• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Need Help With Evanix Max Air 2

Hello All,

Need some help with this gun, on multiple fronts, but to start with I need to quiet it down so I can actually shoot it more to be able to address other issues. Its a

.22cal. Just got done trying a DonnyFL Sumo moderator (the only suggestion offered by Air Gun Pro Shop), still so loud. The most offensive noise is a loud PING I

get right after trigger pull, you can hear it in some of the videos of the gun on You Tube or Air Gun Pro Shop, others have it edited out or yet others sound

completely different. I am still new to all this comparatively speaking and you guys are the Pro's we have to lean on, so anyone with knowledge of this gun or

Evanix guns please give me a hand.

I appreciate your time reading this and giving any thoughts you have on the matter.
Thanks,
PewPew
or 

WD

realized I posted in the wrong thread and reposted here sorry for confusion.

Also having pellet strikes in the shroud, on the cone first, then the end cap after removing cone. If it matters in solving or diagnosing the issue.

Had a magazine break on its 2nd time through the gun, I heard they are easy to work on but I need some reputable sources of info before I start.

Finish on the stock is coming off already (owned for less than a few weeks), how easy is it to replace the stock and does anyone have the supposed "double dipped" stocks I've heard mentioned here and there?

If you have one of these guns, have you watched your gauge as you filled the gun? Did anything weird happen? Mine did but I'll get to that in another post.

Thanks again.

Looks like you got a real lemon here!

I would send it back if it's only a few weeks old to have a broken a magazine in only 2 times use and stock finish coming off plus even more bad news you have omitted? It's not a $300 AVENGER!!! This ain't right!!!

Return it!!!

I would request the dealer to send free shiping label on their dime too...

all sales are final.

I know sucks hearing those words.... but that is why Im reading all return polices before buying from now on.

SO before getting all mad and demanding poop, doing charge backs, notifying the Better Business bureau, etc..... I'm trying to work with what I got. And Rick at the Pro Shop is at least offering up some solutions, springs to rebuild mags, exchange stock (we'll see), possible rebuild on trigger group (again we'll see, not if its going to cost me, warranty work fine).... 

Sucks for a first Airgun experience, well not first but in this league it was, so give me whatever options you'll get that come to mind. 

Well got a response from Saddle Mountain, they said a de-Pinger would help with the noise from the bolt area, but they do not offer them. Anyone know where I can get one and how hard are they to install? special tools? If i can solve this issue then at least I can shoot enough to address the other issues. man this is not how I envisioned my first month or two into this hobby. So de-pinger, for Evanix air tanks anyone know where?

Degass the gun and unscrew the fill port use a smooth end of a proper size drill bit through the probe hole. Measure the ID then go to ACE Hardware or Home Depot or Lowes or NAPA or a marine boating supply store and buy rubber grommets that look like this that will fit snug (larger than your air tube ID) you want a super tight shoved in fit and use a wooden dowel to push all the way in. Second one 2/3 to 3/4 in is fine. Use silicone divers grease first to lube before sliding in. You are using these to dampen the sound resonance when shot. 

Screenshot_2020-10-20-09-04-032.1603221245.png

An update, It took them a while to get back to me but both Air Gun Pro Shop and Evanix have emailed me back. now its a matter of follow through I guess, some offers were made to help fix issues but we'll see what happens. 

Saddle Mountain has gone out of their way for me and has offered to send out a depinger. I'll post pictures when / if (don't wanna jinx anything) it gets here. But that was a really pleasant experience.

One thing that has sorta thrown me for a loop is that only people on here (the 2 forums I'm mainly on) suggested the depinger, both Air Gun Pro Shop and Evanix seemed to not understand or know what a depinger is. I thought these were common place in most airguns these days, am I wrong? 

well cross your fingers for me its taken a week and a few days to get this far.

The Max Air II and I have spent a lot of time together and the level of silence that you are looking for is a combination airtube ping and the action itself. The mechanical action itself is a violent and undampened process and there really is nothing that can be done to soften that noise without introducing a recocking issue.

I have tried to introduce some dampening methods myself on the three PCP's I have and in every instance once the dampening was installed the PCP would not cycle and reload properly. The sound of the action slapping in the breech block carries through the rigid aluminum frame and is amplified in the pressure tube.

I hope the depinger works for you and look forward to your results.

Just an update, with sadly, not much to report. 

Since I post in a few forum spots and Reddit I've been getting a bit of feed back (especially on Reddit)and/or asking Questions about, or telling me their experiences with Air Gun Pro Shop and Evanix guns. But I figured I would keep this and all my other postings updated so people will get a current view of Air Gun Pro Shop and Evanix. 
When I get more of a chance I'll post details about my gun (I keep copious notes and records) and everything that is still wrong, and current plan to fix it. Air Gun Pro Shop seems to reply only once a week, so I guess my problems could take a while to get sorted. Though they did send me a bunch of helpful links on fixing the gun and a part number blue print, but none that addressed my issues, regardless good links for when other things go wrong.

One good thing out of this so far is a place recommended to me from another forum, Saddle Mountain Gunsmith. This is the place that I told them my problem (loud "PING" the gun makes), they responded with a possible solution and followed through with sending me a part all within a week. Thanks Will Piatt!

Odoyle,

Yeah mine has a really distinct PING along with what you are explaining, it is a loud gun especially for the operator. Did you have any issues with your stocks finish rubbing off? or Air gauge issues? I've heard (and had my own) that magazine springs breaking is quite common with this model, what has your experience been?

thanks for your other replies, many people have been offering helpful advice such as "**** Evanix" and "Air Gun Pro Shop is "scammers, or dishonest",

I'm just trying to fix all these issues hopefully with the help of Air Gun Pro Shop and your replies have given me some ideas so Thanks.

Update time,

Well Rick at Air Gun Pro Shop sent out a new stock to me and some retaining springs for my broken magazine. The new stock is some type of dense plastic, maybe ABS, not sure what it is but I'll put it on this weekend and go from there. So all in all it's taken about a month and several emails back and forth, as well as to Evanix, to get this far. No word on the other issues, but he said he is going to be posting some videos to YouTube soon that should help me figure out why there is pellet strikes inside the shroud or maybe he meant maintience videos and I would be able to see what the problem was from there. He seems really busy. 

Trigger problems with my MaxairII. First time AGPS fixed it, 2nd time they sent me parts and I did it myself. Polymer stock started peeling too. Swapped it out for wood but had to pay quite a bit for the upgrade then I had to use epoxy to fix the poor fitting stock. Now the sumbitch is leaking. I need to see it is from the gauge or o-ring...maybe fill port. Very disappointed in the quality for the money paid.

Hello All,

Need some help with this gun, on multiple fronts, but to start with I need to quiet it down so I can actually shoot it more to be able to address other issues. Its a

.22cal. Just got done trying a DonnyFL Sumo moderator (the only suggestion offered by Air Gun Pro Shop), still so loud. The most offensive noise is a loud PING I

get right after trigger pull, you can hear it in some of the videos of the gun on You Tube or Air Gun Pro Shop, others have it edited out or yet others sound

completely different. I am still new to all this comparatively speaking and you guys are the Pro's we have to lean on, so anyone with knowledge of this gun or

Evanix guns please give me a hand.

I appreciate your time reading this and giving any thoughts you have on the matter.
Thanks,
PewPew
or

WD

realized I posted in the wrong thread and reposted here sorry for confusion.

Also having pellet strikes in the shroud, on the cone first, then the end cap after removing cone. If it matters in solving or diagnosing the issue.

Had a magazine break on its 2nd time through the gun, I heard they are easy to work on but I need some reputable sources of info before I start.

Finish on the stock is coming off already (owned for less than a few weeks), how easy is it to replace the stock and does anyone have the supposed "double dipped" stocks I've heard mentioned here and there?

If you have one of these guns, have you watched your gauge as you filled the gun? Did anything weird happen? Mine did but I'll get to that in another post.

Thanks again.
I just installed the DonnyFL Yokozuna Moderator on my Max Air II (.25) and haven't done any experiments yet with different configurations but it went from 93dB down to 87dB. That's 50% quieter and it definitely sounded at least that much quieter, maybe more. I had the dB meter 10' directly in front of the barrel during the test today. Only one shot without and with the new moderator. The action of the gun will still put out noise directly to you but not forward of the gun. Also, any Fully Automatic or Semi-Auto will have this issue. My synthetic stock is still prefect after 18mo. Bought mine 12/2022. The magazines I have a probably a newer version and have never had any issues with them.

Last edited: