• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need ideas/help finding a new scope

Criteria:

FFP

Fairly fine(not super thick) reticle at higher magnification(the ones some people complain about being hard to see at lower power)

Fairly clean mil reticle with dot in center(no "Christmas tree")

Turrets/tracking good enough to dial/click, and big enough to hold marking tape

Parallax focus down to 10 yards

Magnification- good enough to see .22 slug holes at +100 yards(good quality 18 or 20x is fine)

Extra super duper glass "quality" is lower priority

Budget $2000

Criteria:

FFP

Fine reticle at higher magnification(the ones some people complain about being hard to see at higher power)

Fairly clean mil reticle with dot in center(no "Christmas tree"

Turrets/tracking good enough to dial/click, and big enough to hold marking tape

Parallax focus down to 10 yards

Magnification- good enough to see .22 slug holes at +100 yards

The more compact/lightweight, the better

Extra super duper glass "quality" is lower priority

Budget $2000

Nice.

Don't know. Mine have functioned flawlessly.

I have a question- 

Since Element came out with the new and improved FFP Helix(which supposedly has much better turrents for clicking), why do they ONLY offer it with a dirty holdover(Christmas tree style) reticle?????

When I was researching Helix FFP, I saw a YouTube video where I recall it being said that they believed that the FFP version of the scope was likely to appeal more to shooters who would prefer to dial so they were offering it with only the Christmas tree reticle. I can't recall which video it was.

You could also email Element Optics directly and ask them. I've sent them inquiries a few times and they've gotten back to me very quickly.