• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need some advice on a new airgun.

Ok, so I'm just getting into the notion of airgunning for fun. I. A bit older than the normal age ( 57 ) for starters. I'm looking to pick a first gun and its narrowed to Fx or Brocock. I really like the Aeron stock and the FX streamline is a serious contender. I've been looking and waiting to see reviews of the dreamline. I also like the Bantam sniper Hr. So can anyone provide some serious advice as to what to look at, or problems with the choices above?

I would let the dust settle on the new Dreamline and let the bugs shake out first. So many bells and whistles and this forum will shake them all out once they start delivering in abundance and get some traction. Early Adopter purchases "can" be good, but since your are new and this is your first --- I would not buy this yet. IMHO and I know others may not agree.

I too am seriously considering the FX Streamline. Very good reviews by most users, extremely accurate, regulated, power adjustments, traditional rifle look, light weight. However, the Brocock PCPs are very reliable and many on this forum swear by them.

Now I'm going to throw a curve, because you didn't ask. Check out the Daystate Regal XL ( either unregulated or regulated ) versions and definitely spend some time on the Classifieds on this forum. I have one and if you want to PM me and email or talk live, I am happy to do it!

Good luck!

Jumping straight into a PCP! All good. Search the forum on those that interest you, especially any FX and their regulators. Some are great but some need some tinkering. As a new Airgun shooter who want to jump straight in, I'd lean toward the Brocock you mention. But.... then again, I've not had one.

Don't forget to research anything you plan to fill it with either. Pump/tank/compressor/etc. Doesn't need to overwhelming, just have gather some knowledge as to what you may be getting into. Easy for the fill source to become very expensive, or time consuming (running back and forth to a dive shop).

Welcome to the forums! How are you going to fill your rifle? Hand pumping is an easy way to get into the game. A rifle with a small reservoir will be easy to fill with a hand pump. A rifle with a big bottle will not be easy.

I highly recommend a Daystate Huntsman XL .22 - easy to hand fill, a joy to shoot, a trigger that breaks like crystal and deadly accurate.

Cheers! 

Avoid the dreamline for a year or so, let others work the bugs out.

If hand pumping, smaller tanks are better. Getting to 3000 PSI isn't all that easy. I pumped a Marauder for about two weeks, and bought tanks. If hand pumping, I second the Maximus as a starting choice.

Streamline, Bantam, both incredible guns. I started with a Marauder, upgraded to Impact within a couple years. It's a fantastic way to shoot.

My advice, get on YouTube, watch AEAC's reviews on the guns you are interested in. They are unbiased and he shows the tests and results.

Plan on finding an air supply, like a scuba shop, or Paintball shop that can fill tanks and add tanks into your budget if at all possible. Your enjoyment will increase immensely. If you must pump, you can buy inexpensive pumps on eBay for $50 or so.