Need some enlightenment with the HW100

Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing one of these, but am not educated as well as owners. I’ve looked up here and other places without finding a definitive answer.

Has the barrel issues been resolved that plagued the .22 caliber in the past? This is the caliber I want to get.

And another is, what is the shortest HW100 I can get, and still be able to put on a longer air cylinder to get better shot count.

Or is there something that is similar? 

As always, thank you

The HW100 is a great rifle. My favorite configuration is the laminate carbine, or K model. It's short enough for the balance I prefer, and the laminate version has an adjustable comb stock, a feature I really like. It has an excellent, classic two-stage trigger that can be adjusted down to around 6 ounces, a very excellent magazine design, and an effective silencer. I currently own a .177, but have owned .22 also. There are no barrel problems to my knowledge, maybe years ago. I believe there are some higher capacity air cylinders available, but the carbine model, with silencer, would probably preclude their use due to inadequate clearance. Recommended fill pressure is 200 bar, so shot count is not going to be great. Although tuning is pretty easy, you aren't going to get a lot of power or a large shot count, that's just the reality of a rifle designed as a 12 fpe rifle. But if modest power and capacity is okay, I highly recommend the HW100, a very accurate, simple, high quality rifle. We don't hear a lot about it here in the US because, as usual, we are power hungry and love a lot of gadgets. 

Thanks

I’m seeing that some that appears longer cylinders, and some not. I cant tell if the stocks are different lengths etc.

its naturally not listed of the size of cylinders for any particular rifle. 

I am wanting largest cylinder, shortest barrel, and traditional stock, unless its synthetic. 

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/weihrauch-hw100-sporter-carbine-with-moderator/

this looks to me that it has a small cylinder, but able to take a longer one? Thanks

Read my replies here: 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wildly-different-renderings-of-weihrauch-hw100-sporter-and-carbine/

You need a "Rifle" length gun, with a 410mm barrel fitted. That's the barrel length from a "non-FAC" RIFLE, or an "FAC" rated CARBINE. 

There are two stocks depending on what airtube they come with. You can fit a rifle cylinder onto a carbine stock, if you swap the ends on the cylinder around and then install the tube backwards. 

The Ratworks fill valve on their cylinders are garbage. If you use one of their tubes, install the factory HW ends onto it. The straight profile of these tubes will fit in any stock. 

IMG_20210516_082829660.1628634556.jpg

I got the HW100 TK synthetic last Thursday. It comes with the rifle air cylinder that I think is 175 cc. The carbine is normally 105 cc. It came shooting 15.89 JSB's at 850 F.P.S and now is doing 882 average for 28 shots before coming off the reg. after adjusting the hammer spring. That is from a 3000 P.S.I fill after the cylinder has cooled. It shoots 14.34 JSB's and Hades just as well as the 15.89's at 30yards and I can cover a 10 shot group with my little fingernail. The weather has been too windy and or hot and humid to shoot at fifty. For a 16 inch barrel, 3000 P.S.I 175cc tube I am more than happy with the performance and build quality. The synthetic stock is solid with no hollow sound or feel and has tacky inserts on the forearm and grip. The one thing I don't like is the gun is front heavy, but not as bad as a Marauder. When they are back in stock I will be putting a Ratworks aluminum cylinder on it. 

There are two cylinders sizes from Weihrauch the 105 and the 175. The K versions with the 310 mm non shrouded barrels will come with the 105cc. All other models come with the 175cc tube . Now to complicate things the FSB ( shrouded) models come with either the 310mm , 410 mm or 560mm barrels. The shortest is of course the non shrouded 310mm barrel K model . Next is the TKFSB models with the 175cc. The later will take the 390mm Ratworks cylinder which is about 215cc . 
I love my HW100’s in both 177 and 22 . Equally accurate but the 177 at 16fpe shoots much flatter as expected in comparison to the 12fpe .22. 

I’m being told that they all come with the larger cylinder now, but it looks like some dont extend past the end of the stocks as others do

Well, I don't think the longer cylinder will work with the carbine barrel with silencer. I love my carbine .177, probably get 40 shots or so on a fill. You will like this rifle, as long as you don't try to make something of It for which it was not designed. Big cylinder, high power, big shot count....look elsewhere. 

I got the HW100 TK synthetic last Thursday. It comes with the rifle air cylinder that I think is 175 cc. The carbine is normally 105 cc. It came shooting 15.89 JSB's at 850 F.P.S and now is doing 882 average for 28 shots before coming off the reg. after adjusting the hammer spring. That is from a 3000 P.S.I fill after the cylinder has cooled. It shoots 14.34 JSB's and Hades just as well as the 15.89's at 30yards and I can cover a 10 shot group with my little fingernail. The weather has been too windy and or hot and humid to shoot at fifty. For a 16 inch barrel, 3000 P.S.I 175cc tube I am more than happy with the performance and build quality. The synthetic stock is solid with no hollow sound or feel and has tacky inserts on the forearm and grip. The one thing I don't like is the gun is front heavy, but not as bad as a Marauder. When they are back in stock I will be putting a Ratworks aluminum cylinder on it.

How quiet would you say yours is compared to a Marauder?

You see the confusion? It doesn't have to be like this. If in the description it describes length of barrel, size of cylinder, overall length, weight, etc. There would be far less confusion, and yea put up the right picture for what their selling.

I felt the same, so when I called in my order I had the cylinder measured. I wanted the synthetic and the picture showed it had the 175cc cylinder. If you call and get Rich he will measure the cylinders to make sure. The phone line opens at seven thirty and that is when I call and usually get Rich. I don't know about Darren, I have only delt with him a couple of times. 

How quiet would you say yours is compared to a Marauder?

My Marauder is a .177 and I put a 24 inch L.W. barrel in it with no baffles, so I can't compare it. I can say it is very quiet.

I'm confused. The cylinder on my carbine measures 12.5", or 317.5 mm. The distance to the point at which it would touch the silencer is about another half inch, which means the maximum length to clear, is about 330 mm. The pictures and descriptions on both the AOA and Weihrauch sites are very misleading. Maybe there are versions for the home market, 12 fpe guns, that are being included in the print data, and which are not even offered here. ?? 

My only recommendation, buy and be happy, it's a great rifle. If you must have big power or huge shot count, it's not the rifle for you, and it's your loss.