Daisy Need some help identifying an old springer

I asked on another board earlier, and hope to find some experts here... I just picked this Daisy Break Barrel up today & wondering if I did ok for $50. It shoots but twangs loud! Seller thought it was from around 1950's? Says "Daisy Model 1000, Rogers AR USA", but barrel says "Made in Spain"...
Seems fairly powerful, .177cal. Chrony 7.9g @805fps! Curious if I could find a spring or piston seal, if needed. This thing is too twangy!
daisy 1000 2.jpg
daisy 1000.jpg

Reactions: .20calguy

That scope is like <$25 so for your $50 I'd say you didn't get ripped off but can't say you got a steal either since it needs tuned. But I never sell only buy so I'm not an expert there.

It might just need some grease/lube in the chamber but also may need the seals like you suggest. Maybe put a tissue over it when you shoot and see if the tissue moves then you know the seal is bad.

I couldn't find a specific seal for that but maybe just email/call Daisy. That's a lot of fps out of a gun that old though!

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
I was expecting 500ish fps, so when I saw 800's I about fell over! Rear sight is wonky and needs replacement, but I was able to get it shooting fairly good at 20 yards. Seems well-built with very little plastic. I would lite to find some spring guides & maybe a Vortek seal to see if it can be smoothed out some. Power is nice though.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Looks similar to the old El Gamo Expo, may be an Expo.
Exactly. A 130 or 131. The Daisy versions had fluted stocks. Some variants of that gun had a magazine and were repeaters. The El Gamo Cadet was marketed as a Daisy 120. A cheap kid sized gun.
These guns were sold in box stores of the era. Like Kmart.
An upgrade aftermarket gold trigger is available for your gun.
Sounds like it is shooting up to par. These guns were branded ASI in UK

Exactly. A 130 or 131. The Daisy versions had fluted stocks. Some variants of that gun had a magazine and were repeaters. The El Gamo Cadet was marketed as a Daisy 120. A cheap kid sized gun.
Could you tell me more about this trigger?

Pretty sure that's a Gamo Magnum (as sold as such in the uk)
It fits with the power you are seeing and the length of the cylinder, known for returning low 800 fps type velocities in .177 The basic stock version....It had a basic recoil arrestor (a piece of bent steel with a screw into the last quarter of the air cylinder approaching the trigger block...
Daisy acted as a distributer for Spanish rifles, which also included The Cometa range into Europe through the 90s

I installed one of these gold triggers in a Crosman Fire NP some years ago. Was super weird cause at the time Charlie didn't take check and asked for $35 in cash to be mailed with return address. Was the sketchyest thing I'd done lol

But. That is a nice trigger compared to those stock Crosman ones. It is almost a hair trigger compared to others I have I always have to readjust when I shoot my Fire. It was well worth it for me especially because I had a hard time concentrating when you have to hold the springer in artillery hold but also hold steady enough to hit the target but then also have good trigger squeeze to not jerk it off target. Trigger helped a lot.

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic