Need Help XISICO GX-E-CS3 Compressor

So I've had this little compressor for almost a year now and I have been very pleased with it. Not a single issue in almost a year of use. Fast forward to Wednesday, I used it and put it away in my truck like I always do. Two days later I decide to unload my stuff from my truck and noticed the compressor was laying on its side and there was oil coming from the bag that it lives in. I don't know but I'm assuming it was on its side for 24-48 hours before I noticed this. I let it sit upright for a few hours and opened it up to clean it and check the oil level, it was way low. Cleaned everything really good and did the maintenance on it from the video that I found online that Travis W posted.

Started the compressor and it ran perfectly fine until I noticed some very weird little hiccups but it kept pumping away no problem. My issue is when I went to bleed the compressor some really black junk came out of it. I then plugged the line and did several bleed bursts and it kept spitting this black oily residue out. I'm wondering if this is normal after its very first maintenance or if the compressor is not liking the new oil I used OR if it got gummed up from being on its side for a long period of time. Its still working but this black stuff made me ask, is there possible something going on?

Here are some pictures of the compressor and the oily residue and the oil I used.

20220212_213105.1644731541.jpg
20220212_212341.1644731542.jpg
20220212_212259.1644731543.jpg
20220212_212024.1644731544.jpg
20220212_211951.1644731545.jpg

I have and oil bath CS3. The only time it has given me problems is when I overfilled the oil level. It only takes about 1.5 oz to fill it from empty. I would get an occasional klump klump sound when it was running overfilled. You can pass oily residue around the piston rings which would come out on the bleed tube. how much oil did you put in?? 

I have and oil bath CS3. The only time it has given me problems is when I overfilled the oil level. It only takes about 1.5 oz to fill it from empty. I would get an occasional klump klump sound when it was running overfilled. You can pass oily residue around the piston rings which would come out on the bleed tube. how much oil did you put in??

Not sure how much I put in, I did what the video said, I filled to about 1/4" below the threads when standing the compressor in its upright position.

I know there are a lot of debates on this topic, but I would get some actual high pressure compressor oil if it were mine and not use that regular cheap hydraulic oil.
I ran really good, expensive Mobile DTE 25 AW46 in a Yong heng a few years ago and developed problems eventually. It ended up killing that compressor over the course of a year. Yes, I used it a lot, but didn’t overheat it. 
Get a good synthetic meant for breathing air compressors, something like Chemlube 800 or Coltri ST 755. Running petroleum based oil will carbon up your valves a lot faster.

This is a bit of a loaded subject, that said, I use high dollar, high pressure compressor oil. Royal purple is not rated for these pressures, and may combust in the hp piston, causing smell and carbon fouling, leading to early failure. Many will disagree, but in my experience it’s worth the extra cost…ymmv

+1

That’s why I suggested the oil I did. Many have used the Royal people as well but I wouldn’t.

I appreciate the responses regarding the oil. I might just have to bite the bullet and order one of the suggested ones at a later time. Although I do trust what Travis put in these compressors as he had a lot to do with this particular model from Xiciso and all the testing he did before this came to market, this was the reason I purchased this compressor in the first place.

Again, thank you very much for the suggestions and recommendations.

Just thought I'd give a little update on my compressor. I used a syringe and got all the oil out and re-filled (1.5 oz) with Royal Purple. Cleaned the plunger and did three 15 minute runs. Seems to be cleaning itself somehow, as less and less of that black oily residue is coming out. I think from the compressor being on its side got some oil in places where there should be no oil and fouled it up. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it fixes itself over time (not much shooting lately). If it continues to purge that oily stuff, I will open it up and clean the internals. I really like this little compressor, it just chugs away.

hey just chiming in.
i was told by the vendor of my Xisico
to only use 1.25 oz. he said at 1.5 oz it
spits out allot gets into places it shouldn’t be basically floods it .
the xisico co. days 1.5 oz
but my vendor found that 1.5 oz was too much and his experience with the compressors he sells found that 1.25 was the ideal amount . also using PAG COMPRESSOR OIL WORKS THE BEST.
I’m coming up on 2 years with my Xisico
with only one oil change 🤠 happy hunting

Reactions: Wiseguy and TC724
hey just chiming in.
i was told by the vendor of my Xisico
to only use 1.25 oz. he said at 1.5 oz it
spits out allot gets into places it shouldn’t be basically floods it .
the xisico co. days 1.5 oz
but my vendor found that 1.5 oz was too much and his experience with the compressors he sells found that 1.25 was the ideal amount . also using PAG COMPRESSOR OIL WORKS THE BEST.
I’m coming up on 2 years with my Xisico
with only one oil change 🤠 happy hunting
Thanks for that information. I'm happy to report that my compressor is still working just fine with that Royal purple I used. It did spit out that black stuff for a while but it went away after a short period, it seems to work fine. Thank you for the recommendation of only using 1.25 oz. I will try that on the next oil change. I'm very happy with this compressor, even though I have an earlier version (external power converter), I would buy this compressor again.