Need something quiet for coyotes and turkeys

Holy cow guys? I've got a lot to digest!

The coyotes will be taken off my back deck and I have all my shooting lanes ranged out, longest being 75 yards. Unfortunately, that backs up to a neighbor's yard. My biggest concern it not dropping the coyote DRT and having track it through multiple properties.

I shoot HP and Benchrest so my skills set for accuracy is there.

As for optics, I have a new ATN 3-14 4K PRO waiting to be mounted, which came with an illuminator. 

I have an air compress for filling, no worries. 

So, I am leaning towards a .25 or .30 caliber PCP. I am asauming I can dial down fps on some models as to not go crazy on the turkeys.

You do realize these compressor put out 4500 PSI and there not a shop compressor that puts out 140 PSI.

I don't think any pcp will ever be as quiet as a subsonic powder burner with a suppressor. 

I am no expert by any stretch. But at least from my experience.. I've tried several brands of moderators to tame my FX Superswift below what my 300 blk does with subsonic loads. . no success..

Good luck with your project!!

I suspect there is a reason for this, but it isn't because airguns are louder than firearms. Both can be made equally as quiet, the loudest element being the hammer strike or firing pin. I can't speak to the superswift specifically, but there is a lot less muzzle blast with most airguns to tame than a 300BLK. *shrug* Just something to be aware of. It is also possible you have an issue with your PCP, like a blown breech seal, so the sound isn't coming out the loud end. 

Appreciate the feedback and input.. STO.. My Superswift is an older FX model.. I do know the "hammer" does make some noise.. I wouldn't know the difference in slingshot or whatever FX used back then,, Also, but out the muzzle is a pronounced "hollow sound." I'm am running it full power.. as I mentioned I'm absolutely not an expert, just to my ears.. I'd shoot the 300 blk over the Superswift in 22.. 

. I hope the OP gets the right tool for his application,,

Appreciate the feedback and input.. STO.. My Superswift is an older FX model.. I do know the "hammer" does make some noise.. I wouldn't know the difference in slingshot or whatever FX used back then,, Also, but out the muzzle is a pronounced "hollow sound." I'm am running it full power.. as I mentioned I'm absolutely not an expert, just to my ears.. I'd shoot the 300 blk over the Superswift in 22.. 

. I hope the OP gets the right tool for his application,,

If you're over dwelling the valve, then you're pushing more air out of the barrel then what is necessary which would create a large blast of air...provided this is the case, it may be possible to reduce the hammer spring preload while retaining the same FPE / FPS output while reducing residual muzzle pressure...additionally you could be experiencing hammer bounce in which case generally make pcp's much louder. Either way a properly moderated PCP should be quieter than any PB provided you shoot both projectiles at the same velocity..

My hammer strike is non-existent in the noise department. I use a striker that has compressed leather in a pocket where the valve stem makes contact with..its held up just fine over 1000's of shots and hasn't caused any issues. My valve only has 100~ lbs of force on it when closed which reduces the required energy to open the valve allowing the compressed leather to see very minimal wear over time. I used to HATE the sound a pcp makes when the striker collides with the valve stem. Now that I removed that, ALL I hear from my heavily moderated pcp (can even put 2 feet of LDC on it) is muzzle blast, and pellet hitting the target.

Heres my hammer with a PEEK tip installed. I later changed that out for the compressed leather and haven't looked back. Peek was better than metal on metal but still resulted in a TING/DING noise that wasn't as sharp as metal but enough to seek out more reduction...which ended up being compressed leather.

The EdGun R5M .25 Long and the R5 .30 Long would be good choices. The R5 .30 Long is pretty quiet. A friend's is quiet enough that feeding deer 100yds out aren't bothered by the "report"...or the thwack of pellet hitting a ground squirrel 40yds away..ear flick was the only reaction. Some folks feel the Edguns are loud..they do have a "ping"..but what people hear at the gun seems to be interpreted differently by animals down range. The R5 .30 is easily tunable to 80+ FPE with 44.75 pellets. The R5M .25 would do 60+ FPE with 34gr pellets. At 50yds the .30 will still have -60FPE. Bit on the pricey side but easy to work on and tune. Accurate too.

The .30 Bully I setup with a Emperor is quiet,loading a pellet is what’s noisy.

That sounds much quieter than any suppressed 22 LR.

If you shot into the air so the pellet strike wasn't heard it would be real quiet.

If i smoothed out the cocking lever assembly it would be a lot quieter, it’s nice when you can hear the pellet hit rather then the sound of the airgun, I was shooting at 50 yards in that video, I did it just for the sound, without the Emperor you pretty much needed earplugs if you were going to shoot it.

The EdGun R5M .25 Long and the R5 .30 Long would be good choices. The R5 .30 Long is pretty quiet. A friend's is quiet enough that feeding deer 100yds out aren't bothered by the "report"...or the thwack of pellet hitting a ground squirrel 40yds away..ear flick was the only reaction. Some folks feel the Edguns are loud..they do have a "ping"..but what people hear at the gun seems to be interpreted differently by animals down range. The R5 .30 is easily tunable to 80+ FPE with 44.75 pellets. The R5M .25 would do 60+ FPE with 34gr pellets. At 50yds the .30 will still have -60FPE. Bit on the pricey side but easy to work on and tune. Accurate too.

If the R5 .30 had a mag and side lever, I would take a good hard look at buying it then.

Ackuric and STO thanks for the info.. Good stuff. That makes sense about the hammer spring.. I've never adjusted it. I've only had to remove the. Action from the stock that requires removal of what I believe is the hammer spring.. I always just ran it in until the rifle would "cock."

I'll try to back it off and see how it sounds.. that rifle is accurate it is scary. Probably harvested close to 1000 tree rats with that rifle since the last 12-15 years. 

The compressor was originally used for filling CO2 and nitrogen tanks. Picked it up from company that services soda machines for sand/bead blasting firearms parts.

Unfortunately my dog had different plans on how to spend the money. He broke one of his molars last night playing tug of war.

My budget has been cut in half.😫 So with $300 to spend, it seems like my only options are:

Umarex Gauntlet

Hatsna QE

BSA Bucaneer

Save up another $100 and get into a Puncher Breaker Silent bullpup?

If I do not spend this money soon, my wife willfind it!