New 10-Meter Air Pistol Target

Hello everyone,

For all those folks like me who shoot a lot of 10-Meter Pistol paper targets I am attaching a pdf file for a new design that I just completed. Each of the four Targets are based on the NRA 10-Meter Pistol Target ( .177 cal ) that has a single main target. I used the same dimensions of the NRA for each ring from the “X” to the 10-Ring out to the 6-Ring. If you shoot enough paper then your grouping should be well within the 6-Ring and with this new target you get to shoot Four (4) Targets on one paper, saving you a bit of expense and a great way to compare four different shot groups.

As with all of my targets I have included a “Scale” located at the lower left. You can use this scale to ensure that your print outs are accurate by using a ruler to measure the Scale on your printed copy.

ThomasT

View attachment 10-meter air pistol target x-4.1.pdf

Hello @Gramps

Yes sir.

Fall arrived here last night and I had 69f this morning in place of the 85's and been shooting 10-Meter paper up until a few minutes ago. Shot a few of the new targets also.

ThomasT
It has cooled off here too but I'm stuck on the couch recovering from an operation Thursday so go out and shoot up some paper for me while you're at it. I'm hoping to be able to get back to shooting next week but we'll see how it goes.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thank you very much, ThomasT!
Your targets are also perfect for precision shooting with scopes, for us with limited ranges.
I still think you're awesome even if you won't ship outside the lower 48! ;)
Thanks, again!
Hello @Lil E

Thank you for the kind words.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

I started with a plan ! Going to shoot my PCP's all of them (4) BUT! (there is that word again )
ThomasT sent me a target so out came the FWB 600 .177 , that was the end of plan #1
Really i am fairly sure i could just sell all my other guns and be perfectly happy shooting just this one all day every day .
Shot @ 16 meters
IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

Last edited: 5 minutes ago

ReportEditDelete

Upvote0

I started with a plan ! Going to shoot my PCP's all of them (4) BUT! (there is that word again )
ThomasT sent me a target so out came the FWB 600 .177 , that was the end of plan #1
Really i am fairly sure i could just sell all my other guns and be perfectly happy shooting just this one all day every day .
Shot @ 16 meters
IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

Last edited: 5 minutes ago

ReportEditDelete

Upvote0
Good morning @beerthief

That is a beautifully shot target. It is hard for me to tell from your photo but it looks like you you scored a 10 on all 36 targets and your score can be adjusted. If your pellet/hit touches or tears a ring you do receive the higher score. If you have a .177 Scoring Plug you might take another look. Either way, great card (y) :D

ThomasT

Good morning @beerthief

That is a beautifully shot target. It is hard for me to tell from your photo but it looks like you you scored a 10 on all 36 targets and your score can be adjusted. If your pellet/hit touches or tears a ring you do receive the higher score. If you have a .177 Scoring Plug you might take another look. Either way, great card (y) :D

ThomasT
Thankyou , i use a scoring plug but do not always agree with it . If i can see the line is not broken i do not count it as a hit , i guess i should ?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thankyou , i use a scoring plug but do not always agree with it . If i can see the line is not broken i do not count it as a hit , i guess i should ?
Hello again @beerthief

Sometimes it is really hard to tell if your "hit" touches a Ring, but if it does then it counts.

ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief
Tom... you should consolidate all your targets in to one easy to find thread.. 🤔

With a picture showing each and its link.
Hello @Hateful McNasty

Well let me consider that, just listing the pdf files would not take to long, but creating a jpg or png file to show a photo would take a lot longer. I will see about getting started ....... not sure ...... I have created a LOT of targets here for the Forum .... soooooo :rolleyes:

ThomasT

Hello @Hateful McNasty

Well let me consider that, just listing the pdf files would not take to long, but creating a jpg or png file to show a photo would take a lot longer. I will see about getting started ....... not sure ...... I have created a LOT of targets here for the Forum .... soooooo :rolleyes:

ThomasT
Just shap a phone picture edit the size down save and attach the file

This easy ( your target edited to my usage and edited size to 413.kb for easy page loading)
tomstarget2.0.png

Just shap a phone picture edit the size down save and attach the file

This easy ( your target edited to my usage and edited size to 413.kb for easy page loading)
View attachment 389789
Hey again @Hateful McNasty

I don't have one of those "smart phones", I'm still using a blanket and some smoke :p:D:ROFLMAO: ..... OK not really, I do have an old flip phone ;), but I cannot use it for pictures.

Let me work on this for a while.

ThomasT

For just about every target shooting discipline, at least the ones that I've been active in, the rule for scoring says that your shot has to be "tangent to" the scoring ring. That means touching. It does not have to break the scoring ring, nor does it even have to visibly penetrate into the ring at all, it means that the outer edge of the scoring ring, and the outer edge of the hole in the target need to just touch.

As an aside, I've found that there are two distinctly different philosophies that scorers often have. One is that they feel it is their job to split every hair and hold back as many points as possible when scoring a target. They'll tell you that the shooter can protest if they disagree. Then there are those that do the "tie goes to the runner" thing, and they'll tell you that if they have to study the target for more than a few seconds looking for that sliver of space between the hole and the ring, then they're giving you that point. I find that the better shooters often fall into that latter category. For me, if I can't definitively say that a shot is out, then you get the point, and we move on.

And finally, I agree that your target looks like all 10s and Xs to me. Great shooting!