Need Help

Hmmm! Guess I better take another look at the pictures of the base of the X Sight. I don't have the scope in hand yet. The scope is on it's way but I don't yet have it to look at. All I have is youtube videos that show the base of the scope. These adapters look a bit short to my recollection. Maybe I'm wrong. Do you have a Condor with an X Sight mounted to it? Are you sure these work?

"Str8tshooter"I use the Sportsmatch RB5
WOW! Those babies are expensive! But so is everything else in this hobby. My trouble is I don't yet have the X Sight in my hands so I can look at the base of the scope to be sure what is required. All I have are youtube videos to look at and I can't tell for sure if these are exactly what I need. I don't have any experience at all with Picatinny. I've never had anything but dovetail. I'd hate to spend $55 plus S/H to find out they won't fit the scope, or they won't fit the Condor, or both. Do you have a Condor with an X Sight II mounted with these adapters?

Here's what's on my Condor right now: https://www.amazon.com/Airforce-AirForce-Tri-Rail-Base/dp/B001BR4XWC/ref=pd_sim_200_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001BR4XWC&pd_rd_r=DPFG4MQZ7T51G47SJS38&pd_rd_w=sgsoA&pd_rd_wg=YJggb&psc=1&refRID=DPFG4MQZ7T51G47SJS38

It's called an Airforce Tri-rail and it has 2 dovetail rails; one above the other. The top one is 11 mm. The one just below it is a little over 3/4 inch wide (22 mm???).

The reason I ask is because somewhere I saw a picture of the mounting area on the X Sight. The picture seemed to show 2 screws holding the Picatinny part to the bottom of the scope as though it could be removed. In that case, with the Picatinny part removed, it appears that the X Sight would then mount directly to the wider (22 mm) of the two dovetail rails (the bottom one on the Tri-rail). I'm thinking I'll call ATN and ask them about this. On their website near the bottom of the page, ATN lists the various specifications of the scope. Where it describes the "Mount", it says, "Picatinny, interchangeable". Interchangeable to what?

This would indicate to me that it is very possible that the Picatinny part of the X Sight can be removed and then can simply be mounted to the 22 mm dovetail rail on the Airforce Tri-rail. That means I don't have to buy any adapters at all and the X Sight will mount to my existing dovetail rail.

Am I making sense?

Here's what others use for their X Sight II scopes and also other Picatinny accessories on their Airforce Condors: https://www.amazon.com/Airforce-AirForce-11mm-to-Weaver-Adapter/dp/B008JH12JO

I could use it too, but, it's ridiculously expensive. And I'm wondering if it's even necessary, especially if ATN tells me that the Picatinny part on their X Sight can be removed from the scope. In that case I'll remove it and just mount it directly to the 22 mm dovetail on my existing Airforce Tri-rail.

Although Picatinny is altogether new to me, I see it's place, especially on magnum spring guns and magnum powder burners. But on an Airforce Condor? I'll grudgingly pop for an adapter if I need one. But I'll find an inexpensive one made of aluminum or something if I have to. Those spring loaded adapters look interesting, but I can't yet visualize how they work.

I think before I do anything, I'm going to call ATN and ask them what they mean when they describe their mount as, "Picatinny, interchangeable". If that means what I think it means, I'm already good to go. When the X Sight gets here, I'll remove those two screws holding on the Picatinny part and remove it altogether and just mount it directly onto the 22 mm dovetail rail that I already have on the Airforce Tri-rail.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I have the X-Sight 2 and the Sportsmatch mounts is the ones I use. The one Tom linked would probably work also. You can check out my build at atnowners site under builds.
The only issue that comes to mind with the Air Force mounts is in the Software the Scope hight setting only goes so high? But I do not use that feature and if others are using it, it probably is not an issue.

Eric

Hotled, I didn't pay $600 for the scope. Nowhere near that price. What I paid for the scope is not the issue anyway. Nor am I saying that $40 is too much for those mounts. But I'm not shooting a magnum. I'm shooting a tamed down Airforce Condor that has no recoil and no need for a $40 mount built to withstand magnum torture. Something cheap and light should do just fine. I'll know what to do as soon as the scope arrives and I make a call to ATN and ask some questions. I was only hoping to find another Condor owner who had already found the least expensive and most appropriate mounts for the Condor/X Sight union.

Eric, you raise an issue that I never even thought of before you brought it up. The distance between the center-line of the bore and the center-line of the scope possibly being greater than the limits of the ballistics calculator software. I will be greatly disappointed if it is too much and beyond the limits of the software. The ballistics calculator is one of the main reasons why I wanted an X Sight. And I'm glad you brought it up before I choose a Picatinny mount. The lower, the better! When I call ATN, I'll ask them and see what they say about it. It may be that this scope isn't well suited for the AirForce guns. Maybe it can be compensated for through firmware changes. Thanks for your help.

"Str8tshooter"BeemanR7, sorry I am not able to give you more specific information, I have not used the Scope in awhile and I am currently away from home. I am not even sure if I have the latest firmware? Going by memory I think I have .619? If you are not aware you will certainly want to use an external battery.
I ordered the Kentli batteries and charger and also the external battery pack with cable and pouch to mount on the gun. I should be good to go on power. I also ordered those inexpensive UTG adapters that Tom suggested. Just looking at the pictures took me awhile to comprehend how they work. But it finally dawned on me. I think they'll work just fine. What I like the most about them besides the price is that they don't add height. You raised the issue about height and the risk of being too high for the ballistics calculator. I think that's a valid concern and these adapters are the lowest ones I've seen. Thanks for your input.