Need Suggestions for ACCURATE .177 Pellets to Test.

Hey all,

I have a Diana 34 Classic Pro that has had a VEKTOR reduced power mainspring installed. I am trying to find the most accurate pellet for paper punching out to 50 meters or so. I normally shoot from 10 to 20 meters though.

What pellets have you found to be really accurate in your 177 rifles? I'd also like to find a good, accurate wadcutter too.

Also, if you know where I can buy some sample sizes of different pellets, please let me know. There used to be a guy on EBay that had all kinds of .177 pellets where you could pick what you'd like to try and he would sell you small lots of 25 pellets. It's no longer available. I have found a "Pellet Sampler" from an airgun shop, but you can't pick what you'd like to try and there seem to be quite a few hunting type pellets in the kit. If you know of a place that sells test sizes of different 177 pellets, please let me know. Of, if you have pellets that have been accurate for you and you wouldn't mind selling small quantities of 25 or so, let me know. I'd like to try different match type wadcutters along with other pellets normally geared toward accurate paper shooting or field target shooting.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and any help you care to give.

Larry

1550085574_470922705c646dc68cf847.94554383_IMG_20190128_202554509.jpg

I can create a sample pack for you out of these pellets. Let me know which ones you are interested in.

Crosman premier 7.9 grain

Crosman premier 10.5 grain

Crosman wad-cutters 7.4 grains

Air Arms 8.4 grains

JSP Havy 10.34 grains

H&N bracuda match 10.65 grains

H&N Field target trophy 8.64 grains

RWS diabolo basic 7 grains

The most accurate domes are likely to be the JSB or Air Arms 8.4gr or H&N Field Target Trophy. 

At the original power level, I would have said give the heavier JSB 10.3gr and H&N Baracuda Match (10.6gr) a try.

Regarding wadcutters, try the RWS Meisterkugeln (8.2gr) and RWS Supermag (9.3gr). Those two have produced the best groups for me across a variety of different models . RWS also makes a 7gr wadcutter called Basics that have typically grouped really well, sometimes matching the more expensive ones. However the cost advantage has shrunk in recent months when they changed the tins from 500ct to 300ct so just check pricing.

You may know this already but all wadcutters will spread out disproportionately compared to domes at a longer distance. 20 yards is a realistic useful range for keeping them inside a quarter (springer) or dime (PCP). 30 yards tops if you luck out and find a really good combination

I have no specific disagreement with any post here, but would summarize by saying that due to the variance of individual rifle barrels (even high quality ones), and the variation of pellets in overall design and lot consistency, you will likely not find an immediate solution. My first guess is the Air Arms 8.4 grain 4.52 mm pellet. The generous offer by Shutik is a great idea! Good luck.