Need power increase -- RAW HM1000x in .25cal with polygon barrel

Thank you for all the help thus far. You've guys have taught me a lot on what's needed to get more power from the RAW. I have been told more than once by people what they can do only to find out that they couldn't deliver. I hope that's not the case here. One never knows what a person can really do until you give him the work. Even after he's checked out and appears to be good. That's why I do all my own fire arm work. I'm still pretty green on air guns. If you like I'll keep you guys informed on what happens. This is still a long way from being completed.

Thank you for all the help thus far. You've guys have taught me a lot on what's needed to get more power from the RAW. I have been told more than once by people what they can do only to find out that they couldn't deliver. I hope that's not the case here. One never knows what a person can really do until you give him the work. Even after he's checked out and appears to be good. That's why I do all my own fire arm work. I'm still pretty green on air guns. If you like I'll keep you guys informed on what happens. This is still a long way from being completed.

I am sure about Mark B. He is the man.

If you want to do yourself, it seems great.

Even more interesting if you keep posting here for our knowledge. 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur

If you have a way of contacting him let me know. Except for some old posts on Air Gun Nation I can't find anything about him. No website, no nothing. He seems to have disappeared. There was one post here that wasn't good about him keeping a members gun for weeks and not answering the members emails, phone calls etc.. 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur

If you have a way of contacting him let me know. Except for some old posts on Air Gun Nation I can't find anything about him. No website, no nothing. He seems to have disappeared. There was one post here that wasn't good about him keeping a members gun for weeks and not answering the members emails, phone calls etc..

please check inbox of the forum

It is good to find this discussion.

Have just emailed one of the directors at my local pistol club ... thought I could not use the RAW there but seems it is only banned from their indoor air rifle range if

I read the rules correctly. So it will no longer be a closet queen (Actually a big safe).

I will be limited to 50 - 100 yards but that is fine for me.

Quick question ... 34 g seem to give the tightest groups?

Thanks,

Bob Moore

Bucketboy is the right man. He helped a lot in my project.

You may also ask Martin what was the internal dimensions of old block vs new block. If the outer dimensions are same, you can remove some material from inside of the receiver. This will add to plenum area as per new block.

Then you can add the external plenum.

Bucketboy may help you in all the matters. I use his designed efficiency valve and SSG.

You are in right direction. Please mention all and also keep us updated.

The Nano reg is developed in UK. It saves a lot of plenum area.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
What is the nano regulator and is it just for sub 12
It sounds to me you have found the ideal person to upgrade your RAW. 👍

There are plenty of Rapid/RAW tuners here in the uk due to the history of Theoben. You are absolutely correct, but it’s not just the long distance, causing delays, US customs can be a real nightmare, parts often sitting in the clearing house for weeks before moving on.

Best of luck

Bb
In your opinion does the newest version of the hm1000X in .22 caliber need more power to shoot 25 - 28 grain pellets or slugs accurately anywhere from 25 - 100 yards? And would adding a small external plenum with a high flow high efficiency valve and a SSG greatly increase accuracy and or efficiency?

its good you got a good tuner.

Mark Buchan is also a great tuner of RAW.

You may also contact him Hotair.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
In your opinion does the newest version of the hm1000X in .22 caliber need more power to shoot 25 - 28 grain pellets or slugs accurately anywhere from 25 - 100 yards? And would adding a small external plenum with a high flow high efficiency valve and a SSG greatly increase accuracy and or efficiency?

The factory set setting of RAW HM1000X .22 is around 945 fpa with JSB redesigned 25 grain pellets.

Now it all depends upon what fps your slugs and barrel need to achieve good accuracy. If the fps producing 50ftlb is required, the OEM system should work. Otherwise I understand that increase of power and efficiency would be needed

The factory set setting of RAW HM1000X .22 is around 945 fpa with JSB redesigned 25 grain pellets.

Now it all depends upon what fps your slugs and barrel need to achieve good accuracy. If the fps producing 50ftlb is required, the OEM system should work. Otherwise I understand that increase of power and efficiency would be needed
I plan on shooting the JSB 25 GRAIN Redisign but I would like enough Power to try out the new JSB .22 cal. 28 grain grands and Enough power to shoot slugs up to at least 28 grains. I don't wan't to ever have to adjust the regulator, just the hammer spring tension. Would the stock power be able to handle 28 grain pellets and slugs up to 980fps with only adjusting the hammer spring tension?

I plan on shooting the JSB 25 GRAIN Redisign but I would like enough Power to try out the new JSB .22 cal. 28 grain grands and Enough power to shoot slugs up to at least 28 grains. I don't wan't to ever have to adjust the regulator, just the hammer spring tension. Would the stock power be able to handle 28 grain pellets and slugs up to 980fps with only adjusting the hammer spring tension?
Detailed discussion is not appropriate here. Give me a PM please

I think you're right on all counts. The biggest problem is the plenum size for more power. Even his external plenum appears to be a little small. It can't be too big being it's located in the front of the gun. The second biggest problem is the cost to upgrade. To get the upgraded receiver and at least one larger magazine and have it set up we are talking about almost $800. That's just too much money to get an unknown power increase. At this point it would be better to sell the gun and purchase a new one with all the up to date improvements. This gun doesn't have the adjustable cheek piece which is dearly needed now that I want to shoot long range with slugs. If I could buy the plenum and high efficiency valve from your sources what would it cost? Your people are way ahead of the game on upgrading the RAW's. I haven't seen anybody here in the States doing what they have already done. For the moment the gun is going to be used for some hunting so it needs to stay together for now until I decide what to do. I'll use my Impact to do my slug testing if I can ever get the new superior heavy liner. When undecided I have a motto -- ''When in doubt, do without''. Here's what mine looks like.View attachment 103227
Were does Martin install his external plenum? From the bottom or inline in front of the bottle? Or does he use the valve chamber that's between the barrel and tank?

Were does Martin install his external plenum? From the bottom or inline in front of the bottle? Or does he use the valve chamber that's between the barrel and tank?
You can get decent power from a raw without an external plenum but shot count will not be great.
There are a couple of things worth trying first.
Replace the valve with a more efficient version, go with a short core reg or a huma to free up plenum space reduce the hammer pip length to allow it to attain more speed.

External plenum can fit either into bottom blanking plug, an extended valve retaining cap or an extension between block and reg.

Bb

6264020C-40B9-4918-B4B4-7A6DF99936DE.jpeg

A018F2BB-CC0B-4F55-8F1C-B5026BA8BCCD.jpeg