• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New 2021 Athlon Optics product announcements

Uhh, you guys really need to check out the new Helos Gen 2 scopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL of them!

It's crazy the scope offerings they put out! And with new reticles! Especially for someone like me that wants a thicker mil reticle in a compact FFP hunting scope like the new 2-12x42!!!!! I'm truly impressed!

I also like the Helos BTR Gen2 4-20x50 with the new APRS6 mil reticle AND 10 YARD FOCUS!!! Not too long or heavy either. 

A new Helos 1-10x24 as well.

Things are looking up for Athlon!!!

To say they have knocked out it of the park is an understatement!

My current favorite scope that I own and use is:

Athlon Helos GEN1 6-24x50, 30mm tube, APLR2 MOA, 10yd focus

I see the new one that I would consider:

Athlon Helos GEN2 6-24x56, 34mm tube, APLR6 MOA 10yd focus

Bigger, heavier, more adjustment. I actually would have preferred if they had gone with the APLR5 MOA reticle, or even stuck with the APLR2 MOA.

Uhh, you guys really need to check out the new Helos Gen 2 scopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL of them!

It's crazy the scope offerings they put out! And with new reticles! Especially for someone like me that wants a thicker mil reticle in a compact FFP hunting scope like the new 2-12x42!!!!! I'm truly impressed!

I also like the Helos BTR Gen2 4-20x50 with the new APRS6 mil reticle AND 10 YARD FOCUS!!! Not too long or heavy either. 

A new Helos 1-10x24 as well.

Things are looking up for Athlon!!!

To say they have knocked out it of the park is an understatement!

My current favorite scope that I own and use is:

Athlon Helos GEN1 6-24x50, 30mm tube, APLR2 MOA, 10yd focus

I see the new one that I would consider:

Athlon Helos GEN2 6-24x56, 34mm tube, APLR6 MOA 10yd focus

Bigger, heavier, more adjustment. I actually would have preferred if they had gone with the APLR5 MOA reticle, or even stuck with the APLR2 MOA.

I think I'll sell my G1 Argos BTR 6-24x50 and Talos 4-14x44 to get the Helos Gen 2 6-24x56, 34mm tube in APRS2! Fun fun!

I sold 5 personal scopes in the last year for various reasons but mostly because I didn't like the reticles, the APRS6 addresses the reticle issues, and now I can have 10y focus with reticles I want at a reasonable price, YAY!!! 

Looking to add a new scope. Currently have in service the Sidewinder 6x24x56 FFP, and a Midas Tac 6x24x50.

Main use will be hunter field target, and a little pesting on sticks.

I like the Sidewinder but it doesn't range well enough. The Midas Tac is decent. ranges better than the Sidewinder, but I dont like the reticle.

I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference between the scopes in the Athlon family. They all seem very similar spec wise.

The Helos Gen2 6x24x56 looks appealing to me. Would this fit my purposes? Any other suggestions?

Looking to add a new scope. Currently have in service the Sidewinder 6x24x56 FFP, and a Midas Tac 6x24x50.

Main use will be hunter field target, and a little pesting on sticks.

I like the Sidewinder but it doesn't range well enough. The Midas Tac is decent. ranges better than the Sidewinder, but I dont like the reticle.

I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference between the scopes in the Athlon family. They all seem very similar spec wise.

The Helos Gen2 6x24x56 looks appealing to me. Would this fit my purposes? Any other suggestions?

It isn't available yet so we can only guess. The scopes with the narrowest depth of field, coupled with the largest side focus knob rotation, and least adversely affected in the sun, will range the best but who knows what scopes have these??? 

Narrowest depth of field — that probably would be those scopes with the highest magnifications and with the largest objective diameters....

Largest side focus travel between 10y and 55y — that would be an easy piece of information to solicit from the many FT shooters and scope users... — a couple of posts requesting this information in the appropriate forums, and one guy collecting it all in a table..... — done! 😊 

Least adversely affected by the sun — that's hard to quantify...! 🤔

Matthias

Narrowest depth of field — that probably would be those scopes with the highest magnifications and with the largest objective diameters....

Largest side focus travel between 10y and 55y — that would be an easy piece of information to solicit from the many FT shooters and scope users... — a couple of posts requesting this information in the appropriate forums, and one guy collecting it all in a table..... — done! 😊 

Least adversely affected by the sun — that's hard to quantify...! 🤔

Matthias

Maybe like those Sightron 10-50 that only focus up to 80Y IIRC??? But for Hunter they can only use 16x or below. Seems most scopes range well to 40Y but get hard to range distances from 40Y to 55Y. I've used scopes on 16x that if a target was at say 50Y, 55Y was still in focus, so was 45Y. 

That's why I stopped shooting in Hunter division, I hated not getting the distance right then missing. 

Steve,

I hear you!!

With laser range finder being a common affordable piece of equipment, it seems like there could be a new discipline of FT

(1) Get to your firing point. Clock starts running!

(2) Find the target.

(3) Range the distance with any tool and method you choose.

(4) Get into the shooting position and shoot.

I'd like to start something like that here in Peru — if I find enough airgun nuts that is.... 😄

Matthias