• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Never ordered pellets from Midwayusa..

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
Never will again either. Ordered some tins of pellets and they were placed in a thinly padded packing envelope with internal packing at all. I'm sure you all can just imagine what the post office did to them in transit. One tin is so beat up there's no way to remove the lid without cutting it open. Just an fyi. I love midway as I've been using them for many years but never for airgun ammo.

Never will again either. Ordered some tins of pellets and they were placed in a thinly padded packing envelope with internal packing at all. I'm sure you all can just imagine what the post office did to them in transit. One tin is so beat up there's no way to remove the lid without cutting it open. Just an fyi. I love midway as I've been using them for many years but never for airgun ammo.
I've been down that road with them too. I will buy from Walmart before buying from Midway.

I’ve had mixed results with them, but I agree. I ordered 7 tin of Crosman 22 and they showed up fine. Smaller orders arrive like yours. Because of their shipping charge I try and hold out for a larger order. I just ordered 6 tins of Norma 22, it will be interesting to see what happens. They sent a replacement tin to me in the past.

Reactions: MACTEN
I just got a midway shipment with a folded shooting mat and a couple widgets and three boxes of SK rimfire ammo. Box was about 3 feet by 2 feet by 6” thick.

Yep, those boxes of ammo were sliding all around in that huge box. By great fortune they weren’t busted open. I’ve had both pellets and rimfire ammo show up broken open and missing pieces.

They really do prioritize speed of shipping. They don’t even consider whether it gets to you.

David

Midway and amazon hire baboons to do packing for shipping, neither company will train or provide proper packaging for pellets
Forget them with a gggrrrrr, dent my pellets will ya,,, no more money to you , vote with my wallet
most of my pellet budget goes here

Last edited:
I had the same experience only the tins I received weee actually mangled. They would not replace them. They wanted me to count the individually damaged pellets and report that to them and they would send out an exact number of pellets to replace. I bought 10 tins. Imagine how long that would’ve taken. Last order of anything from Midway for me.

• Wow
Yeah, I have not been successful in getting an undamaged tin of pellets from them. They sent me three tins that all got damaged (loose in a large lightly padded envelope). After some runaround they decided to send me one new tin to make up for the damaged pellets (since not all the pellets in the pic had bent skirts in the photo 🙄). Nitwits send a replacement the exact same way, and the one they sent arrived even in worse shape than the other ones. At that point, I guess whoever it was who was helping me became tired of dealing with the problem because they didn’t answer my follow ups after the damaged replacement arrived. Got some form letter from the owner apologizing when I submitted a complaint, but they never bother to resolve it and so that was my last purchase from them.

Come on it’s NITRO EXPRESS SHIPPING! Haha

My pellets and yours on its way

IMG_1808.gif

Last edited:
I normally order from other vendors but was in there for something else and decided to try some of the Apolo slugs.. Pretty cheap for slugs but I have no idea if they will be any good. These appear to have skirts almost and they all seem damaged to me. Like a cup base with a tiny skirt.
Damn man. I had some in my cart and eneded up dumping them before finalizing the order.

I have ordered pellets from Midway and I agree they do not pack well. Amazon does not either but I occasionally order a tin from them when I only want one and their price is best. Their practice of including shipping can make them cheaper. They ship in envelopes and the tin is usually dented. I tested some H&N Baracuda Match pellets from Amazon versus some from Pyramid Air. The Amazon tins were dented but the pellets looked OK. I was shooting 30 yard challenge targets. The Amazon pellets shot just as good. I also sent back a 22 caliber JSB sample pack at least 3 times because the pellets were terribly deformed. The plastic "tin" looked OK but when I opened it the pellets were really bad. Amazon and Midway are only worthwhile to chance if they offer a really good deal.