Tuning Need help please removing a piece of carbon fiber

I went to put my carbon fiber sleeve on today and when I pulled the barrel out there was a piece of carbon fiber 4 and 3/4 of inch long glued in the middle of the barrel how do I remove it heat cut it off preferably some way of not damaging the barrel any help would be greatly appreciated thank you James kiser
696A6B01-FB75-4A1C-9B39-5972ED9F66EA.1632338610.jpeg

If you do use a grinder or a file, you need to either work it under water or have a respirator (Like a P100 mask) and wear gloves and long sleeves. CF fibers are seriously bad stuff. Fiberglass is a walk in the park compared to this stuff. If you get any embedded, it burns for a week. Breathing it is even worse, and is hazardous.

Seriously, read up on handling CF before you start messing with it. It's nasty stuff.

At this point you are probably better off cutting 2 more sections and glue them on the ends after cleaning up the barrel at the joints. With glue I expect there wouldn't be enough flex at the joint to make a difference.

As others have pointed out carbon is nasty stuff to be grinding or sanding and there is a good chance of making a bigger mess.

If cheap epoxy was used you might be able to heat it in order to pull the sleeve off. Got an outdoor oven - it will stink and smoke.