• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Need help with 54 rear sight parts

What parts are holding the front sight adjustment screw in place?
I have the parts schematic but it is not showing this. I assume two tiny springs and ball bearings.
Anyone know where to get replacements or have fabricated them? Mine disappeared long ago.
Thanks.
IMG_3242.jpg

i will call it the clicker, it was made up of a holder a spring and a ball and they were a unit and yes i spring of some sort has to have upward pressure to make it work
one thing with Diana rifle sights they are a bitch to find and when found very expensive unless someone has one in a box they don't need
the parts diagram is at Chambers, the sight bases changed over time but more or less stayed the same
https://twchambers.co.uk/airgun-spares/diana-original/rear-sight-early-models/

Knibbs and Protek show none, Chamber has what is shown, Waffencenter Gotha show the sight complete at 35 euros but the shipping would be at least that
if you were to buy it
saw nothing on Ebay under Diana rear sight or air rifle rear sight
it has been a problem for many years that if you loose your sights, break your sight or miss place or loose parts of them making not in work condition you are screwed
oh many a member of forum have sold or given many sights to other member and in your case hope that happens
of course i would have call Umarex you said you had the parts diagram and if not you might find it here
https://www.omps2.it/en/715-diana-spare-parts

now the sight change over the years but i believe they will mount up

all i have i see a half dozen people a year looking for Diana rifle sights of some kind

now this sight needs no spring for the ball but not the one shown
https://www.omps2.it/en/715-diana-spare-parts
and the shipping from omps2 is also brutal

Reactions: Rob MacRuger
2 balls 2.5-3mm on ebay from China (10 pieces minimum for sale). Do not need springs for balls. You need 1 large spring under sight,I don’t remember the size, I have no desire to take my sight apart. I had same problem with my M54.

View attachment 412837

View attachment 412839
I seem to remember that now. The spring I can probably find in one of my junk parts bins. The ball bearings I can also get on Amazon. I'll order 2.5 and 3mm just in case.
Thanks

Reactions: Ievgen721
The smaller the balls, the more accurately the rear sight adjustments will work. I used 2.5mm balls.
Thanks,
I was turning on the light over my workbench and realized the pull string was a bunch of tiny ball bearings. They actually measured 3mm in diameter. I tried them and they seemed a little too large for the hole. I ended up using a smaller pull chain I found which measured 2.3mm. Those fit completely in the hole. They work for now but maybe slightly undersize. I also found a spring that fit over the upper and lower posts under the sight.
IMG_3268.jpg

Attachments

• chains.jpg
    chains.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited: