• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need help picking between 3 different air rifles

Hi there! 

My name is Matt and I'm new to this sport. Yesterday I tried out the Hatsan BT65 and I found the noise really loud, even with a silencer.

I have 2 main aspects for picking the rifle: silence and accuracy.

I was thinking of:

Hatsan BT65

Air Venturi Avenger

Reximex Daystar.

Which of these would you recommend? (All alternatives and advice is welcome ofcourse ;)

Thank you!

Where to you plan to buy the Reximex?

The BT65 your probably shooting too light ammo and breaking the sound barrier. A silencer won't help you there.

The clear choice is the Avenger wood. It's regulated and will be quiet, but also it will be much more accurate than those other guns. 

Here is a video on mine: 

https://youtu.be/UesMRcRowcU

You want a .22 because the .25 Avenger gets alot less shots. Also, don't touch that bullpup.

Hi there! 

My name is Matt and I'm new to this sport. Yesterday I tried out the Hatsan BT65 and I found the noise really loud, even with a silencer.

I have 2 main aspects for picking the rifle: silence and accuracy.

I was thinking of:

Hatsan BT65

Air Venturi Avenger

Reximex Daystar.

Which of these would you recommend? (All alternatives and advice is welcome ofcourse ;)

Thank you!

Have you considered the Dream Line (classic or tactical) They are super quiet, have the ability to shoot well at higher speeds and lower speeds so if you needed to do hunting or plinking with the small game at like 75 yards or less you have options. Idk, not wanting to make this a more complicated process haha but I would highly suggest it, plus the customer service with FX USA is on point. But a Dream matched with a Donny you can shoot outside and your neighbors or someone in the house would have zero ideas someone was shooting. 

Not familiar with the Reximex Daystar. But I have some shooting buddies that have a avenger in 22 and the BT65 that I have some trigger time on. They use to target shoot and hunt small game with. In my opinion. Straight out of box (clean the barrel first) the avenger is the way to go. It's not near as loud. Easiest to tune in later if you need to. Trigger is nice. Just a nice set up for the money. Once you get one and your hooked and addicted... then we can discuss what some have already suggested. . Taipan, fx, and right now what is quickly becoming my personal favorite... RTI Prophet..

Matt, Welcome to the wonderful world of airguns!

Like yourself, I am fairly new to this sport but wanted to share my thoughts and limited experience. As other members have commented, the Avenger with a DonnyFL moderator is both quiet and accurate. I have the synthetic "rifle" version and my only regret on the Avenger is that I did not purchase the wood version. I've purchased and tested a few other .22 cal air rifles and found them either too loud, not consistently accurate or both. 

After reading dozens of AGN user comments and other research I recently added a Benjamin Marauder [ama MRod] rifle with a moderator adapter. While the MRod does not have all the tuning capabilities of an FX and other $1K+ air guns, it is very quiet right out of the box, and very accurate. 

You mentioned that your primary selection priorities were: Silence & Accuracy. My suggestions are that you select a rifle which you can add a DonnyFL moderator and that your air rifle have some degree of "tunability" which will allow you to make adjustments in how your rifle performs. Also be sure to test a few different brands, type and weights of pellets.