New 10M Pistol results show.....

I suck!!

20210715_134015.1626371006.jpg

Hello just looked at your target for the distance the group is not bad its actually pretty good . I noticed that you are favoring the left when you shoot, be conscious of your trigger placement in that when you pull the trigger you are actually pulling it and not pushing the gun( you may need to add a little more finger to the trigger). Second make an effort not to look(focus) at the target while while pulling the trigger really focus on the front sight( you might be opening both eyes to observer your impact and picking up the sight at the last minute with your left eye) **all this was said presuming you are a right handed shooter** . Please, Please Don't take anything I said the wrong way I am not trying to be a d**k I just seen you were committing on your shooting and I thought this may help. Eric

Hello just looked at your target for the distance the group is not bad its actually pretty good . I noticed that you are favoring the left when you shoot, be conscious of your trigger placement in that when you pull the trigger you are actually pulling it and not pushing the gun( you may need to add a little more finger to the trigger). Second make an effort not to look(focus) at the target while while pulling the trigger really focus on the front sight( you might be opening both eyes to observer your impact and picking up the sight at the last minute with your left eye) **all this was said presuming you are a right handed shooter** . Please, Please Don't take anything I said the wrong way I am not trying to be a d**k I just seen you were committing on your shooting and I thought this may help. Eric

Thanks for the advice.

I think one of my biggest problems is that I need an updated pair of glasses. The target is totally blurry!!

Will

Thanks for the advice.

I think one of my biggest problems is that I need an updated pair of glasses. The target is totally blurry!!

Will

Funny, I just went in to have my glasses updated, last Wednesday. My view of the dots is a bit...fuzzy, not "totally blurry", but still not as clear and crisp as it should be. Should have them in about 8 more days.

Mike

uhfradarwill- “I think one of my biggest problems is that I need an updated pair of glasses. The target is totally blurry!!“

A partially blurry target can be a good thing, for target shooting, if your primary plane of focus is on your sights- front and back. The oculars for Champion shooting glasses are designed to do just that-

http://www.precision-sports.com/champion.htm

I tried the Champion glasses and never could get used to them- they feel funny while on your face, due to the blocky design. I usually just wear a pair of eyeglasses that is two prescriptions back, which accomplishes the same thing.

Dude...those are pretty good groups shooting offhand at a rifle target at 18 yards...!!!!

You understand that a 10-meter pistol target is MUCH bigger, right? (Black part of a rifle target = 30.5 mm diameter with a dot for a 10-ring; pistol target = 107.5 mm with 11.5 mm 10-ring.)

As esingle noted, target shooters consider focusing on the front sight the most important; it's normal to leave the target "fuzzy." The traditional sight picture is a "6 o'clock hold," with the top of the front sight blade below the black part of the target; most shooters even prefer to see a bit of white between the blade and the black. In other words...the pellet hits well above the point of aim - quite different than how target rifles are set up.

Anyone trying to shoot a pistol with prescription eye glasses is a challenge in itself!!! I shot reasonably well before my vision began to fail....well not fail..just me getting old ! Once I moved into glasses the pistol shooting got worse. My eyes cant decide whether to focus on the front sight or the target, makes shooting open sights a real pita. My Izy 46. Is the only thing I have that doesnt have a scope anymore, due to eyes getting old. Sighting is not terrible at 10 meters but not as good as it used to be, at your 18 yd distance it must be terrible. Try moving back to the distance these pistols are designed for, you should see your groups shrink. For 18 yd shots move to something with a scope like I had to do. Kinda sucks getting old when the eyesight begins to get worse !!