Other New 2024 mid-range air rifles with a lovely wood stock?

I'm looking to sell some gear and pick up a rifle that is more special to me. And that means wood. 30 caliber ideally, 25 would be OK if its ultra high power tunable and can run slugs.

The AvengeX probably comes to mind, but I do not really like it's stock, and that's still underpowered even in .25 for what I'm seeking.

I think the FX Crown in Walnut is the best looking air rifle I've seen. Benjamin Cayden, Hatsan Neutron Star and the like are also pretty classy. And of course the Seneca Eagle Claw and Recluse are beautiful but not regulated. I'm not looking for a hunting rifle so much as a high power hole puncher with refinement.

Thing is I don't have FX Crown money and I would like it to be regulated unlike the Benji & Hatsan.

You guys probably know some sweet, modern, tunable high power 25/30 rifles with a nice wood stock that I'm forgetting about. Show me the way!

If I have to sell some crypto or metals and pick up a FX Crown so be it, but I would love to see what's out there and why you would recommend it. I might even think about a 22 if it's very tunable and can shoot regular pellets and heavy slugs with an easy adjustment. Gotta be pretty wood though

The FX King looks pretty nice feature wise even though I prefer the Crown in terms of looks

Last edited:
Maybe the AAA Paradigm?

Wow $3,100 - $3,400

With an 80 Fpe max in 30 cal?

It looks nice. Great brand. Tough sell on that one though. For that price I would want it capable of 80 grain slugs @ 160 fpe on the high end. Not that I would pay over 3 grand for any gun unless it was from the future like a Star Trek phaser gun.

Wow $3,100 - $3,400

With an 80 Fpe max in 30 cal?

It looks nice. Great brand. Tough sell on that one though. For that price I would want it capable of 80 grain slugs @ 160 fpe on the high end. Not that I would pay over 3 grand for any gun unless it was from the future like a Star Trek phaser gun.
I figured I would just toss that out there!

Yeah, they're ridiculously expensive and look a bit odd. Dunno what it is that just doesn't do it for me. Supposedly amazing guns, I'll never know lol.

Crown or a Royale would be nice. For the amount of power and tuning ability you seek, with good wood, you're almost asking to buy a unicorn for the price you're willing to spend.

Hate to say it, but we all know what's available and what it costs. We're all airgun junkies!

I'm looking to sell some gear and pick up a rifle that is more special to me. And that means wood. 30 caliber ideally, 25 would be OK if its ultra high power tunable and can run slugs.

The AvengeX probably comes to mind, but I do not really like it's stock, and that's still underpowered even in .25 for what I'm seeking.

I think the FX Crown in Walnut is the best looking air rifle I've seen. Benjamin Cayden, Hatsan Neutron Star and the like are also pretty classy. And of course the Seneca Eagle Claw and Recluse are beautiful but not regulated. I'm not looking for a hunting rifle so much as a high power hole puncher with refinement.

Thing is I don't have FX Crown money and I would like it to be regulated unlike the Benji & Hatsan.

You guys probably know some sweet, modern, tunable high power 25/30 rifles with a nice wood stock that I'm forgetting about. Show me the way!

If I have to sell some crypto or metals and pick up a FX Crown so be it, but I would love to see what's out there and why you would recommend it. I might even think about a 22 if it's very tunable and can shoot regular pellets and heavy slugs with an easy adjustment. Gotta be pretty wood though

The FX King looks pretty nice feature wise even though I prefer the Crown in terms of looks
Save up and bide your time. The mk2 crown would be a good choice for .25 slugs. For that, I would personally get a 500mm barrel, but you may want a 600. I prefer 25-50 yards, so .22 pellets are my main go-to. 380mm mk1 crown is perfectly suited to that.

I am biased, of course, but I've had my Crown for 5 or 6yrs now, and it's going to have to be pried from my cold, dead hands if I'm ever to part with it.

Few words of advice when you get it. Lube the area forward of the threads on the bottle adapter if you ever plan to remove the air bottle under pressure. This is the area the bottle valve oring seals to, under high pressure, if it gets dry and you keep taking the bottle off, the oring will get damaged and start leaking. I'd also recommend using blue loc tite on the threads of the bottle adapter that go into the receiver.

Debur and polish the ends of the hammer spring if it isnt done already.

Oh and bond the barrel liner to one of the carbon reinforcing tubes. Very cheap, and makes tuning a lot easier.

Other than that, they seem to be pretty problem free.

Also I have a neutron star. I've done a lot of corrective work and mods to it. In proper class and refined character, the hatsan is not even 1/5th the gun.

20220103_114558_edited.jpg
PSX_20201116_131452.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck, you have set a high bar for your next rifle! My experience with a .30 caliber is they are air hogs and the pellets and slugs are more expensive than CCI Standard .22 rounds!

.30 pellets only have 150 pellets per tin. There are only two pellet sizes. Slugs are twice as expensive. One tin and my 30 minute air tank is drained to below 250 bar.

For .25 the pellet count also start at 150 per tin, some go to 350 A lot more rifle options in .25 but still only about four pellet sizes. Lots of slug choices but the cost per slug is very high.

Call me crazy but .22 really shines. Oodles of pellet and slug sizes. Most come in 500 per tin. Much easier on an air tank. Tons of rifle choices.

I suggest watching some youtube videos, I could be totally wrong. I have not been paying attention to PCP's these days, springers have my heart and trigger finger. A .22 springer is a much better rabbit hole IMHO.

YMMV

Good luck, you have set a high bar for your next rifle! My experience with a .30 caliber is they are air hogs and the pellets and slugs are more expensive than CCI Standard .22 rounds!

.30 pellets only have 150 pellets per tin. There are only two pellet sizes. Slugs are twice as expensive. One tin and my 30 minute air tank is drained to below 250 bar.

For .25 the pellet count also start at 150 per tin, some go to 350 A lot more rifle options in .25 but still only about four pellet sizes. Lots of slug choices but the cost per slug is very high.

Call me crazy but .22 really shines. Oodles of pellet and slug sizes. Most come in 500 per tin. Much easier on an air tank. Tons of rifle choices.

I suggest watching some youtube videos, I could be totally wrong. I have not been paying attention to PCP's these days, springers have my heart and trigger finger. A .22 springer is a much better rabbit hole IMHO.

YMMV

Haha yeah I know I have some 30 cals already. The good part about that is I'm stocked up on all kinds of ammo in .30 already.

For some reason I get bored shooting airguns that don't have a lot of oomph. I usually shoot reactive metal targets for fun so it's nice to see and hear a solid whack. Although I have been thinking of picking up a .177 or .22 in something like an Air Venturi Avenger for some real low key, low cost shooting off the deck.

Buy once cry one. Pick the one you have your heart set on and make it happen.

Sounds like you want more than one gun 🤣 there's tons of great guns in the classifieds and on AOA. Can't go wrong with anything brocock or daystate or bsa or air arms for that matter. For .177 or .22... For something that packs a wallop, I'd be looking at an airforce talon or something along those lines. Though that would mostly be a bench gun, I'm not a fan of bench guns myself. Still would be a cool gun to tinker with and shoot.

Problem is airguns really shine in the 177, 20, 22 calibers. I want ones that balance well off hand, are not over weight or overly long. Don't suck down a ton of air. I also have little or no use for excessive power or larger calibers. Though, I do have a couple.

You'd really do best to consider as many of these factors and what YOUR preferences or needs are. And in addition what pros and cons these things yield. Alongside what actual user experiences are of the guns in particular. My personal experience of my hatsan is deplorable. While my crown has been nothing but amazing.

Appreciate the feedback. I do really like the wood stock on the original Avenger. Might look for one of those and save some money. I have a couple 30 cal slug slingers already.

It would be fun to have something that I can shoot smaller, closer targets with... pennies and bottle caps etc...

I saw the FX Dreamline with a wood stock that looked pretty nice too but I don't know if it's worth the extra $ for my "mid-range" tastes.

" sell some crypto or metals and pick up a FX Crown so be it, " Think you already said it . so i am giving a nudge in that direction .
Stan in KY .

Yeah but if I do that I might as well pick up the King Kong for a few hundred more ;)

Decisions, decisions. First I gotta put a few guns up for sale here.

Reactions: beerthief
If I were interested in a .30, I'd look for an FX Boss, or RAW. Both are simple, sturdy platforms. And I'd stay away from any liner/sleeve system, such as the Crown, but that's my personal prejudice. If electronics is your thing, the Daystate Red Wolf is nice. I have a Red Wolf in .22, and it has been perfect. Although I have a general aversion to electronic rifles, I have to admit that I like the Red Wolf a lot.

Reactions: silvershooter589
Yeah but if I do that I might as well pick up the King Kong for a few hundred more ;)

Decisions, decisions. First I gotta put a few guns up for sale here.
you are probably close to the $$ of a Huntsman at this point . i have bought /sold and bought again till i figured i could have bought what i wanted and been shooting it for the last 3 years . like i said IF you can swing it without much trouble just do it .

Reactions: silvershooter589

What about a huben k1 woth the wooden stock? One or 2 people are selling theirs with the synthetic stock for under $1400 and the stock goes for about $300. In .25 you could get the gun to shoot 100fpe for about a mag maybe a few more shots from a 350b fill.

What about a huben k1 woth the wooden stock? One or 2 people are selling theirs with the synthetic stock for under $1400 and the stock goes for about $300. In .25 you could get the gun to shoot 100fpe for about a mag maybe a few more shots from a 350b fill.

I'm sure it's very nice but I prefer bolt or lever action on a long gun

Reactions: JaceSpace1369