Need some Input on some changes we are considering

We may do this either way but I first want to get thoughts from AGN friends/family.

We are getting close to catching up on our back orders which have been a problem after our big move and then a 3 month delay of lead wire trickling in. Our supply issue is fixed with adding a second source to be able to purchase form. Now we are fulfilling our back orders, mostly overseas orders, and want to move forward with future projects that have been on hold.

One of the big ones is sample packs. They are a huge bottle neck in our production. We are thinking of instead of offering sample packs is to offer an 'econo bag'. Sort of a compromise between sample pack and full box of ammo. We get people wanting bigger sample packs because they don't have enough slugs to change tunes to see if they can get the slug perform and end up buying multiple packs of the same slug.

The 'econo bag' would be half the slugs that come in a normal box. So if a box of say 17 cal comes with 400 slugs the 'econo' bag would be 200. The bag would not be boxed, only stickered. This is much faster for us to produce since it does not get boxed. The cost of the box and time to box it is saved and even though buying smaller amount your cost per slug would be similar.

The cost of the bag would be roughly half of a normal box. So in this example the now $18.99 for 400 slugs would $9.50 for 200. Currently the sample packs are $5 for 40 slugs. The cost is high per slug because of the time it takes to put them together.

We have a bagging machine that can make these bags for us rather quickly. It is a new machine less than a week old. This 'econo bag' means you can buy half the cost of a box for half the slugs, similar cost per slug. The difference is it will be bagged and not boxed. We of course will wrap in foam when shipped like we do in our regular boxes.

What are your thoughts?

123_12.1642094778.jpeg

123_1.1642094695.jpeg

This does sound like a great compromise. $10.00 to try something out does not seem at all unreasonable. That said, there is a difference "between working up a tune" and "testing something and finding out it's pants" on the fist few shoots. In a perfect world, both would be an option,. but like I said, I'd still be willing to pony up $10.00 to try something.

Personally, I'd be even happier if you did 1/3rd or 1/4 sized "econo bags" but maybe those would create as much trouble as the sample packs.

P.S. I just placed my first order since your move, and they arrived very fast! No sign of backlog on that order.

Thanks!

We may do this either way but I first want to get thoughts from AGN friends/family.

We are getting close to catching up on our back orders which have been a problem after our big move and then a 3 month delay of lead wire trickling in. Our supply issue is fixed with adding a second source to be able to purchase form. Now we are fulfilling our back orders, mostly overseas orders, and want to move forward with future projects that have been on hold.

One of the big ones is sample packs. They are a huge bottle neck in our production. We are thinking of instead of offering sample packs is to offer an 'econo bag'. Sort of a compromise between sample pack and full box of ammo. We get people wanting bigger sample packs because they don't have enough slugs to change tunes to see if they can get the slug perform and end up buying multiple packs of the same slug.

The 'econo bag' would be half the slugs that come in a normal box. So if a box of say 17 cal comes with 400 slugs the 'econo' bag would be 200. The bag would not be boxed, only stickered. This is much faster for us to produce since it does not get boxed. The cost of the box and time to box it is saved and even though buying smaller amount your cost per slug would be similar.

The cost of the bag would be roughly half of a normal box. So in this example the now $18.99 for 400 slugs would $9.50 for 200. Currently the sample packs are $5 for 40 slugs. The cost is high per slug because of the time it takes to put them together.

We have a bagging machine that can make these bags for us rather quickly. It is a new machine less than a week old. This 'econo bag' means you can buy half the cost of a box for half the slugs, similar cost per slug. The difference is it will be bagged and not boxed. We of course will wrap in foam when shipped like we do in our regular boxes.

What are your thoughts?

Nick, Great idea. Streamlining your production along with continued consistency and value is paramount. Your products are tier1 and deservedly so. I would pay MORE for an "econo bag", by a percentage, to "test" a tier1 product. Your time and attention to detail has value.

Motorhead is on the same page...Buy more you get a better deal, less and you pay more.

Patrick

FANTASTIC IDEA!!! The current sample bag is simply too small and I don’t need all the sizes. It’s better to sell a half bag so I can try the sizes I want and having enough to do a simple tune and shoot a few targets. I ended up ordering full boxes to try which was a bit of waste on the sizes I ended up not intend to shoot in the future.

I can totally see the sample bags are way too labor intensive to be viable. 

1BAA94C8-9610-42C0-8B00-AA2DE2AE0CC9.1642047938.jpeg

Thank you for the input.

Motorhead, to address what you suggested. I also have a bigger box of slugs in the works I just do not know the quantities yet. We are going to offer a "big box" which we hope will be like 4 or 5 times the quantity (if it fits) in the same box we put our big bore slugs in or in the case of 17 cal perhaps just fill the normal box to capacity. Will still be bagged and boxed but only one box for the quantity of 4 or 5.

This will come after the "econo bag". As I rerun slugs we will introduce these one slug at a time. Buying the bigger box will have some cost savings with it but not sure what it will be yet. Good for people who know what they shoot. I have customers buying cases at a time of the same slug this would be great for them.