• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NEED SOME HELP Huggets

Hello,
Just bought a daystate Air ranger from a guy. It came with a Hugget and he says it was shooting fine through the hugget when he mailed it to me. Upon delivery I shot a few shots through it with no problem. So, I putt the huggett on it and the .22 pellets are hitting the inside washers on the hugget. He says no way. So, what the hell do I do. The guns is to loud without the hugget but its messed up. Need some help.... The gun is in like new condition. The huggett screws on fine. Fits nice and tight

I have a Hugget on my Daystate AirWolf. Your problem has to be associated with barrel shroud not aligned with the barrel assuming that the Hugget threads are not damaged as you indicate. There should be a small gap (1/16") between the shroud and where it meets the receiver to allow for barrel/ shroud expansion and contraction. Otherwise, I fear that the shroud or barrel may be slightly bent or not centered relative to each other resulting in the pellet clipping you are experiencing.

I would remove the shroud and roll it on a piece of glass or mirror to check. Also inspect that nothing is causing the barrel not to center in the shroud.

The other nasty possibility that I just thought of is a damaged barrel crown...possibly from cleaning? May want to inspect it as well.

If there is an alignment issue with the barrel and shroud getting another LDC from somewhere else will not help, you have to fix the problem which means making sure everything on the gun is in perfect alignment, just getting a new LDC will not fix the problem. If the Hugget was working fine for the previous owner and it was clipping for the new owner I suspect something got knocked during transport, as AJ3 stated you could remove the shroud and roll it on a piece of glass or mirror and see how it rolls, any bend in the shroud should be evident. Do not waste your money replacing the Hugget until you have found out what the root of the problem is, Neil.