• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Need information about PCP hand pump

Yeah I found this one for $62 came with bigger filters see View attachment 395627View attachment 395633
Looking good, approved! Do yourself a favor and check out Coby Leo's two-part video series on teardown/rebuild of HPA pump. He works for Topa Manufacturing out of China that makes most of these handpumps. You'll be an expert in no time. WM

Thank for your reply again
Okay could you tell me How long will serve me I mean let's say my gun need 24 strokes every time is need fill
So can this $50 will give me 100 times of use or (24 strokes per fill ×100) =2400 strokes? Is it possible
Well. . My crystal ball is broken but if you look you see they come with extra seals for any repair or future rebuild . It may last you a good while or a few pumps. Welcome to pcp.

Dude I can't see keeping moisture 100% out . But unless you just somehow real careless it's really not a big factor . Natural Condensation probly adds as much as a pump . Just do things as instructions show and should be fine and non issue. Like said slow steady controlled pumps so the pump don't heat up . Keep your filter thing checked and / or replace if you think needed . Maybe a drop of sillycone oil at the fill port periodically ( experience thing on how to and when to). With that your gun should be fine for a long time . Even a careless idiot like me would not worry about water damage unless it's been years of use ..lol

Reactions: WorriedMan
Well. . My crystal ball is broken but if you look you see they come with extra seals for any repair or future rebuild . It may last you a good while or a few pumps. Welcome to pcp.

Dude I can't see keeping moisture 100% out . But unless you just somehow real careless it's really not a big factor . Natural Condensation probly adds as much as a pump . Just do things as instructions show and should be fine and non issue. Like said slow steady controlled pumps so the pump don't heat up . Keep your filter thing checked and / or replace if you think needed . Maybe a drop of sillycone oil at the fill port periodically ( experience thing on how to and when to). With that your gun should be fine for a long time . Even a careless idiot like me would not worry about water damage unless it's been years of use ..lol
My cousin has scuba cylinder ( as I remember it's about 3ft ) he rarely use it since he not hunting anymore because he has eye surgery after unfortunately he didn't get well after but I am shy to asking him to borrow it but if I ask him surely he will hand it to me
So let say for example 3 liter cylinder 300bar how many times fill for my 50cc 20 bar Diana bandit

My cousin has scuba cylinder ( as I remember it's about 3ft ) he rarely use it since he not hunting anymore because he has eye surgery after unfortunately he didn't get well after but I am shy to asking him to borrow it but if I ask him surely he will hand it to me
So let say for example 3 liter cylinder 300bar how many times fill for my 50cc 20 bar Diana bandit
That I don't know.. I id think the hand pump with that pistol would be more convenient.

May as well ask . He may give it to someone else if you don't not knowing you can use it .

I don't know if you can use a fill calculator to figure that out or not

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
I use a hand pump for all my guns. I have a 1701P with a tiny reservoir, gigantic shot count. It takes about 18 to 20 strokes on my hand pump to go from 1800PSI to 2800PSI. Everything stays very cool.
By comparison, it takes 45 to 60 strokes to fill my Marauder rifle. I always stop every 40-50 strokes and bleed the line and then let everything cool off a few minutes before continuing (if necessary).
If you take care of the pump, don't let it overheat and bleed often, it and your gun(s) should last a long time. My Mrod has been filled this way since 2014 and has no evidence of any moisture inside the tube. I am on my second hand pump as of 2 years ago.

Here is an example of how good the 50 bucks shipped China pumps are,

I bought this pump 5 years ago

The pump still looks new and all I had to fix was 2 or 3 times the check valve O-ring failed, that repair takes about 5 minutes

With the 300 bucks plus shipping HILL pumps I used to have ( 8 of them ) I had to do a rebuild at least every 6 months and the rebuild kit was 38 bucks plus shipping, also all the Hills I had developed severe pitting on the main tube in just a few months,.......I don't think any HILL pump lasted me 5 years.

Here is an example of how good the 50 bucks shipped China pumps are,

I bought this pump 5 years ago

The pump still looks new and all I had to fix was 2 or 3 times the check valve O-ring failed, that repair takes about 5 minutes

With the 300 bucks plus shipping HILL pumps I used to have ( 8 of them ) I had to do a rebuild at least every 6 months and the rebuild kit was 38 bucks plus shipping, also all the Hills I had developed severe pitting on the main tube in just a few months,.......I don't think any HILL pump lasted me 5 years.
Same one I have as backup and it's been rock solid. Lasted better than Hill, Logun, FX pumps costing $$$

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Same one I have as backup and it's been rock solid. Lasted better than Hill, Logun, FX pumps costing $$$
Yup that is the reality of things nowadays, these generic China pumps are just plain phenomenal ........what you get for the price is a fantastic bang for the buck.

Back in the day when there was only HILLs and FXs available I would have never imagined that the Chinese would eventually come up with such an exceptional product for such a great price.

Yup that is the reality of things nowadays, these generic China pumps are just plain phenomenal ........what you get for the price is a fantastic bang for the buck.

Back in the day when there was only HILLs and FXs available I would have never imagined that the Chinese would eventually come up with such an exceptional product for such a great price.
Probably chian pumps until the patent ran ( cpp pay off policy) out then the Chinese took the production over ..lol.

Thanks a lot guys all of you thank you so much for sharing your experiences
So this is my only fears ( hand pump over time damaged my gun because of moisture inside the tube then rust then goodbye my PCP gun) so to avoid this and pump the air safety is adding filters ( wondering what type fit $50-60 hand pump) and not get the pump to overheat so I don't mind if I split the filling operation to 2 part (14 strokes then rest pump to cool for like 10-15 min then 14 strokes again to complete the fill) is that should be good for not getting water or moisture anyhow

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Something I've been doing for many years is to run 3 pumps at a time, so I only go for about 30 strokes then swap pump, that way they really never get hot and I have no downtime waiting for the cool down period, just keep swapping and keep pumping ;)
Wow, this is the best suggestion I've seen. Why didn't I think of this myself? Use extra pumps and rotate, no overheating, no downtime. Thank you so mucus for your idea.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66