Never seen this AA Pistol, anyone shot one?

AA pistol. Saw this on my ebay feed, too bad Im maxed for air budget this month. Might just swipe a card though. Depends on others opinions, but id bet AA made a great pistol. Thoughts before I spend?

From the perspective of the most hopeless air pistol addict on Earth, who was also a voracious collector for some decades, I've always lusted after a PP1 despite not being exactly an Air Arms PCP enthusiast. That particular PP1 looks like an excellent example of a nice collectable air pistol; but in the end it might or might not perform to its ultimate price-tag. To paraphrase, it's a roll of the dice on no small bet.

All that stated, was I more financially solvent, I might roll those dice myself.

Another way to look at it is, depending on how closely the final price approaches $1000, that's an Ataman AP16! (Or close)

AP sub inch avg.jpg

From the perspective of the most hopeless air pistol addict on Earth, who was also a voracious collector for some decades, I've always lusted after a PP1 despite not being exactly an Air Arms PCP enthusiast. That particular PP1 looks like an excellent example of a nice collectable air pistol; but in the end it might or might not perform to its ultimate price-tag. To paraphrase, it's a roll of the dice on no small bet.

All that stated, was I more financially solvent, I might roll those dice myself.

Another way to look at it is, depending on how closely the final price approaches $1000, that's an Ataman AP16! (Or close)

View attachment 280532
I'VE owned them in the 70's very good pistol ,now a collector item. FYI there's 1 forsale on AAC air arms pp1

Reactions: SqrlHntr

View attachment 280532
@AirNGasman Damn Ron! From 50 yards?That’s a nice target!! Is that offhand shooting? Nice looking pistol too. I’ve drooled over a few Atamans myself. Some of the newer models look almost Desert Eagle big in photos.

@SqrlHntr Are you a competition pistol shooter as well? I’m not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion on the pistol in the link.

No E, those AP16 groups were not shot offhand. I'm a good pistol shot; not Superman!

I do a LOT of testing to ascertain my guns' accuracy potentials. In attempting to approach absolute accuracy potentials as closely as possible, I try to minimize the variables preventing that. That photo is a good example.

The photo shows the 4-12X RIFLE scope mounted on the AP, allowing me to draw a VERY fine bead at 50 yards. What the photo doesn't show is the shooting bench and sand-bags enabling a relatively steady hold... while my body tremors are being magnified by a factor of 12!🥵 The photo also doesn't show the psychological damage done to the weak-minded shooter attempting to shoot photogenic groups with an air pistol at FIFTY YARDS. Here's a photo of that- 😵‍💫

By the way, having well established the AP is accurate almost beyond belief, I've now removed the 4-12X rifle scope on the AP in favor of a 2-7X pistol scope more practical for hunting. If I miss with that rig, IT WAS ME! Here's how she looks set up for hunting-

AP w 2-7X.jpg

Having owned a .50 Desert Eagle in the past, I can state the AP16 Standard is probably as long, but much lighter and less gargantuan otherwise. Also does't kick QUITE as hard.🤣