Need your springer advice!!

Not a bad idea. I'll just give you some random thoughts on each of your categories:

1) HW30s is wonderful; I have one. Thinking of putting in the Vortek kit, which will add a couple FPE, while still keeping it smooth. It's pretty much in a class of one, until the Diana 24 re-release comes out. But I'm skeptical that Diana quality is up there with Weihrauch's, these days. They're putting those cheezy plastic fiber optic sights on everything... Do also consider the R7. It has the better-looking stock, with checkering, a shorter barrel and a muzzle brake vs. sights on the HW30s. The front sight is hooded, but the rear sight is just an open one. If you're going to shoot it with sights, you'd want an aperture sight at the rear of the receiver, I think. If you're pretty sure you're going to shoot it scoped, definitely get the R7, as it won't have the ugly dovetail grooves that are left when you take off the front sight.

2) TX200, you've read all about mine here already. But you know what? If I had it to do over again, I might open up the ol' wallet a little further and get a ProSport. As a target gun, the TX200 is awesome. But with that solid steel underlever, it is DAMN heavy, and out at the front; very hard to shoot offhand. Any kind of rested position, it's fine, whether it's the classical field target position resting on the knees, braced against a tree, prone, bench... all fine. But the minute you want to take an offhand shot, stuff gets real. For reference, I'm 5'8" tall, 170 lbs., medium build. Not a weightlifter, but not fat or scrawny guy. Just average. I'm already committed, so I'll probably work on shooting offhand more, to develop those muscles. I'd say it is twice as hard to shoot offhand as my Marauder, and about 4X harder than the HW30s. My Stoeger X20 is also much easier to shoot offhand, and it has the same power level as a stock TX200. The ProSport, Air Arms says, is more refined. The anti-beartrap mechanism is automatic. The cocking lever looks to be some lighter material. I presume it is less barrel-heavy as a result. The caliber is a no-brainer: .177. If you want to shoot full power, it shoots 8.4 gr. pellets at around 920 fps, which is perfect: fast and flat, but without flirting with the sound barrier. Or shoot the heavies 100 fps slower or so. Vortek offers kits to take out the buzz and twang, but not lose power. Accurate, yes, but make no mistake, the TX is quite the twanger, out of the box. It'll give you the heebie-jeebies after shooting smooth PCPs or an HW30s. But heck, if you're only gonna have three rifles, you may as well do them up right, right? Go up to .22, and you're down below 700 range, which I don't like; too loopy. Even my de-tuned TX in .177 is shooting mid weight pellets at about 800 fps. Get a .177 Pro Sport and try it out. Detuning it to 12 FPE will make it easier to cock too, which takes away the disadvantge of the shorter lever. I wouldn't overlook the Walther LGU, either. It seems to have done some things better than Air Arms, such as quietness and a smooth shot cycle. Accuracy is at least as good, by all reports. A plastic trigger seems to be the only complaint, and it's less expensive too.

3) I think you have nice .22 caliber PCP hunters already. Don't you have a FX Wildcat in .22? I can't imagine anything more shootable than that. The tougher thing is deciding which ones are going to go!

Reactions: broachoski
SMAUG covered it very well.
If you wanted a standard HW30s, Krale in the Netherlands can have one to your door within 3 days for right at $240. US.
The TX200 is great. I prefer the HC with the shorter barrel myself.
The Prosport has a great following but the price is the pits but I'll probably get one. 
I put the Walther LGU right there with the TX200 in accuracy and it is heavy too. The stock seems a little too wide to me and the trigger does not compare to the HW or Air Arms but can be tweeked.
If you have pelletosis you will wind up with at least one of each.

One other comment: I think your PCPs are .22, right? Maybe the upgrade there should be to .25, rather than to a different gun? Something that will shoot accurately and quietly at 50 FPE. I'm told they buck the wind noticeably better than .22s. The killer there is what are you going to do with all the .22 pellets? It's a lot of lost money; I guess you could sell them.

@Deja The problems with the cocking arm have beens solved on the last generation HW30S. And Deja is right, get the S model with the Rekord trigger. 

Good choice, the HW30S (got one, love it!) and TX200 are both great rifles to own and easy to maintain. If you want a heavy springer for hunting, consider a gas ram. I own a Diana 340 Ntec in .177 also, and with 16 F/Lbf it's powerful enough to shoot small game up to 55 yards (9 F/Lbf remaining at that range with JSB Exact 8.4 grains). The advantage of a gas ram is no torque when you pull the trigger, just a nice quiet 'thump' backward. Makes shooting accurate, and cocking for that matter, a lot easier. The only downside in my experience with the 340 is that it takes about two tins of pellets before it breaks in. But after that, great accuracy and despite it's power, still easy and fun to shoot.

Thanks. I am pretty much dead set on the HW30S with the rekord trigger. I really want a nice open sighted springer and I have not seen a better option, but wanted to get everyones opinion. Still undecided on a under lever or side lever. I keep debating the TX versus the LGU. My understanding is the LGU may be smoother But The TX has a better trigger. If I go TX, I will put a vortek kit in it right away.

As far as a powerful hunter, I see too many options with zero clue of what direction to go. I might put that purchase on hold.

Again, I thank everyone who has responded for your experience and opinions!! Trying to make the most educated purchases as I hate being disappointed with a gun purchase!!

You can't go wrong with the HW30S, those things are built to survive you, are extremely fun to shoot (addictive even), and your grand children will even enjoy them. With regard to triggers, my experience is that any bad trigger can be turned into a good one. The worst trigger I worked on, was the (single-stage) trigger on my CZ455; out of the box a 7-pound pull, but after doing a trigger job (adjusting spring tension, adjusting the sear angle, and polishing all the parts for hours) it's has become a great trigger that breaks like glass at less than a pound. Only thing you need to be sure of, is that the trigger can be completely disassembled. Some cheaper triggers are casted into their trigger housing.

You've got top of the bill Major. When it comes to accurate low powered springers, the FWB300(s) is the bees knees, full stop! But most people have to 'mature' before they're ready for the Crème de la Crème, and are able to appreciate a fine work of vintage art. So (un)fortunately for you, the only option you've got left is buy something less or similar like a Diana 75 for instance. ;) 

I haven't owned a Diana 54, but am very curious to play with one . I know there are tuning kit or them and can't help but think one I these in a 22-25 would be a true Badass of a springer . I know they are heavy but hell I spent way more time hunting slow or still than walking up and down hills , the weights not a deal breaker for me .... For those not aware of it AJ is a VERY skilled tuner and gunsmith . If anybody here could make one a REAL shooter my money would be on him . I personally like the 56 with the thumbhole stock. Just for looks .
The other gotta own in my book for me personally is the HW98 . I know it just another gun in different clothes , but it has a high " cool factor "

No vaccine, no cure, and it's highly contagious so you'd better watch out! 😂
Try shooting a high-end springer, the level of fun is much higher, and you never run out of air. I still own one PCP (FX Independence) that I use for competition shooting, but the rest of the air rifles I own are either break barels or side levers. Especially the FWB300S is soooooo much fun to shoot. 

blackdieselWhat kind of sickness is this, getting rid of PCPs for springers? Is there a vaccine available for it? I need the shot. On a serious note, why the change? I've never shot a high end springer so maybe I don't have a reference.

I still have 7 pcp's. Rifles, pistols and .177-.30 caliber. Just down sizing my pcp's and getting some more quality springers.

A good springer is just plain fun. As mentioned, the FWB 300 is an amazing gun. Once you shoot one you will understand. Image a springer that can shoot as good as a pcp with a trigger that is better than all but the Uber expensive target pcp's.