Tuning Need Help with Crosman 766

Hi All,

Few things. Can someone help me on the date of this rifle? Think it may be March 1978??

Also looking for parts. Spring, small black plastic slide that goes into spring.

Need rubber cup for pump (Seal) Also need o ring for valve. Been watching videos my inners of the rifle are all metal not plastic like the others I see. This may mean mine is older?

I've also heard that crosman may not have the parts anymore? Doesn't seem to be a big deal to fix. Does any one have the correct parts I can buy. Dating the rifle is important to call crosman also so I can see what they have. Heard also that the Newer 2100 rifle ? the parts are exactly the same? Any help I greatly appreciate. Thanks Kip.

IMG_2889.1617224195.JPG
IMG_2890.1617224204.JPG

There comes a time when dealing with old guns. Both air and powder. Where you will just have to make replacement parts. The plus side to that is some times you can make the parts better than the original. If you can find a hobby machinist in your area they can probably make that whole part fairly easy and out of metal. 
Your only other option is buying a parts gun. But remember. It may have the same issue as the gun you already own. 

I also have a nonworking 766. Yes, the 378 at the front of the SN indicates March 1978. The Crosman website has manuals and parts lists you can download. Just search for "Crosman parts list" and it will pop up. You can then search for 766. Parts are no longer available unless used in a current gun. Check your parts diagram, the part number will give you an indication. A 2100 part number is used on current 2100 guns, etc. Hope this helps and good luck with your repairs.