• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need help with tank recommendation

Hi, wanted to know recommendations on the best dot tank and the size tank that I should get. Initial fill at dive shop. Then would like to use my yong heng for top offs. Is there much difference between tiger shark, patriot, omega etc. What would be best? Only have direct filled airguns. Are there any other adapters etc. that I would have to buy with these tanks to fill at dive shop or at home? Thanks for your advise in advance.

Ty Biohazard. I was afraid great white too big for yh but now will do. Like yall said bigger better.

i am thinking about a compressor, and which one...i think the reason some tell you not to fill a big tank with a small compressor is the length of run time. i must assume that as long as you don't run the compressor too long so it overheats, filling a large tank is the same as filling a smaller tank several times, except maybe it is going to run at higher pressure longer to "top off the tank". i think maybe i will just run it for short periods (as long as it would take to top off a bottle on a rifle) multiple times.

To make it easy on your compressor consider taking a large, empty, new tank to a dive shop, fire station, or paintball shop for the first fill. This may be especially helpful if you don’t own or have access to a heavy-duty compressor. I think the OP has the right idea here. I have no idea what the difference is quality wise. I have noticed that the different ones you listed have different valve assemblies. It’s a good idea to take into consideration the valve you’re getting on your tank. Also it’s a plus to have a gauge that reads internal tank pressure as well as an output pressure gauge.