• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Never say "go ahead"

Well I have had my thoughts focused on a new air gun for Christmas. I already have a Hatsan AT 44 that is lights out near perfect and a Benny wildfire that has such an awful trigger pull, but is just too fun to rip out 12 shots at targets. I have a Beeman p17 pistol scoped but want an easier shooting (the Beeman shots great but cocking the dang thing is a workout) pistol. I have been researching for a month now and narrowed it down to 2. The Diana Bandit (unavailable right now in the US for some odd reason) and the Crosman 1701. Well I asked the wife what she thought and she said "go ahead and order one and stop bugging me" Well that's all it took and 3 minutes later I was putting in my CC info on the Crosman site. Yup I "pulled the trigger" on a 1701. Just over $300 with tax (ships free as I'm just 2 hours west of them). I have read a ton of info on here (I'm not a tuner or a tinker) and just want to thank ALL you wonderful people that have offered up so much free advice on tunes and setups and what not. I have my Beeman p17 set up to hit the chicken silo at 10 yards pretty consistent (scoped) when I do my part and look forward to punching single holes in my targets once this arrives! Well now to search out a good rear site, oh and maybe some new grips and who knows maybe order some TPs for my birthday? It is a very slippery slope.

@stefanjan Congrats on a great choice. You will have a ton of fun. Need a little more ump. Drop in a .067 tp for 1720. Scope that baby and wala. Make a sweet lite carbine.
20170311_123957.1607808201.jpg

WOW! So today she asked if I thought this was a gun she could shoot! I said Yes it would be real easy for her to handle and operate. She said good- you can teach me to use it this spring! Hmmm maybe she will fall in love with the sport and I can sneak in another gun or two? My daughter and granddaughter already enjoy shooting with me (my daughter is an amazing shot, but doesn't like my rifles, my granddaughter LOVES shooting in my homemade field target range and has developed a pretty good understanding of shooting sports- she shoots the Hatsan from a bench and does pretty dang good). I already let her know I was going to need a few small tuning parts for it. I do some woodworking so I may have a go at some home made grips (I have some red oak that is screaming to be pistol grips). Heck my wife even said I will probably want to test fire the gun once it arrives just to be sure everything is working like it should. Perhaps I see a 1720 in my future!

So Ordered Sunday- arrived today (Tuesday). No pics until the weekend (sorry but way to much involved getting the pix from the phone to the laptop and after a 9 hour work day the brain is mush). The included test shot group (5 shots) was a single hole just over 1/8". Aired up to 2900 psi and fired a few shots. Gun leaked down to 2600 psi but then stopped. The gun was ice cold when I aired up so I'm guessing just cold seals or a slightly stuck valve. 2 hours later and still holding at 2600 psi. I am amazed at how comfortable the gun feels in the hand. No sharp edges or rough finish anywhere. Excellent packaging and instructions. I have been very skeptical about some of Crosman offerings (like my Benjmin wildfire) but this pistols has me completely sold on the higher end offerings! My total cost shipped to my door including tax $305.92

20201220_091428.1608769695.jpg
20201220_091419.1608769697.jpg

Not the final scope for this, just something I had kicking around. Put 15 shots in a 3/4" group free hand over the weekend. I wish my ability was as good as this guns ability. I did get 3 shots in the same hole (and I knew they were great shots). My bench is folded up and stored away behind the porch decorations (uggh) so until I find a couple hours to dig it out I'm freehanding it.