• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need input on first pcp!

Yes I’ll be getting tanks n all that. I’m also not really turned on to a more simple gun simply because it would be my first pcp. There’s something to be said for simplicity, but this dilemma is not on the table for me. I’ll be able to and happy to maintenance my rifles. I also am not looking for a 177 or 22 cal. This will not be my first air rifle just my first pcp. And I have plenty of powder burners. I need a gun that shoots at least 50ftlbs up to maybe 100. Eventually I’ll get a larger one specifically for large game and likely a smaller one perhaps a 22 for serious plinking n pesting shoot a tin of pellets on one tank type gun. The taipan didn’t make my list for 2 reasons: it’s a rear cocking gun and there’s not enough info on it for me to make an informed opinion. If I were to go for a gun similar to this it would be the Vulcan 30. But the shot count sucks on this gun with this caliber. It’s on my list for future 22 though once I get there.

Well DR.OCEANS. I have 4 of the 7 you mentioned. Really have to have some privacy most of your choice s. Ill speak of the 4 i have..my W C 1 IS A PERFECT HUNTER PLINKER NICE ALL AROUND B P ..the Impact is so versatile with all the add on and the accuracy cant be beat. So fun to shoot ..now on the RAWS i have a 30 and 25 cal with a 22 hi powerand AND A 357 CAL ordered ALL. HM1000X LRT STOCKS IM IN THE PROCESS OF JOINING A SHOOTING CLUB..THE.RAWS ARE TO LOUD AND POWERFUL FOR MY SET UP..BUT THE ARE AWESOME LOOKING AND PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT. SMH77 IS SOMEBODY YOU SHOULD PM HE SWAPS HIS RAW 25 AND 30 CAL BACK AND FORTH AND HAS WR[TTEN AWESOME REPORTS COVERING ALL ABOUT IT GOOD LUCK PAT. PM ME IF I CAN HELP

Thank you for the input. Would you highly recommend the impact? What caliber do u have?

Just some random thoughts from an old fart.

Accuracy: It's the barrel. Shoot ten stx 700mm barrels and one if increabley accurate, the others, not as good.

Bench accuracy is one thing, hunting or practical accuracy is another. All the guns mentioned will out shoot almost anyone in a hunting situation. I personally dont care if a certian gun shoots moa and another shoots 1.5 moa. Kill zones are not that finite. Hunting guns are not bench guns . In the woods or the field the ground isn't level, might be a breeze. Many shots are taken quickly in free hand position. The gun is better than me.

When you make the purchace:

When I buy something, I am not just buying product, I'm also buying the manufacture and the store that sold it. Customer service, support and integrety come with the product. 

FX Impact:

First of all the Impact was one of two guns in my finals. Maybe the Impact has a slight edge in long range accuracy compared to the Edgunr5m, but it is much longer with the 700mm x barrel. The versatility is greater with the Impact. However that versatility is not important to me. The more trigger time with a gun you have learned inside out will produce max results. 

Decsion matrix:

You set a number of 50fps I think. If thats priorty one, start there.

Bulldog model seems what you're most intrested in. Me too.

How about shot count? Important? If so a bottle gun will do. If so check out Wicked Air Rifles, TheWarp Or The Flex. Not true bullpups but "semi bullpup".

Being intimate with your weapon is key. I've used the same 16ga. for over 40 yrs, same cc gun for 15yrs and the .22lr for 8yrs. I shoot the same 40gr ss every time. I dont have to think, see it, shoot it.my Edgun will be the same. Tune for 34gr ammo and leave it alone. You may prefer to have more versitility than me, If so, I can absolutley understand. 

I hope you understand I mean no disrespect to you. You are where I was a bit over a year ago, so I understand what you're feeling. 

My point is by knowing your priorities and you intended use, the right gun will find you. 

Looking forwad to seeing what you get.

Bill..

Reactions: SvilenP
I like random thoughts. I like farts too, regardless of age! Lol. Yes sir. After talking with you guys and digging around more my short list has changed.

FX Impact X 30 long

Vulcan2 30

FX Warcat

Fairly certain a 30 cal is perfect for me, so that kinda bumps the Warcat. I love the looks of that Vulcan. But I very much dislike the shot count. If I run off to the woods I don’t know that 18 shots will ever be enough. Guess I’d have to take a guppy with me. Also there’s the issue of available info. Anyone have experience with these? Reckon I’ll start a new thread on them since I know something specific I think.

Drocean, if you decide on the Impact check out Utah Airguns. They offer a high capacity mag. Plus they are really good people. After multiple contacts with just about all the airgun dealers I felt Edgun West and Utah Airguns were 1& 2 in terms of knowlege and professionalism.

Of the guns remaining on your list the Impact checks all the boxes. Jessica at U.A.G. shoots an Impact. Also check out Ted's Holdover's video on his twin bottle .30 Impact. All the best, Bill (old fart).

If I want to buy new Pcp this is my choices.

1_ Impact

2_ S510 ultimate sporter XS

3_ Bobcat

4_ Huntsman regal xl with huma

It's for me. But I suggest before doing any purchases if you can pick some guns and check which one speak to you. Having extra shoots, lots of variable things, short or long barrel, more accurate or less accurate and etc is not as important as you have good feeling with a gun. Some times I want to get rid of impact and get a nice gun.

I believe someone who have several guns or changing them time by time didn't find a good one. One in 15 joules and high power would do any kind of jobs.

I don’t know ANYONE with a pcp except one guy with an Armada. I like it, but I want laser accuracy at 50-100yds and power. So I’m leaning Impact. I do wish I could shoot some of these first but chances are I won’t even see any of them in person before I get one. They’re just not that common around here. I’m currently in Naples, FL. This November-December I’m moving back to NE TX (Kilgore). If any of you are close to me here or will be once I’m back in Texas I’d be happy to shoot your guns before I decide!

I would take a look at the Bobcat Mk2 .30, definitely more power to be obtained than fx states. Accuracy is unreal, or with mine it is. I feel that it’s pretty light weight and I have been able to hit the 90 fpe mark. Oh yeh, 66gr Nielsen slugs shoot pretty well out of it. 
1535501776_8897920315b85e5d06b2269.66594962_D3A5D46C-F7B8-4D63-935B-B171D9348D70.jpeg
9 shot group at 75yds .68in ctc