• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX New .22 M3 Redesign help

My 1st reg is set at 120 and the second at 75 that’s the settings when I received it from the dealer. I haven’t changed it yet.
Are your shots accurate? What speeds are they accurate? I'm assuming you list the range of speeds based on what your macro wheel is set at.
If it's accurate and you're getting the speeds you want what is it you're looking to achieve?

Here you go, I'm shooting heavier Redesigns in .22, the 25 grain pellets out of a 600 mm barrel.
Second reg is 108, micro is right at 4, valve is turned in to 9.7 mm's.
I got there by wanting between 910-920 fps. Started at a lower reg and turned up the hammer tension as I chrono'd it. If the fps stopped increasing before I reached my target speed I upped the reg and started over. My goal with the hammer was to be about 10 fps above where I wanted to be. I then closed the valve a tiny bit at a time until my speed dropped a bit and my groups tightened.
I can tell you I was very happy with pellet groups without having to touch the valve which was originally on the 4th line. Once I tuned for slugs a tiny bit of additional closing of the valve made a big difference in tightening up the groups.
There are some very good video's on YT as well as posts on this site that explain it much better than I just did.

My 700mm M3 likes them at 970 FPS best. Very satisfied at 70 yards or less but they open up a bit at 100. Wind, velocity decay, or both?
Note that the 50 yard group shown is typical while the 100 yard is more like best ever & not consistently repeatable.
1702905349014.jpeg

1702905430154.jpeg

Last edited:
My 700mm M3 likes them at 970 FPS best. Very satisfied at 70 yards or less but they open up a bit at 100. Wind, velocity decay, or both?
Note that the 50 yard group shown is typical while the 100 yard is more like best ever & not consistently repeatable.
Which weight RD's are you using? I wonder if the longer barrel helps stabilize better at higher FPS. Do you feel you'd get a tighter group at a higher or lower FPS at 100 yards or just that pellets themselves tend to lose stability much beyond 70-80 yards? Looking at my profiles in Strelok my slug profile retains it's energy much better at distance, I assume they would but was surprised by the huge difference as the distance got longer.

Which weight RD's are you using? I wonder if the longer barrel helps stabilize better at higher FPS. Do you feel you'd get a tighter group at a higher or lower FPS at 100 yards or just that pellets themselves tend to lose stability much beyond 70-80 yards? Looking at my profiles in Strelok my slug profile retains it's energy much better at distance, I assume they would but was surprised by the huge difference as the distance got longer.
I only know of the 25.39 gr. JSB MRD in 22 cal. Also using the standard 1:24 twist STX. As for a different velocity for 100 yards, this is the best I’ve found and I’ve tried 870 to 1020. I’m guessing it’s a wind issue since I’ve had a few decent groups at 100. Interestingly StrelokPro shows a similar weight slug starting off 15 FPS faster to have a 70 FPS advantage at 100. Great pellet this MRD & my go to for close in work.

Reactions: dens228
I'm using the same barrel but in 600 mm. The 25.39 JSB's are 916 at the muzzle, 651 at 100 yards per the app,
The 22 grain Hybrids are 949 at the muzzle, 926 at 100 yards.

I'm very happy with the performance, figured the slugs would retain more energy at distance, but was surprised by how much.
I'm just interested in the speed you are using for your pellets. It appears it improves your shooting out to 100 yards.