• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Never again

Buyers remorse!!!!
Never again shall I ever purchase another Gamo air rifle.
About ,6 months ago i bought a Gamo whisper wildcat in .22.
Since then it has been the most ridiculously inaccurate, lousy trigger piece of junk.. it wouldn't shoot a tight group at 25 yards if needed.

One would hope that it would at least shoot a 3" group..no such luck.
And the recoil is too much for the utg scope i put on it. I tried everything. Even put it in a lead sled that was bolted down.. never again.
Sorry gamo but this is one customer you shall not be getting back anytime soon..

Go with the Cometa 400 for your cheaper plinking man. They cost a bit more than your normal Gamos but once they're tuned up they're fantastic and the triggers blow Gamo and Hatsan out of the water. These are 4 seperate guns that I did for customers this last week using a basic UTG 3-9x40AO. None were tested for best pellets and were just shot from the same tins of JSBs I test everything from. My logic is if they shoot these well they're guaranteed to be good guns. If they don't shoot these well, I need to figure out why before they go out the door.

20240507_171741.jpg
20240511_165013.jpg
20240504_144559.jpg

Another 20+ shot group:

20240506_201319.jpg

Last edited:
Go with the Cometa 400 for your cheaper plinking man. They cost a bit more than your normal Gamos but once they're tuned up they're fantastic and the triggers blow Gamo and Hatsan out of the water. These are 4 seperate guns that I did for customers this last week using a basic UTG 3-9x40AO. None were tested for best pellets and were just shot from the same tins of JSBs I test everything from. My logic is if they shoot these well they're guaranteed to be good guns. If they don't shoot these well, I need to figure out why before they go out the door.

View attachment 463931View attachment 463932View attachment 463935

Another 20+ shot group:

View attachment 463933
Nice groups mate , now shoot them at 50 yards , and show us the groups .

Strange juxtaposition here (attached screenshot). Guy who posted before you raved & you, like me, think they're a P.O.S. Before buying my 1st PCP I bought a Gamo Hunter because of "tack driver" reviews. They failed to mention the tack head needed to be 24" in diameter and shot from 10 feet away! 🤪
GLAD it works for him. I'd never go near another one. Hope this doesn't offend the people having good luck. I'm happy for you.
Screenshot_20240512-133413_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I must be in the exception group. I have two gamos and can't complain about either of them.

One is an original whisper that I just have to check the screws on when poi shifts. Yea, it broke a cheap Winchester scope that it wore for two years, but the hawke on there now is holding up.

The other is a viper, and since I'm only using shotshells, accuracy is based on the amount of shot on paper. Ain't many pellets in a shell but it works like it should.

I got them expecting them to be better than the crosman I got rid of and they were. They're a step up from the chinese B-1 that was given to me, also.

Buyers remorse!!!!
Never again shall I ever purchase another Gamo air rifle.
About ,6 months ago i bought a Gamo whisper wildcat in .22.
Since then it has been the most ridiculously inaccurate, lousy trigger piece of junk.. it wouldn't shoot a tight group at 25 yards if needed.

One would hope that it would at least shoot a 3" group..no such luck.
And the recoil is too much for the utg scope i put on it. I tried everything. Even put it in a lead sled that was bolted down.. never again.
Sorry gamo but this is one customer you shall not be getting back anytime soon..

That is a very harsh review of the Gamo Wildcat. Sorry you had grief with it, but I have nothing but GOOD things to say about my Gamo Hunter Extreme Pro in .22 cal. The rifle has a beautiful beechwood stock, shoots JSB 15.89 grain pellets very hard and accurately. With a slight tweak (longer 2nd stage adjustment screw) to the trigger it breaks very nicely. Not a Rekord quality break by any means, but still a very nice break for about a $1 investment in an adjustment screw. As far as the scope, a 3x9 BugBuster is hanging in there, and no troubles have arisen so far. Perhaps you got a "lemon" I don't know, but I certainly like my Gamo Ext Pro. Bad news is Gamo is out of the Hunter Ext Pro in .22 cal, not sure if they will be making more, but you CAN still order the same basic rifle in .25 cal.

I own an English branded gun, the brand now owned by Gamo. I could throw the gun more accurately than the gun shoots o_O
Was it a Meteor Super by chance? I have two of them here. Neither shot worth a damn because the bores aren't concentric and the crown looked like a circumcision gone wrong. After re-crowning the guns the groups sizes shrunk considerably and the wild fliers disappeared

Edit: Just realized who I was quoting here. NM you know 😆

Last edited:
I have 2 Gamo's and they are my 2 most shot air rifles. I picked up a Daisy 1000 (Gamo) .177 ( Im guessing from the 70's or 80's). All it needed was a CDT trigger and it shoots very well.

My other Gamo is a Hunter Extreme Pro .22. Its a beast to cock, but its quiet, powerful, and doesnt kick too bad. A trigger screw dropped the trigger from 4.5lbs to 1.5lbs.
Both my Gamo's are accurate at 50yds with heavier pellets. Both are mostly steel & wood traditional break barrels (spring on .177 & gas ram on .22) , without the swarm-style magazines or plastic stocks.

Reactions: Bandito and BABz58
I found this last night searching for a different air rifle. Price seems a little high to me, but Im relatively new to this airgun stuff. Was seriously considering it.. does anyone have any knowledge about this air rifle? And how accurate are they at 50 yards?
but money is a bit tight these days. Being disabled and a retired veteran. Im struggling to justify it..
Really wishing that FWB had made a 300 su in .22..

Reactions: Bandito
I must be in the exception group. I have two gamos and can't complain about either of them.

One is an original whisper that I just have to check the screws on when poi shifts. Yea, it broke a cheap Winchester scope that it wore for two years, but the hawke on there now is holding up.

The other is a viper, and since I'm only using shotshells, accuracy is based on the amount of shot on paper. Ain't many pellets in a shell but it works like it should.

I got them expecting them to be better than the crosman I got rid of and they were. They're a step up from the chinese B-1 that was given to me, also.
The viper was my first break barrel. Killed a bunch of &&%^## chipmunks around my house with shot shells. Pellet accuracy so so.
I still have it. Purchased in 2010

Reactions: Bandito