• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Never Had One But Want One

RWS Diana 34 or HW80 in .22 meets your requirements.

Spring gun recoil? harsh? painful? can it be even measured?

This is recoil.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yj4IL0Q754

I'm with ya on 'recoil'!

It's funny. When i first got into airguns i read all this talk about recoil. I am accustom to shotguns, various rifles, handguns. I could hardly call what aiguns develop as recoil. Now I am mostly shooting airguns so I mentally compare my recoil to other airguns and I've started to think of my sirguns in terms of having either harsh or light recoil. I have to go back to my firearms for a while, lol.

When discussing recoil in a springer we're not talking about one directional recoil like in that video. We are talking about the two-way snap that is produced that kills scopes and makes these guns tricky to shoot accurately. By the way !! What caliber is that rifle in the video ? I was thinking maybe a .460 Weatherby but I don't think it would kick that much.

When discussing recoil in a springer we're not talking about one directional recoil like in that video. We are talking about the two-way snap that is produced that kills scopes and makes these guns tricky to shoot accurately. By the way !! What caliber is that rifle in the video ? I was thinking maybe a .460 Weatherby but I don't think it would kick that much.

Yes. The double recoil is the scope killer and accuracy destroyer! I think one of my new springers just wrecked another scope.

Hard to get a break barrel to take medium game and yet have light recoil. Not sure what to recommend that would fit your criteria.

Can't believe I'd say such a thing, but perhaps forgo the airgun in that case brawler. 

One can get a very fine Ruger 10/22 (or similar) .22LR powder-burner for ~half your budget. And arguably less recoil. :)

1597612422_8647711975f39a1866616a0.71668388.JPG

Not that it would work through a semi auto, but Aquila makes some .22 ammo with very lightweight bullets, that only uses the priming compound for a propellant. It is actually quieter than my .177 cal Feinwerkbau 124. I think penetration will be somewhat like one of the higher velocity .22 pellet guns.

Problem with powder burners is noise and over penetration. Great picture!

I bet the 6 coyote. 4 raccoons and hundreds of marmots I've taken with my Magnum Springer's wish they knew a break barrel wouldn't kill them. A huge misconception among the PCP crowd that they are the only gun that is effective on critters. But most have never hunted with a Springer. Ya only get one chance with them.

AIM SMALL SHOOT SMALL!!!!!