• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

need help with Williams FP-ag-tk

Upon everyone's recommendation on witch sight to buy (low line of sight or high line of sight) I bought the above sight. Wouldn't you know it, the gun shoots 7" high at 22 yards with the sight lowered all the way. Does anyone know of a riser that will fit the front sight dovetails on a HW35? If there is, I can't find it. I really want to use it, if it won't work out I will scope the gun(maybe) or just use the factory sights. I can always try the sight on my CZ452fs. With my luck it won't work on it either and I will have a $70 piece of aluminum in my parts drawer until I die. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it! Thanks----

Bend your barrel down that's real simple or if you're too scared then just glue a small piece of plastic clamshell wrap you need an exacto to cut open color it black or paint it fluorescent neon to extend the front sight insert a little higher. A piece of throw away used up credit or gift card may work too if not too thick.

Thanks Yo, I took some measurements and to extend the front sight, it would put the blade right at the top of the hood. Call me chicken, but as far as bending the barrel, with my luck I would bend it off to the side as well as down. I can do mechanical things, but I know my limits and have no doubt I would really screw up an accurate barrel.

I think you'll save yourself frustration, hit the target more often, and not need to deal with scope stops if you find the Williams sight migrates on the HW35 with what is really the best solution, an Anschutz 6207. Save the Williams for an R7-HW30 or other low power AG?
1597867802_11934461155f3d871aa6ab98.39930332.jpg

CC does sell an 8.5 mm riser block set for FWB, PN 17529152. The HW front rail is 8.5 mm so they might fit. I would call and verify that the 8.5 mm refers to the rail width and not the riser height. My old style Anschutz front sight is a very loose fit on the HW front rail, both cut and swaged. In fact it is probably not useable on the swaged rail without shimming. That makes me wonder if the sights and risers designed for the old style "standard base" will fit the HW rifles without modification. Maybe not. It seems every manufacturer has developed their own set of rail specifications that can make interchangeability a bit hit or miss.

The receiver-spring tube and barrel relationship, and the front sight on the R1 and HW35E are the same. A Williams FP AG sight works well on an R1; it must work on a HW35. As Yo implied, you barrel must be bent upwards. Try to look down the axis of the gun and see if you detect the upwards direction? I'd be afraid to bend it up too!

I'm in agreement with YO on this one. For the quick, easy and free solution, I'd bend the barrel.

My basement stairs don't have risers, just treads. For barrel bending, I just stick the barrel in between two stair treads and bend to the desired amount, shoot it and do more if needed. start out with small pressure to get the feel for it. You don't even need to take the gun apart, maybe just the front sight. take care to protect the blueing. it just takes a nudge or two in the right direction and you will be right on target. the first time i did it, i thought about it for days and then went for it, it was over in a minute and that Diana now uses an optically centered scope. an alternative to my stair method, you can go out to the woods and find two close together trees to lever the barrel in between, as well. 

when using your factory sights, are they maxed out or in the middle of their range? i have gone from factory weihrauch sights to the fp-ag with out this problem.