• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need some feedback from you TX200/HW97 FT Guys

wwo2015

Manufacturer
May 8, 2015
Texas, United States
I am changing my FT stock designs for both of these guns and need some feedback from those who shoot them most. I see and have used several different configurations for the knee rests and want to offer the stocks with the option/s that are used the most today. Does it need to be adjustable in place knee rest (post and platform) or do I offer it with just an Anschutz style rail, and you add your specific specialized set up?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from some of you!

Steve Corcoran

I am changing my FT stock designs for both of these guns and need some feedback from those who shoot them most. I see and have used several different configurations for the knee rests and want to offer the stocks with the option/s that are used the most today. Does it need to be adjustable in place knee rest (post and platform) or do I offer it with just an Anschutz style rail, and you add your specific specialized set up?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from some of you!

Steve Corcoran
Honestly the rail will work for all classes if in open or WFTF a hamster can be added but if shooting hunter nothing.
Mark

I would prefer the rail so I can put on what I want. It would be nice to have a version with a flat portion in front of the trigger that is about 1/2" to 3/4" deeper than the trigger guard and then the slope is a staight slope up to the front (much like the old Daystate CR94/97 stocks). I have found that many of the custom stock tried to put form over function and make it difficult to setup the rifle the way I like.

I would concur that a rail is best, but a bit extra forearm depth helps the balance a bit by adding weight to the bottom. The rail should go from the cocking lever slot back to stock screw. That is the way I inletted one on my CS1000.

I would also add that the inletting needs to precise, as that can affect the piston performance. I had problems with my CS1000 with this issue.

Daniel Putz

Steve, I am still shooting the stock you built for me some years back, for my TX200. You put and accessory rail underneath and an adjustable cheek piece. Both work exceptionally well. I use the Rowen adjustable knee riser, but if you had one with wood to match the stock, that would be ideal!
I have had a LOT of admiring looks at mine, without too much drooling...LOL

Reactions: beerthief