Need help with tune info fx m3 jsb monster redesigned .22 25.39gr

So utah air tuned my gun for .30cal 44.75 jsb pellets when I bought the gun new and I just bought a .22 barrel kit changed the barrel and pellet probe nothing else and the .22 25.39 monsters are shooting almost exact same speed as the .30 jsb 44.75s @860-871 haven't changed anything except macro wheel and I put it back cuase I'm still only shooting 870fps on 16 macro. But again it's tuned for .30cal shouldn't it be shooting these .22s much much faster ???

Likely going to need more second reg pressure. Probably best in the 140 range with .22. The smaller the caliber the higher pressure needed since the cross section is smaller. You should bump up the first reg as well because if they are anywhere near close to each other you can get crazy spreads if your first reg bounces erratically as most tend to.

Reactions: qball
Yes, you will need way different settings, especially with a 500mm barrel. 140b minimum on the second reg and you could wind up around 150b. You’ll need a clean tune and you also might wind up playing the liner game depending how picky you are. These pellets shoot best over a broad speed range depending on your combo. Life may have been a little easier if you went with another 600mm. But your gun will still shoot them. It will just be all cranked up like you’re shooting slugs.

@Lewis Why does it make such an extreme spread fluctuation if the 1st &2nd regs are close in psi? Do you know what causes that? & to both of you guys if i bump 2nd reg up to 140 and leave 1st at 150 would that be enough difference in pressure and would i still be able to shoot .30 44.75s with that 140bar 2nd reg ? Or is that too extreme? From 100 to 140 for .30

The issue is the first reg in the M3 is known to fluctuate by as much as 50 bar from shot to shot. Look at it while you take a shot and see where it settles. do this 5 or 10 times and you will see it probably doesn't land in the same place each time. the problem is when those numbers overlap with the second reg. For example, if your first reg is set to 150 and your second reg is set to 125 your shot may be 800fps. If, on your next shot the first reg only settles at 100 then your next shot will only have 100 available to the second reg and your shot may be 750. Large extreme spreads in velocity affect accuracy, especially at longer distances.
I hope this makes sense.

I had the same issues with my new MK 3 .25 cal. I spent 35.00 for a Saber Tactical 1st reg. delete fitting and I took the 1st reg. out and installed the Saber Tactical fitting and those problems went away......
I haven't found any need to install the reg delete kit. You can simply turn it up so far that it no longer effects the shot string or even remove the guts of the reg with no ill effect. I have my first reg set to 200+ bar so I can fill the bottles to 300 or just tether my tank and leave it wide open. I have not yet had it interfere with my ES or SD based on the differential settings of my 2nd reg. Does the reg delete fitting allow faster refill of the second regulator for speed shooting? I may be missing something else.

I haven't found any need to install the reg delete kit. You can simply turn it up so far that it no longer effects the shot string or even remove the guts of the reg with no ill effect. I have my first reg set to 200+ bar so I can fill the bottles to 300 or just tether my tank and leave it wide open. I have not yet had it interfere with my ES or SD based on the differential settings of my 2nd reg. Does the reg delete fitting allow faster refill of the second regulator for speed shooting? I may be missing something else.
I don't think the Saber Tactical fitting does anything different than what you have done....I found for me it was more simple to just remove it.