Tuning Need help with Cricket 2 Tactical tuning

I shot my new C2T .30 yesterday using 44's. It came to me shooting at 965 FPS so I started backing off the HS 1/4 turn at a time. It took 2 full revolutions before the velocity started to drop. Then it dropped rapidly. My goal was to get it to 860-870 range. Once I got close then it seemed like the velocity was very inconsistent and a 1/4 turn in made it jump into the 960's again. Then it took 1 full turn out to get it back into the mid 800's. Is this common for tuning these rifles? It seems like the spring is very touchy and takes many shots to settle in. I have no clue where the reg is set at other than the manual said the tank range was 300 - 110 bar so I assume the reg is somewhere around 110 bar?

I was thinking about removing the HS adjuster and spring and doing a thorough clean and greasing. Does that sound like a logical place to start?

When making adjustments to the hammer spring on a regulated rifle , you should also adjust the regulator to be in balance. I see a lot of guys tuning with high regulator pressures and equally high hammer spring tension just to get the valve to open. This in my experience causes higher then necessary velocity spreads then a big swing when coming off the regulator. I’m not saying it’s not possible to get a decent or even great ES , it’s just more difficult and usually involves port size. When I set up a rifle regardless of the power I want this is how I go about it. First I set my regulator somewhere between 100 and 130 bar. Next is I shoot using a chrony and the pellet/ slug I want to shoot while adjusting the hammer spring to get the highest velocity at that regulator pressure. If the velocity is either too high or too low , I then readjust my regulator to get the desired velocity. Actually I go over by 3 to 5% .then back off the hammer spring to get back to the desired velocity. I do this with all my regulated rifles and I’ve seen much better efficiency and a much narrower spread. 
Guns with transfer port restricters allow you to get the spread even lower. I start at the biggest opening and work my way down until the es settles. 

I have a .22 Cricket II Tactical and have noticed that it (and the other crickets I have owned) like a pretty stout hammer hit. It does not surprise me that you're seeing velocity swings at lower HS tensions. I would first shoot and chrony it from about 200 bar down to 100 without making any HS changes and see if you can determine at what pressure it comes off the regulator. 

My guns have been very clean from the Kalibrgun factory with minimal (if any) gunk or excess lubrication on the spring or hammer. My suggestion is to shoot the heck out of it before making any major changes. After you get to know it, then consider disassembling and dropping the reg pressure a bit.

I see a bit of a velocity surge towards the end of my .22's shot string. I do believe my regulator pressure is a bit higher than what I would want too.

Also, every Kalibrgun I have had has shot VERY accurately at velocities higher than the "normal" pellet speeds. I was just out today taking a few shots after playing with the trigger and it was spittin' crosman premiers at 1050 fps and I was getting shots that were touching each other at 50 yards :) 

Thanks for your suggestions guys. When I got the C2T out of the safe yesterday, for the first time since I took delivery of it a few weeks ago, the tank was empty. No big deal, I aired it up, shot a tin of 44’s through it, aired it up and put it back in the safe. Today I pulled it out of the safe and …. It was empty again, arrrrgggghhhh. Any ideas where to start looking for an air leak? Called the dealer but no answer…

Oh, man sorry to hear that. I have not had any leaks on my crickets. BUT, I have had some challenges after disassembling the gun's valve mechanism to get it to seal and seat properly. It took some shots of air and then a constant stream of air to seat the valve properly. Not saying this is your problem, but it's as close as I have come to dealing with a leak on this gun.

It seems like your leak is pretty quick. I would start by filling it up again and listening. If you can't hear it, then maybe carefully placed soapy bubbles where the connections are. Again, I don't know if the volume of air will be picked up by that or not... Wish I could be of more help!

Something does not sound right with your gun. My Cricket 2 tactical in .30 will not shoot anywhere near 965 FPS. Mine shoots 44.75 right at 900 with full hammer spring and velocity’s remain very consistent. I have been thinking of turning up the regulator so mine will shoot 950fps with 50gr slugs but it will not do it at factory settings. I have wondered if mine should be shooting faster from the factory but have not heard of one shooting as fast as yours.

Hello friends, I have a problem. My completely new cricket 2 tactiacl 600 groups wonderfully at 25 meters with 18.13 pellets. But at 50 meters it makes elliptical turns (they can be seen) and they fall anywhere. I have moved the entire spring in all directions and it still does not bunch up well. What can be? NOTE: My cricket 1 in a 50 meter wonder. Thank you for your answers.

@my87csx481 , No sorry but I never got any feedback from them. The gun was very accurate but I sold it soon after I got it back. I just couldn’t stand the clunky cocking / mag indexing system. It felt so rough that it drove me nuts. It seemed like after making a HS adjustment it took dozens and dozens of shots to settle down which is quite costly considering the price of .30 lead.

Reactions: my87csx481