• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New .22 Air Venturi Avenger...

A properly functioning PCP should lose no perceptible amount of air. Keep it charged with air as long as you are using it on a routine basis. If you plan to store it for months, it is not unreasonable to take it down to a little under the regulator’s setpoint. Say, if the regulator is set to 2000psi, you might shoot it down to 1800psi before putting it away. Or just keep it fully charged.

Emptying it completely is not helpful because seals can sometimes relax and may have difficulty sealing when you go to air it back up.

Not sure what posts about “all the leaks” you are talking about. To me it seems they have been pretty rock solid other than a little bit of reg creep. I have two avengers. One I have had for a year the other a cpl months. My 22 that I have had for a year has been great. The reg did creep a little at first but it is solid now. MOA at 50 yards with just about any pellet you put in it. My 25 shoots exactly the same. The reg has virtually no creep maybe a tad but it isn’t noticeable on POI. They have great triggers, Captain o ring sells rebuild kits with detailed instructions on where each oring goes. They aren’t hard to work on either. Best bang for the buck in my opinion going right now. 

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Mine has never leaked.

AV has introduced a new Delrin poppet for the Avenger. If you ever have a problem with the valve leaking because of the old rubber coated metal poppet just ask AV for the new style or have someone make one for you on the lathe.

Use a small diameter piece of tubing about 3 or 4 feet long as a stethoscope to find a leak. Put one end to your ear and the other wherever you think the air is coming from. You won't here it until you're right over the leak. Open the bolt and put the tube in the transfer port to listen to the valve. I wouldn't use soapy water or aerosol leak detector because it could rust the poppet stem.

It’s pretty hard to assess your odds of getting a leaker. The budget models like this get cranked out in big numbers because they are affordable to a broad swath of the population, and not a lot of owners go out of their way to post “Mine doesn’t leak” so we are left with an impression that it’s a big problem. And indeed the raw number of leakers may be high but so is the total number in circulation. Regardless, it didn’t stop me from thinking I would probably get a leaker so I was pleasantly surprised when it was fine.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I "had" a new Avenger some months ago, it leaked a few pounds of pressure daily,, it went back for a refund and I chose another manufacturer for a similar rifle, hope your new Avenger is better.
I bought the original version of the Avenger. It was good for a while, at least till after several months post warranty. It has had issues since even after sending back 3 times for repair $$. I did buy the Avenger Bullpup about a year ago and it has been solid so far.

Go to youtube for the order link... avenger o-ring delete and buy that little piece of urethane hose for the pellet probe. Don't buy the "bumper".

Toss the original magazines in the trash (they damage pellets) and order an AE Swede high capacity mag milled from Delrin right here in the USA. By far the best on the market.

Agreed. The A.E. Swede magazines are awesome. I have one for my .25 Avenger and one for my .22 Gauntlet 2. I had to buy the Swede magazine for the G2 bc the original G2 magazines (in .22) are absolutely horrible.

I had a leak initially, my 25 caliber lost several hundred psi per day. I sent it back and AV fixed it. It's been fine since.

25 caliber Avenger magazines are unique but I have no issue with them. I have several and have detected no pellet damage from them. My avenger shoots nice small groups with the FX 25.4s it likes. If I wanted a different magazine I would probably get some from Carm. I have them for other guns and they work great. For 22 and possibly 177 caliber Avengers you can use Marauder magazines, I think.

The leaks you are talking about are likely regulator creep. It seems to be about 50/50 if your reg will creep. My Avenger holds air for weeks with no drop in pressure, but the reg does creep up between shots pretty fast. I think I can fix it myself, and tinkering is part of the game. They are great pcps for the money, mine is laser accurate so far. One thing to keep in mind is all pcps will need maintenance at some point, even the big dollar models.

I had a leak initially, my 25 caliber lost several hundred psi per day. I sent it back and AV fixed it. It's been fine since.

25 caliber Avenger magazines are unique but I have no issue with them. I have several and have detected no pellet damage from them. My avenger shoots nice small groups with the FX 25.4s it likes. If I wanted a different magazine I would probably get some from Carm. I have them for other guns and they work great. For 22 and possibly 177 caliber Avengers you can use Marauder magazines, I think.
AE Swede makes the best magazines by far. CNC machined from delrin right here in the USA $29.99
3678844B-2CA2-48A5-8C55-22AC0BDDC3AB_1024x1024@2x[1].jpg