Need help with value — Benelli Kite

Have the opportunity to aquire 2 Benelli Kite air pistols. Come with 5 air cylinders.
Purchased by my wife’s grandfather in 2010. He recently passed at 98 years old.

Myself and my son would like to keep these guns in the family. No one else wants them.
There is not much about these guns on the web. Pricing back in 2010 was a grand each. Who knows how much the air cylinders where.

Also have 25,000 champion choice pellets. Yes, 50 unopened tins. Also comes with 3 scuba tanks. Do not know if aluminum or steel. Do not know date on them.

I’m just looking for some fair market values to give to his wife, my sons great grandmother. She’s 97. They where married for 75 years.

thanks for any help.

863D9BD4-2F56-4BFF-94A4-33135F967266.jpeg

6ACF8848-E0A4-4FA1-86DC-2A79FAC19063.jpeg

The only prices that I could find, were at $1000, used. But that was a 2007 timeframe.

Being that hard parts would most likely be a big time problem if required, not counting o-rings (!)...

Tough being a family deal. On one hand, you want to be more than fair, on the other, you don't want to overspend by too much.

Being that they appear complete, with the factory boxes, the extra cylinders, the sights and mounts (won't find THOSE anymore !), I'd say between $900 and $1000 each is pretty fair. Yeah, you gotta add in a lifetime worth of the pellets too !

One big thing, do you have the fitting to fill the cylinders with air ? A hand air pump is all that should be required to fill the cylinders if you plan on shooting them. I also have a 10m target pistol, and that's what I use to fill it. I use my big cylinder to fill my rifles that have much larger air tanks/cylinders.

Seems that they were pretty heavily used in a couple of different Olympic Games.

Mike

I would have to imagine the fitting needed to fill with air is there somewhere. He was shooting these up until he couldn’t which luckily was just this summer.
might still be on the pump , that's where my fitting lives , also watch YouTube video on how to use the pump , different than using a bicycle pump

"Myself and my son would like to keep these guns in the family. No one else wants them."

That being the case, you are the most qualified buyer. And that being the case, $2000 for the whole shooting match is a reasonable price.

I bought a used Benelli Kite (Kid model) about 15 years ago for $675, and love it. MoF I captured a National Champion title with it at the 2012 U.S. Field Target National Championships; destroying the rest of the Sporter Pistol field.

But in decades of buying, selling and trading hundreds of airguns, your's are the only other Kites I've seen or heard about in the U.S. Hence, assigning an intelligent market value is not possible.

Kite and trophy.JPG

Had to send my Kite to Benelli USA about 5 years ago for reseal, and can't say I was impressed with the work or customer service.

As one of extremely few individuals in the U.S. with ANY knowledge about Benelli Kites, feel free to personal message me for more details I'd be happy to share (in a phone conversation).

Kite one-holer.JPG

AAP new cover.jpg

Reactions: moodyblues