• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need rear sight for Daisy 717

if Bill is offering a rear sight grab it
and is there a rear sight that will work, the simple answer is not a chance, it has been on my list of how can i make a rear sight list for months
JG airgun parts are disappearing, but Daisy still has some but rear sights no and they are almost impossible to repair
JG was one place that has parts and there is one other and Daisy will tell you
https://www.tmacsairgunservice.com/
give Tony a call or email him, his service is great, i very nice guy but leave some parts for me and my 7 Daisy 7-7 pistols
again for those looking for wood grips Vernon Austin makes beautiful grips at several price levels
all i have

good luck Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: .20calguy
if Bill is offering a rear sight grab it
and is there a rear sight that will work, the simple answer is not a chance, it has been on my list of how can i make a rear sight list for months
JG airgun parts are disappearing, but Daisy still has some but rear sights no and they are almost impossible to repair
JG was one place that has parts and there is one other and Daisy will tell you
https://www.tmacsairgunservice.com/
give Tony a call or email him, his service is great, i very nice guy but leave some parts for me and my 7 Daisy 7-7 pistols
again for those looking for wood grips Vernon Austin makes beautiful grips at several price levels
all i have

good luck Mike
I

Thanks Mike. I’m talking to Bill now and hopefully will get some more info soon. Daisy says they are out of 717 rear sights. Hopefully the deal with Bill will work out - keeping my fingers crossed. I have three sets of grips from Vernon including a walnut set for my 747 that I’m going to install next week - they need a few tweaks on the top pins to fit well. I bought the 717 well used so that I could practice a reseal before I took my 747 apart. I’m not super mechanically inclined and have a Crosman 2250 in pieces on my work bench. BTW, I have a new in box 777 sitting in my closet as well as a nice 777 I just bought that was resealed but not by me. Nice pistol!

Cheers - Dave B

Reactions: .20calguy
Actually I wasn't intending on selling it but was going to offer it to someone in need. I bought up a lot of parts from Daisy about 3 or 4 years ago when I was collecting 7xx series Daisys. I have used up a lot of them but still have some left. Now I give a few parts away from time to time to guys in need. I like to pay it forward. I'm going to thin my vintage pistol herd soon as I've moved on to rifles as my vision isn't what it used to be. I still have some used parts laying around that are still good I may part with too.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Actually I wasn't intending on selling it but was going to offer it to someone in need. I bought up a lot of parts from Daisy about 3 or 4 years ago when I was collecting 7xx series Daisys. I have used up a lot of them but still have some left. Now I give a few parts away from time to time to guys in need. I like to pay it forward. I'm going to thin my vintage pistol herd soon as I've moved on to rifles as my vision isn't what it used to be. I still have some used parts laying around that are still good I may part with too.
Hopefully you can see my WTB on GTA. I just could not seem to get logged into AVA. If that is important, I’ll work on it in the AM as it is late

well if everything is alright with your 717, 2 115 o-rings for the tube and a new wiper if needed and you are done
if the valve is the problem life gets more interesting
the valve can leak at 2 points the stem and the seat a 005 o-ring for the stem, the cap has an o-ring and the size slips my old mind
now if you have a 7-7 that leaks, do not scratch your a$$ trying to figure out where, grab a large bowl of water and take the valve in the tube with a drill bit or something to hold the valve in the tube, there is a cross hole, dunk and and put in pressure and watch for bubbles
the tube is easy but if you put in a new 115 and it still leaks, one wrap of Teflon tape in the groove and thing should be fine
if the valve seat is leaking, well your life just got miserable and the fix is dumb luck
the old stem and new stem are different and the parts are hard to find
i will say that the 7-7 pistol is the easiest pistol that you could ever work on
now if painting is evolved strip and repaint half the parts are in flat and the other in semi gloss, i have been toying with polishing the tube and shooting the other parts in flat red or some color just for fun, it would be black brass and red
also, you will find the Brass tube is very sharp around the cutout slots for the cocking handle and valve and always to the outside
DO NOT LOOSE THE SCREWS YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY OFF THE SHELF AND OR THE SAFETY A 3MM BALL WILL WORK AND A BOUGHT A BAG OF SPRINGS OFF EBAY FROM CHINA
tear down take 2 minutes reassemble is a snap, trigger assembly has to be installed correctly
cock arm should be 1.5 inch from the left clam shell at closing when the pistol is not in firing mode, meaning you have not pulled the bolt back
and i know most of this is know but others might read and learn something
i am here if needed for questions

Reactions: ba49
well if everything is alright with your 717, 2 115 o-rings for the tube and a new wiper if needed and you are done
if the valve is the problem life gets more interesting
the valve can leak at 2 points the stem and the seat a 005 o-ring for the stem, the cap has an o-ring and the size slips my old mind
now if you have a 7-7 that leaks, do not scratch your a$$ trying to figure out where, grab a large bowl of water and take the valve in the tube with a drill bit or something to hold the valve in the tube, there is a cross hole, dunk and and put in pressure and watch for bubbles
the tube is easy but if you put in a new 115 and it still leaks, one wrap of Teflon tape in the groove and thing should be fine
if the valve seat is leaking, well your life just got miserable and the fix is dumb luck
the old stem and new stem are different and the parts are hard to find
i will say that the 7-7 pistol is the easiest pistol that you could ever work on
now if painting is evolved strip and repaint half the parts are in flat and the other in semi gloss, i have been toying with polishing the tube and shooting the other parts in flat red or some color just for fun, it would be black brass and red
also, you will find the Brass tube is very sharp around the cutout slots for the cocking handle and valve and always to the outside
DO NOT LOOSE THE SCREWS YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY OFF THE SHELF AND OR THE SAFETY A 3MM BALL WILL WORK AND A BOUGHT A BAG OF SPRINGS OFF EBAY FROM CHINA
tear down take 2 minutes reassemble is a snap, trigger assembly has to be installed correctly
cock arm should be 1.5 inch from the left clam shell at closing when the pistol is not in firing mode, meaning you have not pulled the bolt back
and i know most of this is know but others might read and learn something
i am here if needed for questions
Great message. I bought 3 exhaust valves from Daisy, a complete reseal kit from JG Airguns, and a two set of o rings from eBay. Hopefully these are enough spare parts to complete the reseal. if the exhaust valve is shot, I’ll have to see if the ones i got from Daisy or in the JG kit will work. My next reseal will be with polyurethane o rings - I’d have bought the kit advertised on eBay but someone on GTA advised me that he thought the teflon rings in that kit to replace the oil wiper would not work. As soon as I open the 717, I should be able to final size the o rings and buy some poly replacements. I need to clean up my work table prior to starting. I’ve found that the mats sold for under pet dishes (Home Goods) make a good surface. Thanks again. Today will be consumed with honeydews, a trip to the dump, and general workspace clean up. Tomorrow the tools come out!

the o-rings can just be Buna 90
if it was CO2 urethane should be used
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/daisy-717-repair-part-2.html
now the new valve stem might not work in the old valves and seeing that the new ones are not available and you might not be able to mix and match you run in to problems
as that post notes he did everything to make what he had work and everything failed and if he can't do it we can't either, the why is he is a magician
one other thing the old wipers were made out of felt so if you don't not have a foam one which i think are fragile at best you can make a felt one

fixing air guns is never a rush project for me, take it apart clean it up make a plan and then do it or wait till the next day you have to n=know what you might need and because shipping sucks buy once and you seem to be like me, if i need 1 I buy 4
if i need 1 o-ring i buy a bag of 20 or 50 some times the same price
and one last thing i have been using Ultramox 226 on the bolt and what a difference it makes and yes that white grease is very expensive but it is needed to rebuild Diana model 5-6-10's in my opinion

Reactions: ba49