. Still shoots 16 grains at 900. From a 3300 psi fill I shoot five full mags and it still has usable air remaining . It is the rifle I use to indroduce new shooters , they fall in love. Can you still get them new?

20200111_125647_resized.1629817387.jpg

Love the camo or I would if I could see it it's so well hidden lol! got 2k round of 15.89 JSB and FX to try out should be a good round I hope. No you can't get them new anymore a real shame I just got VERY lucky to get mine. Despite the advances in the dreamline I think there is still place for this rifle.

The streamline was my first pcp, my dad has been shooting it the last year. It started my “addiction” I never believed an airgun could consistently hit a golf ball at 100 yards. It was usually the gun I used to introduce people to airguns. Mine loves jsb 18grn and shoots hades pretty good, the main thing I don’t like is the mags. I wish I could use the updated style mags. I honestly feel the solid smooth twist barrel is superior to the new barrels when using pellets. 

The streamline was my first pcp, my dad has been shooting it the last year. It started my “addiction” I never believed an airgun could consistently hit a golf ball at 100 yards. It was usually the gun I used to introduce people to airguns. Mine loves jsb 18grn and shoots hades pretty good, the main thing I don’t like is the mags. I wish I could use the updated style mags. I honestly feel the solid smooth twist barrel is superior to the new barrels when using pellets.

Totally agree about the mags NOT a fan (like my Kral's much better) so I ordered some CARM ones (https://www.carm-magazines.com/carm-magazines/fx-airguns-air-rifles-1.aspx) half the price, one more round, and no loading issues so that is an easy one to solve. I imagine it's easy for anyone to fall in love with the gun until they saw the price but it's screams quality and you get what you pay for. Despite the advances of the Dreamline I think they both would still sell not everyone wants a "lego" gun as I call the DL. My new CZ stock for it will be here Thursday I will update the post here with pics when I get it. 

Sweet gun Mark, hope your taking her out soon.

Thanks she needs her walking around clothes which will be here Thursday her formal wear is to nice for the field lol! Also trying to get syn stock as well. She did play her first round of golf today though with cp 14.3 better balls to play with are coming tomorrow :) 

SL Golf.1629865299.jpeg

Sweet gun Mark, hope your taking her out soon.

Thanks she needs her walking around clothes which will be here Thursday her formal wear is to nice for the field lol! Also trying to get syn stock as well. She did play her first round of golf today though with cp 14.3 better balls to play with are coming tomorrow :) 

SL Golf.1629865299.jpeg

My streamline groups 18grn jsb best on high and does decent with 16grn on high or medium. I tried several others and those two were the best by far. 

Love my SL .22 too. She shoots sub-MOA groups at 50m most of the time.

Regarding the FX magazine, I agree that it is not great. I actually never use it, and prefer to use the FX single shot tray, which is not great either.

Since CARM does not make a Single Shot Loader for the Streamline (the SSL they make for the Dreamline is AWESOME but is not compatible), I will likely buy one from Rowan Engineering (UK). I just discovered this brand, as I was looking for alternatives to the FX SST. The Rowant Engineering product looks perfect. Has anyone ever tested their SSL for the Streamline?

I believe this is essentially a cylinder version of the Royale 400, which I own. If so, it is a great rifle, which has a real, solid barrel, which, IMO, is far superior to the sleeve/liner design which now dominates the line. It is a rifle you just load and shoot. It might eventually need a light barrel cleaning, but these solid ST barrels seem almost impervious to any amount of shooting. The Boss/Royale/Streamline platform doesn't offer the marketing opportunities as the newer models and all their gadgetry, which, IMO is why this older platform has been discontinued and/or made in very limited numbers. Congratulations, and hang onto it! 

Interesting to see posts on this old thread again! Since I posted here I have:

1] Got the Rowan SST for the Streamline since they are they only one who make one and yes it works great like all Rowan stuff

2} Have gotten BOTH the BR and FT Aeron Stocks for the DL (In the BR stock) and the SL (in the FT Stock) totally transforms the gun and I recommend them for all owners of these guns. 

3] ALSO got a Royale 400 in Walnut and yes elh0102 is correct the SL and Royale 400 are essentially the same platform. I got mine used so it also come with a huma regulator and an LW along with an ST barrel. I recently upgraded the cocking lever with the same one as the SL which has been a very nice addition. The Royale is easier to work on and of course the removable bottles are a really nice feature. I have my huma reg at 135 and fully powwer is around 28 ft lbs and in the 120 to 130 shot range on the reg can't ask for more than that!

elh0102 is also correct the original single purpose guns like the Royale and SL don't get much recognition these days since there isn't since much to say about them except they are fantastic rifles and just work. I wish the SL was still available and I am thrilled to have one and now also have a Royale 500 as well these rifles while replaced with newer flashier models from FX I believe will stand the test of time as solid, dependable and supremely accurate air rifles,

Below are the pictures of my rifles mentioned

R400 New_Lever.1644163276.jpeg

Royale with the SL style leverl

SL_CZ_FT.1644163329.jpg

Streamline with in the Aeron FT stock with Rowan SST

FX_DL_CZ2.1644163374.jpeg

Dreamline in Aeron BR/Hunter stock also with an SST I got off ebay which is very nice.