Need help please. Compressor leaking in SS tube.

FedEx just dropped off my hatsan lighting yesterday. I ran the compressor for 20 mins without connecting to anything. Then did a leak test. Pressure build up to 2000 range slowly climbing. I shut it off and listen for air leak. I can hear air coming out of the SS tube. So I thought, just tighten the nut. It's already on tight. I loosen it and took apart. And then put it back to tighten it. Power on the compressor and shut off about 3000 psi. Can still hear leak. Did soapy water test. Bubble was forming right at the nut. I took it apart again..clean it. Tighten it back. Still leak. I wrap white thread pipe tape around the cone shape thing and put it back. Still leak. Dang it. Tried it over 10 times. Tighten as hard as I can till the point I'm worried it's gonna strip the nut or thread. And still leaking. I gave up and came here and ask for help. It's all steel, how the heck does this thing seal without any rubber or o rings? The SS tube is steel, the nut is steel, and cone shape thing is steel. Steel on steel, IDK how it can seal 4500 Psi. Anyone with experience with compressor fittings. How the heck do I get the SS tubing fitting seal? Should I call hatsan or what. Thanks.
1555602982_17273839795cb89e26cdb810.62802704_IMG_20190418_103611.jpg
1555602983_4059435835cb89e27b27788.43368032_IMG_20190418_103441.jpg
1555602984_8789062965cb89e28982369.74331708_IMG_20190418_102614.jpg

It's new and under warranty, they should make it right.

Well yeah it's still cover in the warranty. But it will take a long time to get it back from them. I just need a simple fix to stop the leaking. IDK if there is some imperfection on the SS tubing that won't allow it to seal. Maybe they will send a new SS tube for free instead of having me to ship it back for repair. It's working fine, just fill slow cause of the leaking.

I tired taking it off again and tighten as much as I could. Still leaking....

The link given in my post says "..... It is critical to avoid over-tightening the nut or else the integrity of the compression fitting will be compromised by the excessive force. If the nut is overtightened the ferrule will deform improperly causing the joint to fail. Indeed, overtightening is the most common cause of leaks in compression fittings....." 

I'd bet that Field supply will tell you call Hatsan rather than a full return, which may or may not end up being better for you. Keep in mind that the cone / ferrule is but one side of the seating surface when you talk to them.

I get stressed almost to the point of shut down (anxiety issues) when my compressor has a fault. Luckily its only been orings and a really simply 'fix' for me, except that the orings are not the kind I can find locally....

I tired taking it off again and tighten as much as I could. Still leaking....

The link given in my post says "..... It is critical to avoid over-tightening the nut or else the integrity of the compression fitting will be compromised by the excessive force. If the nut is overtightened the ferrule will deform improperly causing the joint to fail. Indeed, overtightening is the most common cause of leaks in compression fittings....."

IDK I thought if it's leaking, you tighten it more to stop it. I tighten it till it won't turn anymore. Still leak. I given up and email hatsan to see if they will ship me a new fitting. 

I'd bet that Field supply will tell you call Hatsan rather than a full return, which may or may not end up being better for you. Keep in mind that the cone / ferrule is but one side of the seating surface when you talk to them.

I get stressed almost to the point of shut down (anxiety issues) when my compressor has a fault. Luckily its only been orings and a really simply 'fix' for me, except that the orings are not the kind I can find locally....

I did order from field supply. But I just contacted hatsan instead. Since they are the manufacturer. I doubt field supply will have the parts.

I've fixed leaks on compression fittings in the past with this method. May or may not work here but worth trying. I'd also check both surfaces (the ferrule and it's female mating surface) to make sure there is no visible scratch or bur on either.

Loosen the fittings until the lines can shift a bit. Tighten fitting VERY slowly while wiggling the line. Seems it sometimes allows the ferrule to better fit into the opposing surface and seal. If it doesn't work, nothing lost and call the vendor or Hatsan.

I've fixed leaks on compression fittings in the past with this method. May or may not work here but worth trying. I'd also check both surfaces (the ferrule and it's female mating surface) to make sure there is no visible scratch or bur on either.

Loosen the fittings until the lines can shift a bit. Tighten fitting VERY slowly while wiggling the line. Seems it sometimes allows the ferrule to better fit into the opposing surface and seal. If it doesn't work, nothing lost and call the vendor or Hatsan.

Was worth a try lol. But sadly still leaking. Can hear hissing and see bubble with soapy water. Guess I can still fill my tank. Tired of playing cat chasing mice game here. It will still fill, just slower due to leaking. And in the mean time can wait if hatsan will send a new fitting to try on. The compressor is much quieter than my yong Heng and doesn't need external 5 gal bucket which is nice. But for $1173. Wish it was leak free. 

Understandable. Always irritating to receive something that doesn't work as expected. But failures will occur with anything that man makes.

Probably not possible but could you locate an o-ring that would fit over the pipe and stay below the narrow end of the ferrule? Might try one just below the upper shoulder of the ferrule as well if a correct size was available. Certainly not how the fitting was designed and not what you should have to do but might possibly maybe would seal. Hope you get it resolved.

Understandable. Always irritating to receive something that doesn't work as expected. But failures will occur with anything that man makes.

Probably not possible but could you locate an o-ring that would fit over the pipe and stay below the narrow end of the ferrule? Might try one just below the upper shoulder of the ferrule as well if a correct size was available. Certainly not how the fitting was designed and not what you should have to do but might possibly maybe would seal. Hope you get it resolved.

I was thinking about sliding an small o ring around the ferrule and nut and let the o ring seal. But wouldn't the o ring get crush when tighten the nut down on the ferrule? I might give it a try tomorrow. Just tighten till I feel some resistance so don't end up crushing the o ring between the ferrule and nut.