Need help with my suppressor

Hello evereybody,

i need your help and ideas.

i have mount a suppressor (umarex k3 neo) on my umarex Reign 5,5mm in 60joules but all my shoots were away from my target, the dealer had made a exchange with the same model but a other series with a bigger hole at the end of the silencer. But i still have the same problem..

1586783134_21449464985e94639ed03de4.00102567.jpeg

On the first silencer the Pellet touch all the piece in the silencer and touch hard the end one.

1586783196_16311923805e9463dcb950a2.35770821.jpeg

on the second silencer the Pellet touch only the end of the silencer.

1586783103_2892023435e94637fdc3336.53452194.jpeg

1586783344_18480705445e946470598cd1.18755443.jpeg

what can i try to solve my problem? Drill a bigger hole on this piece ? The pellet caliber is .22 and the hole is +/- 7,5mm

the umarex reign is really loud without silencer.. i don’t want to have problems with my neighbour!

thanks you for your help! 

jerome 

You have an alignment issue that has nothing to do with your suppressor. You are trying to mask the issue by using a suppressor with a giant hole in it. Your shroud isn’t right. I just fixed this issue on a gun. The air stripper on the end of the barrel centers the shroud. Either the air strippers threads aren’t centered or your threads on your barrel aren’t centered. Pull your shroud and roll it on a smooth surface and make sure it isn’t bent first.

Having to enlarge the opening bigger than 7.5mm isn’t a good sign but at the same time, enlarging it a bit more isn’t going to make a significant difference in the report so I wouldn’t hesitate to do so.

As to the root cause of the misalignment, I can’t determine from the diagram what is responsible for keeping the barrel centered within the shroud but I would take a close look at that. Usually there is some sort of bushing that slips over the muzzle that centers it, and for it to work right, it needs to be nice slip fit on both the OD of the barrel and the ID of the shroud. Some slight slop in the machining tolerances will translate to a large deviation in the path of the pellet several inches downstream where the suppressor is. If either feature is loose, wrap the parts with tape until a slip fit is achieved.

Okay thanks for the exploded photo. The hollowed out black piece that threads onto the muzzle serves the part of the bushing I was describing. For it to work right, it needs to be threaded down fully at both ends. If anything is preventing it from threading down tight on either end, there will be no preload on the threads and there will be an opportunity for it to contribute to misalignment. 

Regarding how its OD fits into the shroud, I don’t know if it will matter in this case. If the suppressor threads directly to this piece, it won’t matter. If the suppressor attaches in some other way, it may. Either way, I can’t see how it would hurt to wrap a couple of turns of tape around each end until it’s a slip fit. 

Can’t see for sure, but it looks like a big fat o ring on the end of the air stripper that might be keeping your suppressor from bottoming out on a shoulder like it needs to. If that is the case, there’s your allignment issue. If there is a shoulder there that I can’t see, then there is either a shoulder that is not square to the bore or the threads are really far out of allignment. A closer picture of the air stripper would help a little. 

Air stripper of that design are terrible (IMHO). Yes is allows max air into the shroud, but at the expense of strength. It is just like the Brocock. Just a bit too much torque and it's bent (twisted). Just a little bit and the exit of the stripper is no longer centered.

When you install it you need to tighten it by using only the portion of it that encompasses the barrel thread. Otherwise it will bend.

If you put your air stripper on the barrel, then put your barrel in a lathe and spin it, you are going to see the air stripper wobbling. A machinist can fix it but if its the threaded end of your barrel causing the problem, (like in my case), the barrel will have to be cut and threaded again. I know its easier for an airgunner to donate a kidney than to send a gun back, but you should send it back. Alignment of all the components of a shroud is critical. When guys hang long cans on the end of their shrouds, perfect machining is even more critical.

Hello,

I have some news With my suppressor , i waited to receive a huma inline regulator to fit it on my scuba tank before make any test to be sure that I have the same output pressure.

i began to setup my scope with the moderator mounted.

i try 3 differents pellets:

Jsb exact 1.030,

Jsb exact 1,175 

H&N match 1,37

(cleaned and lubbed) with cleaned barrel.

@13m I have great groups with all the pellets, a little greater with the exact 1,175 but i should setup my scope a little down and right I think.

After that I go to 23 meters and it’s now that the problems begin...

all my shoots shift up.. horrible group with the H&N 1.37?! The Aimpoint is the target in the center..
Should I setup my scope at 23m?

1587290572_8117582635e9c21ccac5614.25824639.jpeg

1587290598_17615420355e9c21e67a9a43.33114630.jpeg

Then I removed the suppressor.. always at 23meters

1587290854_14964119375e9c22e6324306.72017549.jpeg

what is conclusion? 
Is It possible that the suppressor decrease the accuracy at that point?

Can I get a better result if I purchase a better moderator (I’m thinking at a donnyfl sumo or shogun if it’s not a problem to use it with .22 caliber..)?

thanks you for your help!