• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need some enlightenment with the HW100

ONE MORE TIME. MY SYNTHETIC CARBINE FROM AOA HAS A 330MM CYLINDER AND NOT THE 230MM THAT THE OTHER CARBINES HAVE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I CAN READ A TAPE MEASURE. THUS, NOT ALLCARBINES HAVE THE 230MM CYLINDER. GO TO AOA AND LOOK AT THE PICTUES OF THE SYNTHETIC CARBINES.

The synthetic carbines have the RIFLE length tube, with the cylinder reversed and mounted into a carbine length stock. They have a 410mm barrel. 

It's the same setup as a non-FAC RIFLE. Just in a different stock. It's not actually a "carbine" to the rest of the world's markets. 

Again, they only make TWO cylinder lengths. 

Thats why the topic, I’ve been down this road once with the hw100 in the past, I got the defective barrel, and always leaking cylinder, which pretty much made it useless. Luckily I got my money back (thank you PayPal)

But because of this unnecessary confusion I went with the fx dreamline classic in 22 with synthetic stock. For the same money it has interchangeable calibers, more fpe, more shots, adjustable power, adjustable hammer spring, etc.

This is going to be better fit for me i think, it can be adjusted, where the Weihrauch can also, but it voids the warranty. The moderator isn't bonded. And it can be turned into a bottle gun or bullpup. It’s a pellet gun transformer i guess.

Thanks for your help

AE0CB695-52C0-4435-898F-386A8A79CA43.1628644020.jpeg

Here is a reply I have created and posted on here a couple of times. It lays it out as clear as I could make it. 

This part is important: POWER LEVEL DICTATES THE BARREL LENGTH! A "CARBINE" IN FULL POWER IS NOT THE SAME AS A "CARBINE" IN NON-FAC.

That being said, it's absolutely pointless to call them a "carbine" or "rifle" depending on barrel length. But whatever.

Here's the breakdown. 

Weihrauch only makes two air cylinders and two stock sizes:

Rifle and Carbine. Each has it's own stock, and they wont interchange because the barrel band won't line up.

And they only make three barrel lengths:

310mm, 410mm, and 600mmn

The barrel length is dependent on power level. FAC guns have longer barrels. 

Long story short, in the non-FAC guns the barrels stop just at the end of the airtube, like the logical thing to do. 

In FAC guns, the barrel is longer than the airtube by an obvious amount, which is pretty pointless on the carbine.

Non FAC guns barrel lengths: 

Carbine-310mm, Rifle-410mm

FAC Guns:

Carbine-410mm, Rifle-600mm

Now the synthetic stocked guns on AoA appear to have rifle length tubes and 410mm barrels. The airtube is the RIFLE tube, but mounted backwards into a CARBINE length stock. 

I'm confused. The cylinder on my carbine measures 12.5", or 317.5 mm. The distance to the point at which it would touch the silencer is about another half inch, which means the maximum length to clear, is about 330 mm. The pictures and descriptions on both the AOA and Weihrauch sites are very misleading. Maybe there are versions for the home market, 12 fpe guns, that are being included in the print data, and which are not even offered here. ?? 

My only recommendation, buy and be happy, it's a great rifle. If you must have big power or huge shot count, it's not the rifle for you, and it's your loss.

You have the 175cc cylinder. If you add the threaded part that screws into the block you get 330mm. If you go to PA and look at the carbine they sell you will see it also has the 330mm cylinder and in the specs it says 175cc. The pictures of the wood stock carbines may not depict what AoA has in stock. As I said, call and have them measure them. The Weihrauch website sucks.